PDA

View Full Version : CT BOHICA. Mags grandfathered, but to be registered. 1 feature AWB.

30 cal slut
04-01-13, 12:55
But like, CO, at least it's looking like we get to keep our mags.

Looks like a one feature AWB is in the works (no surprise). This I'm sure will be fought in court.

More details later this afternoon.

courant.com/news/politics/hc-gun-deal-newtown-0413-20130401,0,7341094.story

Courant.com

Gun Deal Allows High Capacity Magazine Owners To Keep Them

Sandy Hook Parents Demand Changes

By JON LENDER, jlender@courant.com

The Hartford Courant

2:40 PM EDT, April 1, 2013

advertisement
HARTFORD -- In a compromise certain to spark controversy, sources say leaders of the state House and Senate have agreed to "grandfather" existing high-capacity ammunition magazines in a gun-control package that will be released today.

The proposed compromise among legislative leaders would ban large-capacity magazines containing more than 10 bullets – such as the 30-round magazines that Adam Lanza used in the Dec. 14 Newtown school massacre – but would allow owners of existing larger-capacity magazines to keep them for at least some period of time, informed sources have told The Courant.

The bipartisan deal reached late last week by legislative leaders also would strengthen the state's existing ban on semi-automatic rifles – such as the Bushmaster AR-15 used by Lanza to kill 20 first graders and six educators at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown.

The four main legislative leaders – Senate President Pro Tempore Donald Williams, House Speaker Brendan Sharkey, both Democrats, and Republicans John McKinney in the Senate and Larry Cafero in the House – were set to brief members of their caucuses Monday afternoon in their understanding, which is to be voted on in both House and Senate alter this week.

The deal sets up a potential conflict between those legislative leaders seeking a gun-control compromise and a coalition of the most outspoken parents of victims of the Newtown school massacre.

A group of those parents held a press conference in the State Capitol Monday morning to demand an up-or-down vote on an amendment that would ban the high-capacity magazines outright and not allow existing owners to keep them under a so-called "grandfather clause," as the agreement negotiated by the leaders reportedly provides.

"We specifically want an up or down vote on the banning of these large-capacity magazines with no grandfathering clause," said Nicole Hockley, whose son, Dylan, 6, was killed Dec. 14. "Because we learned, the way that no other parents should learn, that the most dangerous, dangerous part of an assault weapon is the magazine."

"The horrible, brutal truth is that 154 bullets were fired in four minutes, killing our children, our daughters, our wives. The shooter carried 10, 30-round large-capacity magazines," Hockley said. "We have learned that in the time it took him to reload in one of the classrooms, 11 child were able to escape. We ask ourselves every day – every minute – if those magazines had held 10 rounds, forcing the shooter to reload at least six more times, would our children be alive today?"

Hockley said she and the other parents ask legislators to "have the courage to stand up for what you know is right" and "not to grandfather existing large capacity magazines, as part of the comprehensive gun legislation before you."

"The proposal, however, grandfathers existing large capacity magazines, leaving a gaping loophole on what we believe is the most dangerous feature of an assault weapon," said William Sherlach, whose wife, the school psychologist at Sandy Hook Elementary, died in the attack.

Sherlach and others supporters of a ban on magazines that allow a gun to shoot more than 10 rounds at a time say that the Sandy Hook shooter, Adam Lanza, might not have killed as many people if he had been forced to stop and reload. Lanza killed himself during the attack.

Sherlach was reading aloud from a letter that was sent Monday to state legislative leaders and signed by 24 people, 11 of whose children or other family members were killed at Sandy Hook. The letter continued: "Individuals will easily be able to purchase high capacity magazines in other states, bring them to Connecticut and claim to have owned them before the law took effect. Proving that the purchase or transfer took place post-enactment will be difficult, if not impossible."

Hockley said that she thinks a more reasonable approach would be to give owners of high-capacity magazines six months or a year to give them up. "My personal opinion is six months to a year is a reasonable point for hand back or buyback – whatever method is decided on that gives people enough time to do what they need to do."

While legislative leaders have declined to comment on specifics of their gun-control agreement, Gov. Dannel P. Malloy responded quickly to news about the compromise.

