PDA

View Full Version : Bonded FMJ

ST911
01-29-08, 10:44
Fact checking...

Anyone aware of commercially available .223 training/economy load that utilizes bonded FMJ?

In the alternative, such a bullet available as a component?

Wayne Dobbs
01-29-08, 11:18
The only item that might come close to that is the electroplated FMJ bullets that CCI/Speer make and I'm not sure they have FMJ rifle bullets like that.

What is the perceived need for such a projectile?

There are some very expensive large bore rifle bullets that may be considered bonded, like the Woodleigh's but they are for shooting elephants, buffalo, etc. and are so constructed so that NO deformation takes place that would cause the penetration to become curved or diminished.

ST911
01-29-08, 20:59
The only item that might come close to that is the electroplated FMJ bullets that CCI/Speer make and I'm not sure they have FMJ rifle bullets like that...What is the perceived need for such a projectile?...There are some very expensive large bore rifle bullets that may be considered bonded, like the Woodleigh's but they are for shooting elephants, buffalo, etc. and are so constructed so that NO deformation takes place that would cause the penetration to become curved or diminished.

Thanks for the info.

No need whatsoever that I'm aware of, just part of a larger interesting statement from another source.