PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the ARFOM threads

HC4Gunner
08-09-06, 13:43
They were last night and they are gone now, I was going to sign up as a cross-over

Boom
08-09-06, 13:46
They were last night and they are gone now, I was going to sign up as a cross-over

They have been removed. Please read the thread at the top of the GD forum.

Thank You

Boom

HC4Gunner
08-09-06, 13:48
Ok I see it, it looks like you posted that thread after I had submitted my thread ............................Sorry I wasn't trying to cause trouble

KevinB
08-09-06, 15:28
Beren,

The issue is not you or your responce -- Just shutting down anything that could be construed as related to the issue.

Emotions are much to high right now for this issue to have rational discussion - this site is going to carry on without any reference to issues on the outside...

Beren
08-09-06, 15:32
Emotions are much to high right now for this issue to have rational discussion - this site is going to carry on without any reference to issues on the outside...

Fair enough. :D What policies does M4carbine.net have in place to prevent any collusion or price fixing among authorized dealers?

SuicideHz
08-09-06, 15:56
How does Kevin respond to Beren before Beren posts?

militarymoron
08-09-06, 16:37

i bet kevin knew you were going to ask that before you did.

LukeMacGillie
08-09-06, 16:57
Well so much for a sight free from Trolls.

Since anyone who posts at the TOS is a Grant Troll, you must be a Avila Troll:rolleyes:

Beren
08-09-06, 17:01

A couple of my posts were removed by the moderators for reasons explained by KevinB.

Boom
08-09-06, 18:15
Well so much for a sight free from Trolls.

Since anyone who posts at the TOS is a Grant Troll, you must be a Avila Troll:rolleyes:

Was a troll. :D

K.L. Davis
08-09-06, 18:25
i bet kevin knew you were going to ask that before you did.

Chuck Norris would have...

Okay, sorry, but a little humor seems like a good thing lately :p

CapnCrunch
08-09-06, 19:25
Chuck Norris would have...

Okay, sorry, but a little humor seems like a good thing lately :p
KevinB has fought Chuck Norris twice. They had to postpone the first fight after an errant roundhouse kick caused the 'KT' event, extinguishing the lives of millions of dinosaurs.

The rematch, in 1988, is thought to have killed remnant populations of Sasquatch, the Ogopogo lake serpent, and the Loch Ness Monster. It is also thought to have created a hole in the ozone layer.

The pair teamed up with Gary Coleman in late 2003 to beat the piss out of the guy that came up with the Tacpoint. Capco supplied 14 Mexican Burros, and 3 llamas for ground support. The llamas and burros were never seen again.

blackhawk2000
08-09-06, 21:51
Threads and posts should never be deleted. It reeks of a cover up whether real or perceived. Lock them if you must, but always leave them available to read.

Robb Jensen
08-09-06, 21:58
Threads and posts should never be deleted. It reeks of a cover up whether real or perceived. Lock them if you must, but always leave them available to read.

DING!, DING!, DING! WE HAVE A WINNER!

Preach it brother!

M4arc
08-10-06, 18:32

I haven't deleted any threads but I've locked a few. I agree with you but the staff here probably had their reasons for moving them to trash. Hopefully, once cooler heads prevail this won't be an issue and I won't have a reason to even lock a thread :)

QuietShootr
08-10-06, 18:49
Looks like the shit is congealing over there.

9DivDoc
08-10-06, 19:03
There is a lot of distraught emotional stuff flying around...

A lot of asccusations....

Usually that is a good time to ..take some time away from the subject and wait
until it can be discussed in more civilized and adult manner.....

Usually this is when I send the kids to their room to cool off...and read a book...

or else.

In the old days in Dong Tam we would have trashed the EM club and waited for the MPs and take them on to....

Then E&E's our way back to the company area so the 1st sgt could send us back
out to the firebase for shit burning detail....

If everybody had to burn shit to pay for talkin' it...there'd be a lot less shit talking...

variablebinary
08-10-06, 19:22
Edited out comment.

olds442tyguy
08-10-06, 19:29
Edited out comment.

MaddMan
08-10-06, 19:30
hmmm who has smeared this site? I don't recall anyone doing that.....

K.L. Davis
08-10-06, 19:41
hmmm who has smeared this site? I don't recall anyone doing that.....

Chuck Norris smeared the site once...

...once

That is why KevinB is still here...

...and Chuck Norris is not.

blackhawk2000
08-10-06, 21:24
Seriously what are we to think when even this thread has deleted comments in it? Given the current events we are dealing with right now, with vendors, and boards, I am starting to lean towards cover up, with the posts that keep disapearing. I've been around the net quite a while. I've seen boards come and go. I've seen cover ups. Some better than others. I've been involved with fighting some cover ups. This is starting to stink, and I don't want it to.