"I have been clear for weeks that a ban on the possession and sale of high capacity magazines is an important part of our effort to prevent gun violence – simply banning their sale moving forward would not be an effective solution. This morning, we heard from victims' families on that very point. They've asked for an up or down vote on that provision and, whether it's in the larger bill or as an amendment, the families, and every resident of our state, deserve a vote. We know this is an issue that has bipartisan support, including from Senate Minority Leader John McKinney. We cannot lose sight of our ultimate goal – improving public safety for all of our residents, including our children."

Under the legislative leaders' grandfather clause for high-capacity magazines, owners would have to submit to what lawmakers believe may be the first state registration procedure ever imposed on magazines, an informed source said Monday. The way it would work, owners would have to declare officially how many magazines they possess with a capacity greater than 10 bullets.

Under the new system, the high-capacity magazines – for example, a 30-round magazine – could never be loaded with more than 10 bullets outside the home, with one exception: The large-capacity magazine could be fully loaded at a licensed shooting range, the source said.

Those limitations would apply no matter what other permit the owner of the magazines possesses, such as a permit to carry a pistol, the source said.

McKinney said he expects a formal announcement of the compromise legislation later Monday after the four caucuses finish their meetings at the Capitol.

The rest of the legislative package is said to include tighter registration procedures and "universal background checks" for purchasers of all firearms, whether the purchase is from a retail store or between individuals.

glocktogo
04-01-13, 17:28
it would be a cold day in hell before I'd give up OR register my mags! :mad:

TriviaMonster
04-01-13, 17:49
So you just tell them how many you have? Uh 1,000 mags here. ;) Then I'll do my best to go out and buy 1,000 mags however I can get them. Did I mention 1,000 guns too? All pre-CT ban stuff of course...:D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

brushy bill
04-01-13, 18:09
So you just tell them how many you have? Uh 1,000 mags here. ;) Then I'll do my best to go out and buy 1,000 mags however I can get them. Did I mention 1,000 guns too? All pre-CT ban stuff of course...:D

So when they come to confiscate your stash, they won't stop until they get 1K, and you could be in trouble for transferring them?

nml
04-01-13, 18:20
Remember folks, if the facts don't support your argument, just say "have the courage to stand up for what you know is right". Don't let logic or analytical thinking get in the way of your legislation!!!!!!

TriviaMonster
04-01-13, 18:28
Remember folks, if the facts don't support your argument, just say "have the courage to stand up for what you know is right". Don't let logic or analytical thinking get in the way of your legislation!!!!!!

The most dangerous part of a gun is the magazine. Right...not the psychopath holding it.

jpmuscle
04-01-13, 18:37
Sounds like the CT governor has started to hang out with Cuomo and Bloomberg during their weekend circle jerk sessions...

Zane1844
04-01-13, 18:43
The Libs and crying women keep saying "have the courage to do what is right..."

What is right is to drop all this AWB, and "High-cap" magazine ammunition clip ban bullshit, and start concentrating on the real issues.

30 cal slut
04-01-13, 18:45
guess we're just gonna have to tough it out for a few years while the awb gets settled in the courts.

30 cal slut
04-01-13, 18:46
Did I mention that this will be CT's third assault weapons ban? :rolleyes:

Like the first two did any good.

Zane1844
04-01-13, 19:07
Did I mention that this will be CT's third assault weapons ban? :rolleyes:

Like the first two did any good.

Third time's a charm?:confused:

30 cal slut
04-01-13, 19:43
Here is the summary of the proposed law.

:rolleyes:

*sigh*

Gun shops in CT are already liquidating gun and mag inventories and planning on closing their doors.

http://cthousegop.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Press-Conference-Material-4-1-13.pdf

ForTehNguyen
04-01-13, 20:22
how in gods name are you gonna register mags without serial numbers

duece71
04-01-13, 21:08
Just tell them you have 1 30 round magazine.

Jake'sDad
04-01-13, 21:23

You just can't carry them loaded with more than 10 rounds, even if you have a carry permit.

30 cal slut
04-01-13, 21:25
so in that regard we are marginally better off than NY.

the thought of having to dispose of all my mags makes my blood pressure go monkey shit.

