PDA

View Full Version : Just saw World Trade Center....

nickdrak
08-10-06, 01:48
It was truly an excellent film. NO complaints at all with this flick. Everyone must see it. Very surprisingly, it had no political agenda. Just a great story! Not sure how true to life it really is, but a great story nontheless.

The theater was packed, there was a group of about 8 teenie-boppers that we had to sit next to, and they were quite through the whole film....Amazing!!!

M4arc
08-10-06, 18:43
I've debated going to this film but I've heard nothing but positive reviews from 'like-mind' folks. I'll have to see it but I'm still not sure if I can do it in the theater.

SuicideHz
08-11-06, 09:49
I just can't stomach Nicholas Cage at this point. He has become what I hated about Ben Affleck- he comes out in every film. They have done some great parts in some great movies, but their true personalities always show through- not that they are bad, but they seem to be "Nicholas Cage" and "Ben Affleck" in every movie and not a character.

Besides, it is a true story based on real people. I wish a no-name actor would have played the cheif. I would think that having a big name actor playing the part would really detract from the fact that this was a real person.

I guess it's just that I think I'd get stuck at "Nicholas Cage" since I'm sick of him and don't want to not honor and respect the real person he is portraying.

But, let me know if I've totally gotten the wrong impression. I'd like to see how this movie turns out...

Ice Cream Man
08-11-06, 09:51
I am going to try to go see this movie today, have been hearing some good things about it.

DevilDog
08-11-06, 10:23
... I wish a no-name actor would have played the cheif. I would think that having a big name actor playing the part would really detract from the fact that this was a real person.

I agree. One of the things I thought that made United 93 better was the lack of real familiar actors. It just seemed to make it real.

I still look forward to seeing World Trade Center.

Rmplstlskn
08-11-06, 18:32
I'm waiting for DVD through Netflix...

Rmpl