Aubie515
08-10-06, 21:26
I agree that this whole situation is getting ugly. I have been a member over at ARF for a very long time and I am tired of the none sense that goes on over there. I joined this site, hoping for something better.

9DivDoc
08-10-06, 21:36
Things will boil over for a while...and then they will settle back down...
here and there...

Give everybody a little breathing spell...

Things always tend to get back to normal after every storm....

nature of people and the world...

This place is going to need some time to find it's niche...and will go through
some growing pains...

Arfcom like every other site....especially one that big....is bound to have trouble
now and again....and then settle back down...

Very few people stay angry very long....most folks prefer peace most of the time
and a little exitment every once in a while to break up the monontony

KevinB
08-10-06, 22:06
The reasons posts have been deleted and edited - is due to the inflamatory nature of some comments - or innuendo.

This is NOT the place to come and bitch about AR15.com

Comments bitching about Juan, Staff, content etc will not be tolerated.

We have enough problems in this community without trying to knife each other in the back.

Legitimate questions made be made to Staff,Mods etc.

IF you have a question that may be inflamatory IM one of us -- ask away. None of us are thin skinned.

However this is not a trash site and personal soapbox commentary about issues that dont relate to AR's etc will not be tolerated IF they overlap onto AR15.

K.L. Davis
08-10-06, 22:33
hum...

I would have to guess that some posts are gone because, well they just don't contribute to the site -- I came here to talk about firearms and the proper use thereof.

As for drama... don't need it.

To tell the truth, which seems to be very chic now, one reason a lot of folks here are not too spun up about what is going on elsewhere is that a lot of us already knew all of that... yep, knew who all those names were, know some that they have not figured out yet and even know that a couple of TOS staff knew the same things.

We know about some of the emails and messages that have not and will not been posted... we know that some of those that are playing clean, pure, holy or just stupid are none of those and in many cases, some folks here predicted a lot of the things that are happening in 'other places' -- we know that some of these attacks are based on all sorts of reasons... but I can show you emails from TOS staff that were sent out a month before this site was even online, warning that they would ban anyone that supported any site that competed against them.

But I think the real truth is... very few here care -- and the further all of that is from here the better. I want to talk about guns, training and an occasional good laugh between friends (some I have met, some I have not) and if one day I look up from here and the entire Internet is in flames... BFD.

Sorry, but at this point in my life, my bullshit meter is pretty much pegged... tank is full; I don't give a shit, don't take any shit -- just not in the shit business.

I don't know who owns this site, or what he, she or them have done. I do know that clinging onto reports posted by a person named after an animal on some internet forum is a form of soap opera in and of itself -- news flash for some of you, all of this is just a bunch of 1s and 0s spinning around at about 7000 RPM... At my previous duty station, there was legend of the Chupacabra and son of a bitch if one day driving down the back road into town I did not see the weirdest thing run out in the road, pause and dart back into the high grass; I am much more certain of the Chupacabra than I am about a LOT of things I read on Internet forums.

I can tell you these couple of things for a fact... if the manufacturers and major distributors posted the emails and phone records from every dealer that cried, pissed, moaned, bitched, kicked and made threats about another dealer... well all of the people that say they will not do business with that type of person would have to wait another generation to get parts.

So... here is the cool thing about the Internet, there is NOTHING that you can not find here: right, wrong, illegal, imoral, rightous, good, bad, stupid, clever... it is here somewhere -- I promise, if you want to find a forum that talks about loin cloths, plucked chickens, whale oil and Fuller's Earth, it is out there. That said, it is easy to see how forums degrade into oneupmanship and "if you don't have knowledge, then have secrets" -- I really don't want to make or read posts about who is a lier, alcoholic, wears a rug, is a gambler, cheated on their wife at SHOT or bilked investors out of a shit load of money.

Now this is just me... I don't have a dog in the fight as they say, nor do I spend any money on this stuff -- I live on the Gob'ment tit and it is good, I get all of what I need, some of what I want, and all I have to do is show young men how to break shit and hurt people... but even at that, my safe is rather pathetic in contrast to some of the pictures I have seen posted -- I understand that a person that is dumping hard earned money into these things wants to make sure they are getting the best value... I just hope that these folks realize that for a few of us, it is like the same song just keeps playing over and over on a broken jukebox... it may be the first time a lot of folks have heard this song, but for some the shit just droans on and on.

Now, we find a dark corner, don't care if anyone pays attention and can talk over the noise of the same old song -- I guess when you know how the story ends, it really is hard to sit through again.

Hope a few of you understand... once you make your purchase please speak up, there are LOTS of sharp people here that can offer advice on using, and improving whatever it is you got; and not a single one of use give a rat's ass who you bought it from.

And if it matters... I'll be over in the Tech forum...

peace