El Pistolero
04-01-13, 21:33
Magazine registration? I'm going to die of laughter. It's April fools afterall so it seems fitting.

jpmuscle
04-01-13, 22:12
so in that regard we are marginally better off than NY.

the thought of having to dispose of all my mags makes my blood pressure go monkey shit.

Why would you seriously entertain doing so? I'd bury them in the backyard before it came to that lol.

JoshNC
04-01-13, 22:22
Yet another sad day for the US. I predict at some point all freedom loving individuals who believe in upholding the Constitution and BOR will all live in one of the likely four (or so) states that still value these.

All gun owners with the financial means to do so should leave CT for greener pastures. I just hope Colt and all other firearm/defense industry companies move ex-post haste out of CT.

Screw these farsical liberal progressive nanny states.

7.62NATO
04-01-13, 22:41
http://www.political-humor.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/gun-control-works-great-if-youre-the-one-who-controls-the-guns.jpg

jpmuscle
04-01-13, 22:58
So the question becomes what CT demorat is looking to fast track their political career?

Brahmzy
04-02-13, 00:12
When does this take effect?

Forgive me if it was stated already.

nml
04-02-13, 00:30
The most dangerous part of a gun is the magazine. Right...not the psychopath holding it.No shit. It is awful what happened to them. I'd certainly expect them to ask hard questions, e.g. "We pay mountains in taxes, why was there no guard at the school?" or "How was a psychopath like this walking freely among us?" not "A crazed killer doesn't bother us, but we'd like to them to reload more often next time."

Yet another sad day for the US. I predict at some point all freedom loving individuals who believe in upholding the Constitution and BOR will all live in one of the likely four (or so) states that still value these.Don't quit, keep writing and calling legislators. Time is on our side. The majority of these anti-American states are poorly governed and face serious pension and health care crises in the future, i.e. California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, and New Jersey. Fiscal instabilities can create a positive feedback loop: The more people leave the state, the higher the tax burden on the rest. The higher the tax burden on the rest, the more people leave the state.

JoshNC
04-02-13, 00:53
The majority of these anti-American states are poorly governed and face serious pension and health care crises in the future, i.e. California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, and New Jersey. Fiscal instabilities can create a positive feedback loop: The more people leave the state, the higher the tax burden on the rest. The higher the tax burden on the rest, the more people leave the state.

Unfortunately it seems a number of those transplants end up voting the same ilk of left wing assclowns into office in their adopted state. And soon the adopted state becomes just like the one they left.

Biggy
04-02-13, 01:38

Looks like a one feature AWB is in the works (no surprise). This I'm sure will be fought in court.

More details later this afternoon.

courant.com/news/politics/hc-gun-deal-newtown-0413-20130401,0,7341094.story

Courant.com

Gun Deal Allows High Capacity Magazine Owners To Keep Them

Sandy Hook Parents Demand Changes

By JON LENDER, jlender@courant.com

The Hartford Courant

2:40 PM EDT, April 1, 2013

advertisement
HARTFORD -- In a compromise certain to spark controversy, sources say leaders of the state House and Senate have agreed to "grandfather" existing high-capacity ammunition magazines in a gun-control package that will be released today.

The proposed compromise among legislative leaders would ban large-capacity magazines containing more than 10 bullets – such as the 30-round magazines that Adam Lanza used in the Dec. 14 Newtown school massacre – but would allow owners of existing larger-capacity magazines to keep them for at least some period of time, informed sources have told The Courant.

The bipartisan deal reached late last week by legislative leaders also would strengthen the state's existing ban on semi-automatic rifles – such as the Bushmaster AR-15 used by Lanza to kill 20 first graders and six educators at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown.

The four main legislative leaders – Senate President Pro Tempore Donald Williams, House Speaker Brendan Sharkey, both Democrats, and Republicans John McKinney in the Senate and Larry Cafero in the House – were set to brief members of their caucuses Monday afternoon in their understanding, which is to be voted on in both House and Senate alter this week.

The deal sets up a potential conflict between those legislative leaders seeking a gun-control compromise and a coalition of the most outspoken parents of victims of the Newtown school massacre.

