PDA

View Full Version : Federal RXM556T3 vs XM556FBIT3

Barnacle Bill
05-20-13, 13:11
Are these the same thing? I couldn't find anything on "RXM556T3" by search, and Federal's LE web sight doesn't seem to list either load.

transition2secondary
06-06-13, 22:01
Interested in this as well. I have seen this in stock lately but can't find details on it.

Barnacle Bill
06-07-13, 10:00
Interested in this as well. I have seen this in stock lately but can't find details on it.

Somebody on another board told me that it is the same thing, but I was hoping for the Doc to weigh in since he recommends XM556FBIT3 and could be expected to have the inside dope.

BC98
06-07-13, 13:10
Try contacting Federal's customer service and asking. They should be able to find out for you.

Barnacle Bill
06-07-13, 14:01
Try contacting Federal's customer service and asking. They should be able to find out for you.

Not being endowed with appropriate credentials, I'm reluctant to contact manufacturers about supposedly "LE only" products lest I call their attention to a leak in their system to deny such to us hoi polloi.

Akin
06-11-13, 00:44
I was wondering about this, too. Subscribed...

DocGKR
06-12-13, 02:57
Same thing. The R means a lot that did not meet the contract specifications and was rejected--this does not mean it is "bad" or substandard...

Barnacle Bill
06-12-13, 07:45
Same thing. The R means a lot that did not meet the contract specifications and was rejected--this does not mean it is "bad" or substandard...

Thanks!

aca222
06-14-13, 19:11
Thanks Doc for clarifying... as an expansion of the topic, where would one find official/company info on ammo like these? On WINCHESTER'S website, you have to be a hound and search out the 2013 catalog to even know of the existence of RA556B. As for FEDERAL, I go to le.atk.com, their official LE website, and you would never know of XM556FBIT3, MK318Mod0, or even that they make any 5.56 pressure loads at all. If it weren't for websites like m4carbine.net, no one would even know of their existence at all... I figure that WINCHESTER'S is just poorly designed or poorly updated... FEDERAL'S on the other hand appears to withold info... Is there another official FEDERAL website for these full power 5.56loads? i.e. MILITARY.ATK.COM?

Thanks again.