PDA

View Full Version : Shotgun Training

coble0369
03-13-08, 22:06
I see a lot of focus on Carbine & Pistol Training...But, little or no Shotgun. Usually someone has to specifically request a Shotgun Trng Package. Any thoughts?

Buck
03-13-08, 23:24
Scotty Reitz at ITTS offers a fantastic three-day Shotgun / Pistol course in Southern California… I highly recommend it…

Barry in IN
03-14-08, 18:28
I'm taking a Louis Awerbuck shotgun class later this year. This will be my first shotgun class. I've always had hm first on my list for shotgun instruction since he is a damn good instructor anyway and he seems to favor the shotgun.

Even with him being a "shotgun guy", I think I only saw maybe six shotgun-only courses on his schedule for this year. That's not many for a full-time instructor who likes the gauge.
I guess if people aren't asking for it, why schedule shotgun classes?

Just an untrained observation, but it looks to me like the carbine has pushed the shotgun out of the way in terms of popularity. For now anyway.

austinN4
03-14-08, 20:22
I see a lot of focus on Carbine & Pistol Training...But, little or no Shotgun. Usually someone has to specifically request a Shotgun Trng Package. Any thoughts?
To quote zombie from another forum:
"................Suarez International, Tactical Response, Gunsite, and SigArms Academy offer shotgun courses."

cfrazier
03-14-08, 21:55
If you go to 10-8 and check when Rob Haught is giving his class. Rob is a great inst. and understand the use of the shotgun like no one else I've trained with.

jwalk84
03-15-08, 01:45
I will have to second cfrazier on the Rob Haught shotgun class.

Justin

NoBody
03-15-08, 05:57
Which state is Rob Haught located in (i.e., where does he teach his shotgun classes)?

jwalk84
03-15-08, 08:35
He is located on the east side of the country, but he is teaching a class through 10-8 Consulting in Califorinia in August.

Justin

ToddG
03-15-08, 09:51
Rob is a fantastic guy and his ability with a shotgun -- as both shooter & teacher -- is second to none. He's based out of West Virginia/Ohio (company named Symtac) but does classes nationwide.

Just one hour on the range with Rob changed the way I handle a shotgun.

Another excellent choice would be Erik Lund, who teaches at USPSA in Oklahoma.