A group of those parents held a press conference in the State Capitol Monday morning to demand an up-or-down vote on an amendment that would ban the high-capacity magazines outright and not allow existing owners to keep them under a so-called "grandfather clause," as the agreement negotiated by the leaders reportedly provides.

"We specifically want an up or down vote on the banning of these large-capacity magazines with no grandfathering clause," said Nicole Hockley, whose son, Dylan, 6, was killed Dec. 14. "Because we learned, the way that no other parents should learn, that the most dangerous, dangerous part of an assault weapon is the magazine."

"The horrible, brutal truth is that 154 bullets were fired in four minutes, killing our children, our daughters, our wives. The shooter carried 10, 30-round large-capacity magazines," Hockley said. "We have learned that in the time it took him to reload in one of the classrooms, 11 child were able to escape. We ask ourselves every day – every minute – if those magazines had held 10 rounds, forcing the shooter to reload at least six more times, would our children be alive today?"

Hockley said she and the other parents ask legislators to "have the courage to stand up for what you know is right" and "not to grandfather existing large capacity magazines, as part of the comprehensive gun legislation before you."

"The proposal, however, grandfathers existing large capacity magazines, leaving a gaping loophole on what we believe is the most dangerous feature of an assault weapon," said William Sherlach, whose wife, the school psychologist at Sandy Hook Elementary, died in the attack.

Sherlach and others supporters of a ban on magazines that allow a gun to shoot more than 10 rounds at a time say that the Sandy Hook shooter, Adam Lanza, might not have killed as many people if he had been forced to stop and reload. Lanza killed himself during the attack.

Sherlach was reading aloud from a letter that was sent Monday to state legislative leaders and signed by 24 people, 11 of whose children or other family members were killed at Sandy Hook. The letter continued: "Individuals will easily be able to purchase high capacity magazines in other states, bring them to Connecticut and claim to have owned them before the law took effect. Proving that the purchase or transfer took place post-enactment will be difficult, if not impossible."

Hockley said that she thinks a more reasonable approach would be to give owners of high-capacity magazines six months or a year to give them up. "My personal opinion is six months to a year is a reasonable point for hand back or buyback – whatever method is decided on that gives people enough time to do what they need to do."

While legislative leaders have declined to comment on specifics of their gun-control agreement, Gov. Dannel P. Malloy responded quickly to news about the compromise.

"I have been clear for weeks that a ban on the possession and sale of high capacity magazines is an important part of our effort to prevent gun violence – simply banning their sale moving forward would not be an effective solution. This morning, we heard from victims' families on that very point. They've asked for an up or down vote on that provision and, whether it's in the larger bill or as an amendment, the families, and every resident of our state, deserve a vote. We know this is an issue that has bipartisan support, including from Senate Minority Leader John McKinney. We cannot lose sight of our ultimate goal – improving public safety for all of our residents, including our children."

Under the legislative leaders' grandfather clause for high-capacity magazines, owners would have to submit to what lawmakers believe may be the first state registration procedure ever imposed on magazines, an informed source said Monday. The way it would work, owners would have to declare officially how many magazines they possess with a capacity greater than 10 bullets.

Under the new system, the high-capacity magazines – for example, a 30-round magazine – could never be loaded with more than 10 bullets outside the home, with one exception: The large-capacity magazine could be fully loaded at a licensed shooting range, the source said.

Those limitations would apply no matter what other permit the owner of the magazines possesses, such as a permit to carry a pistol, the source said.

McKinney said he expects a formal announcement of the compromise legislation later Monday after the four caucuses finish their meetings at the Capitol.

The rest of the legislative package is said to include tighter registration procedures and "universal background checks" for purchasers of all firearms, whether the purchase is from a retail store or between individuals.

Utter insanity ! They really don't have a clue. Their game plan is to simply get as much or as little as they can. The fight will "never" be over for them, until *all* guns,mags,ammo,reloading components are gone forever. "The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun ", unfortunately the simple truth is to much for them to handle.

jpmuscle
04-02-13, 02:05
So I have to ponder how again do they plan to keep criminals from loading their magazines in excess of 10 rounds?

Oh that's right this isnt about criminals and crazy people who commit unlawful acts...:rolleyes

Also while a grieve for the families who lost children their willingness to be exploited like this is beyond disconcerting.

platoonDaddy
04-02-13, 05:00
Dang, another 100 banned. What can you own legally in CT? So now you must register both magazines and banned weapons. Good luck with that.

extends the state's assault weapons ban to 100 new types of firearms and requires that a weapon have only one of several features in order to be banned.

The newly banned weapons could no longer be bought or sold in Connecticut, and those legally owned already would have to be registered with the state, just like the high-capacity magazines.

There are still other things that we want, we'll be back for in later sessions,

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/04/01/ban-on-high-capacity-magazines-part-deal-struck-on-strict-connecticut-gun-laws/

duece71
04-02-13, 06:07
Yet another sad day for the US. I predict at some point all freedom loving individuals who believe in upholding the Constitution and BOR will all live in one of the likely four (or so) states that still value these.

All gun owners with the financial means to do so should leave CT for greener pastures. I just hope Colt and all other firearm/defense industry companies move ex-post haste out of CT.

Screw these farsical liberal progressive nanny states.

I doubt there will be any place that will be safe. Its only a matter of time. The country is headed in that direction. We gun owners are always going to be one mass murder away from a total ban or worse. I just pray there is not another shooting so as to let all of the current hysteria die down.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
04-02-13, 06:20
WTF IS AN AMMUNITION ELIGIBILITY CERTIFICATE?

jpmuscle
04-02-13, 07:14

I doubt they even ****ing know. Wtf is this country coming to when we can't have voter id reform that requires photo identification to vote because such practices are deemed discriminatory but the hypocrites can think this shit up and the masses seem to be content in swallowing it down like 10$a hooker ...

I don't get it...

JoshNC
04-02-13, 10:48
I doubt there will be any place that will be safe. Its only a matter of time. The country is headed in that direction. We gun owners are always going to be one mass murder away from a total ban or worse. I just pray there is not another shooting so as to let all of the current hysteria die down.

Maybe TX will have seceded by that time.

Mauser KAR98K
04-02-13, 11:18
Elections have consequences. Make sure in 2014 it happens to these over reaching socialist pigs in what ever state.

Airhasz
04-02-13, 11:25
Elections have consequences. Make sure in 2014 it happens to these over reaching socialist pigs in what ever state.

I sure hope we see the shooting community take jobs away from these poor excuses for Americans, makes me sick!

Apricotshot
04-02-13, 11:28
Unfortunately it seems a number of those transplants end up voting the same ilk of left wing assclowns into office in their adopted state. And soon the adopted state becomes just like the one they left.

You mean like Colorado?

These people are a cancer. Anyone who voted for Obama is in my eyes, the straight up enemy of my rights.

FromMyColdDeadHand
04-02-13, 11:31

When Dems control the house, senate and executive this is the crazy shot that happens. Any libertarian that wants to keep his guns and waste their vote in 2014 in the national elections is an idiot. If we loose the House, Katy bar the door, literally.

Register mags is just to make it easier to round up later. In a year or so it will be turn in your mags or face felony charges. Act accordingly.

Crow Hunter
04-02-13, 16:56
The Connecticut legislation will also limit the purchase of guns to one every 12 months.

Is this true!?!?!

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/2013/0402/Connecticut-responds-to-Newtown-with-groundbreaking-gun-control-laws/%28page%29/2

30 cal slut
04-02-13, 20:01
i don't think that will be in the bill tomorrow.

isn't amazing we haven't seen the actual bill yet?

it's being drafted in secret.

a1fabweld
04-02-13, 20:16
Are they going to secretly push this MF'er through like they did in NY?

If so, take your most beat up standard capacity mag, take a gnarly Taco Bell shit right in it, & drop it off on the front counter of the DOJ, ATF, or whatever the **** alphabet agancy that enforces mag registration, and have them serialize it for you. Then tell them you changed your mind and want to donate it to keep the children safe.

At the rate were going, I can't ****ing wait until the SHTF!

duece71
04-02-13, 20:39
Are they going to secretly push this MF'er through like they did in NY?

If so, take your most beat up standard capacity mag, take a gnarly Taco Bell shit right in it, & drop it off on the front counter of the DOJ, ATF, or whatever the **** alphabet agancy that enforces mag registration, and have them serialize it for you. Then tell them you changed your mind and want to donate it to keep the children safe.

At the rate were going, I can't ****ing wait until the SHTF!

Might want to figure out how to do that anonymously. You could get charged for distributing toxic waste/bio/chemical weapons with intent to harm. Then you would be put on yet another list you don't want to be put on to. Just saying....;):eek:

duece71
04-02-13, 20:42

It must be something like the Illinois "FOID" card.

a1fabweld
04-02-13, 20:46
Might want to figure out how to do that anonymously. You could get charged for distributing toxic waste/bio/chemical weapons with intent to harm. Then you would be put on yet another list you don't want to be put on to. Just saying....;):eek:

At this point, who gives a shit? Know me, put me on a list, whatever the ****. I'm sure I'm on a list for simply being an "Air Consumer".

I'm sure plenty of people are fed up with this bullshit.

Crow Hunter
04-02-13, 21:41
isn't amazing we haven't seen the actual bill yet?

it's being drafted in secret.

WTF, man!

WHAT THE **** IS THIS COUNTRY TURNING INTO!?!?!

Right before our ****ing eyes and NO ONE in the propaganda wing of the government (Media) is mentioning a damn thing about this other than cheering it on.

What will it take for the sheep of this country to get their damn heads out of their damn asses and see what is going on here?!?!

You know what really scares me about this?

The precedent.

The precedent that a publicly elected body can draft and vote on legislation secretly, behind closed doors, without public discourse and have it implemented with nothing being said.

Once they know they can get away with this shit, what will they try for next?!?!

This goes for both sides of the aisle.

This is a fundamental affront to the very basis of a Constitutional Republic. :angry:

If these jackasses aren't voted out of office in the next election cycle by BOTH parties, it IS the END of our government of the people, by the people, for the people and it shall have perished from the earth to be replaced by a fiat government of political elites of, by and for themselves.

I am beginning to feel that we are lost...

Taxation without representation, I think I have heard that one before somewhere...:angry:

30 cal slut
04-02-13, 23:03
ok, here's the bill. it's 92 pages long.

http://ctcarry.com/Document/Download/914c1022-c2dc-4338-861d-4182bab6c5fd

let's see how many legiscritters will actually read the bill before they vote on it.

kinda like Obamacare. :rolleyes:

Submariner
04-03-13, 07:28
Connecticut - The Constitution State.

Crow Hunter
04-03-13, 09:17
Large capacity magazine" means any firearm magazine, belt,
drum, feed strip or similar device that has
the capacity of, or can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than ten rounds of ammunition,

Same problem that Colorado has and probably good proof this was written by Bloomberg. This now make ANY magazine illegal...:rolleyes:

jpmuscle
04-03-13, 16:48
Colt had better be getting their shit together and packing the **** up for a move after this.

recon
04-03-13, 22:17
It is really sad that Socialists are slowly take over this great country! I guess the good old USA days are numbered! This country is going to be so divided and it will only get worse.
:sad:

Brahmzy
04-03-13, 23:44
Wish I had a time machine. I'd bring the founding fathers back to 2013 and let them figure this mess out.

Moose-Knuckle
04-04-13, 00:28
Wish I had a time machine. I'd bring the founding fathers back to 2013 and let them figure this mess out.

It would go a little something like this . . .

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/AKS-74/lexingtonandconcord_zps1e87d802.jpg

Abraxas
04-04-13, 00:36

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/AKS-74/lexingtonandconcord_zps1e87d802.jpg

You know though, I don't think we have a smart enough or hard enough population to make it successful. It would (or will, who knows) not be much more than a mess.

jpmuscle
04-04-13, 02:18
You know though, I don't think we have a smart enough or hard enough population to make it successful. It would (or will, who knows) not be much more than a mess.

Why do something hard like fight for liberty when burger king is only a short drive away...

Mauser KAR98K
04-04-13, 02:28
Millions aren't buying guns and ammo just to be cool until the government seizes them. There is a reason.

I saw the patriots should come out of the closet and tell the liberals where the line is, and wait for 2014 to see the soft war at the ballot box take a turn in our favor.

I think being silent on how far we are willing to go for our constitutional liberties needs to end. I'm not saying go out there and brandish your AR, but let your feelings be known (and not the way James Yeager did it).

Abraxas
04-04-13, 02:45
Why do something hard like fight for liberty when burger king is only a short drive away...

Exactly

TriviaMonster
04-04-13, 04:48
30 cal, you were wrong. It wasn't drafted in secret, the Aristocracy knew what was in that bill, they bought it after all.

Koshinn
04-04-13, 04:53

I'm going to wear a hat like that to my next carbine class

nml
04-04-13, 10:55
Photo just needs to have the rifles on semi. The red coats had auto but the Gun Control Act of 1768 forbade the colonials from owning them.

THCDDM4
04-04-13, 11:55

Or we could take these threats to our liberty and country seriously as our founding fathers did and deal with the mess ourselves as they would have intended and demanded of free men.

I am somewhat shocked there hasn't been small pockets of revolt already. I attribute it more to the existance of technology that keeps people in fear of acting- than the notion people aren't right on the edge of a revolution right now. This country is a powder keg right now, and the rest of the world is also.

They keep crossing the line and we keep backing up and re-drawing the line- somethings gotta give eventually, for right or wrong. Either we have to submit, or we have to push back before it is too late.

Are we really going to just sit back and let them legislate our country back to the dark ages? Because that is exactly what they are doing.
What are founders fought and died for, shed blood for, we are allowing to be written away in committee, it is quite pathetic and disgusting really.

The pen really is mightier than the sword...

Sad to hear this passed, not surprised at all. Bloomberg has a bunch of money/influence he is throwing around like gangbusters right now.

It is beyond sad and shameful we are not living up to the standards our founding fathers set for free men and this country...

skydivr
04-04-13, 15:47
We are likely to see these small "revolts" as soon as the laws go into effect in CO and CT, and 2A supporters refuse/resist...

Submariner
04-06-13, 09:57

Gee, my Aimpoint would wash out against the red coat.

Damn those Brits!

Brahmzy
04-06-13, 17:43
Once again, can someone please answer this question?

WHEN DOES THIS GO INTO EFFECT?

Mac5.56
04-06-13, 18:03

My father was in Hoffman's in the Hartford area when the bill was signed and they literally stopped all sales of semi auto standard capacity firearms the second the bill was signed. He said people were leaving the store in droves and that he never in his life thought he would see such a thing.

Today he was at a state sanctioned range and said there were tons of AR15s out and being shot in public in plain view of a range officer that I know to be a stickler for the old CT laws.

So my answer to you is, "I don't know".

Seems a lot like NY to be honest. The assumption is the law is in effect in it's entirety now, but how will it be enforced, and so on is in question. You'll probably get a year or so grace period to register stuff.

It ****ing sucks I know I'm going through it myself.

CarlosDJackal
04-06-13, 22:29
how in gods name are you gonna register mags without serial numbers

Okay, are you seriously asking if those yahoos who wrote the bill had even a single drop of common sense? :jester:

30 cal slut
04-07-13, 20:40

ban on the sale of rifle and magazines went into effect on april 5. the bill was signed shortly after noon on april, at which point sales stopped immediately.

roughly two hours later, CT state police contacted all the fun shops and said resumption of rifle and mag sales was okay until midnight. between 2 pm and midnight, sales went mega full retard.

the law provided for subsequent transfers to folks who had in-transit purchases of guns and stripped lowers, and only magazines that came with the guns after the effective date. legiscritters anticipated that folks would have guns in limbo. if you paid for the gun or receiver, and mag that came with the gun prior to april 4 and it was inbound, or undergoing 14 day long gun waiting period (if you don't have a ccw in CT, you have to wait 14 days to buy a long gun), you can still get the gun and the mags that came with the gun past april 5.

ammo restrictions and rifle permit requirements kick in on October 1.

you have until January 1, 2014 to register guns and magazines.

jpmuscle
04-07-13, 20:47
maybe when Potus shows up tomorrow to make a political spectacle of the whole thing, dance on the graves of the deceased, and congratulate the sorry excuse for statesman in the capital for having the courage to pass such common sense laws he can clarify the restrictions for everyone...

:mad: