PDA

View Full Version : Foregrip or not?

AR15freak
07-10-13, 17:43
The other day I was thinking about what type of foregrip I really prefer to have on an AR. I have had some experience on my rifle with a Daniel defense vertical foregrip, a stubby vert. grip, and a Magpul AFG2 foregrip. Overall I prefer no foregrip at all, for me I like to reach out all the way almost to the end of the rail and use a C clamp type grip.
I see many rifles on here with vert grips on them, nut not many with no foregrip at all. What type of foregrip do you guys like to run?

Koshinn
07-10-13, 17:52
The other day I was thinking about what type of foregrip I really prefer to have on an AR. I have had some experience on my rifle with a Daniel defense vertical foregrip, a stubby vert. grip, and a Magpul AFG2 foregrip. Overall I prefer no foregrip at all, for me I like to reach out all the way almost to the end of the rail and use a C clamp type grip.
I see many rifles on here with vert grips on them, nut not many with no foregrip at all. What type of foregrip do you guys like to run?

Magpul AFG2 at the end of a 9" rail is just about perfect for me.

Rohardi
07-10-13, 17:55
Magpul AFG2 at the end of a 9" rail is just about perfect for me.

Same here

F-Trooper05
07-10-13, 17:57
Nothing at all.

LoveAR
07-10-13, 17:57
Magpul AFG on one and AFG2 on the other. Feels just right to me.

Dobie
07-10-13, 18:01
Anyone using the BCM foregrip?
I have the DD grip and its long.

RMiller
07-10-13, 18:08
I've tried a VFG, I've tried the AFG. I prefer nothing.

Zane1844
07-10-13, 18:28
Not a thing.

Col_Crocs
07-10-13, 18:41

This is very subjective. Foregrip for me. Been shooting a lot more lately and I've since switched back to a stubby vfg from the afg. I have come to find the afg at the end of a mk18 rail to be less stable, due to hand position, over an extended period of time. Not to mention much much hotter.... Being right underneath my gb, i actually heated the screw enough to feel it through the plastic.

Dave13F
07-10-13, 18:45
I've tried a few different vertical grips, and I tried the AFG(didn't work too well on the 7" rail as I expected). Then I finally settled with the KAC gangster grip. Just like the one I had in the Army. I usually shoot palm up thumb forward, with my index finger wrapped around rail, and the other three high up on the grip. I'm very happy with it.

1911-A1
07-10-13, 18:52
I use a cut down magpul RVG. It's really just a hand stop/index point as well as a barricade brace.

Vulture38
07-10-13, 18:55
I prefer nothing.

SteveL
07-10-13, 18:56
Currently experimenting with an AFG 2. Not sure yet whether it will stay or not.

Sentaruu
07-10-13, 19:26
I have an afg on a DD 12 lite rail on one(my primary), and no grip on a nsr on my other rifle(secondary rifle more set up so my fiancé can handle it)

I've used a vertical grip but would hold it in a manner that was better suited for a afg with 2 fingers on the rail, 2 on the grip and a thumb over so I just switched to the afg and found it more comfortable. when I hold the nsr it just a c-clamp style grip w/ the thumb over

Airhasz
07-10-13, 19:30
Larue shorty

MAC6792
07-10-13, 19:31
I recently switched to the MD xtm enhanced hand stop. It gives me just the right amount of purchase

SpeedRacer
07-10-13, 19:34
Chopped MOE MVG modified to fit my DD tube. Love it. I was always a no VG guy, but decided to give it a shot. After taking VTAC Street Fighter I don't think I'll ever go without a VFG again. For most normal firing positions I can take it or leave it, but when things get awkward it sure comes in handy.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/24/gaga5yde.jpg

cpoth
07-10-13, 19:41
I like tango down vertical grips or DD vert grips. I used to use an AFG on all my rifles but I saw Kyle Lamb explain some things about how to use a vertical grip in various challenging shooting positions. An example is using the grip to push or pull up against the forearm or leg to steady the point of aim when shooting underneath a car or through low hole in a barricade. Likely those are positions I will never find myself in however I have a capability with the vertical grip now that I did not have with the AFG. To add to that I do not find that I lose anything that I had with the AFG. I still have an index point, I can still use my left hand to get out on top of the bore to control recoil so I find it to be a win win.

Moose-Knuckle
07-10-13, 19:41
Just be sure its ribbed for her pleasure.

TakeAwayTheFear
07-10-13, 19:42
I tired my buddies afg and my ak has a vfg. I dont think this ar will get anything.

T2C
07-10-13, 19:44
None.

Airhasz
07-10-13, 19:45
Here's a beauty...http://www.amazon.com/Mako-Tactical-Foregrip-Integrated-Adjustable/dp/B003ZZZYVC

jaxman7
07-10-13, 20:42
For barricade shooting/and supporting the rifle on the handguard (example: shooting on a hood)/prone supported I've taken mine off and run without one. Becomes too much of an obstacle. Just my preference though.

-Jax

Ultimate_respect
07-10-13, 20:47
I agree I have the Fab Defense ForeGrip with Bipod. You can buy cheap knock off but I believe if you buy the real thing it is Amazing. I have the Gen 2 model with a nice grip and it turns 90 degrees. I totally recommend it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLyIO4sHJ0A

Tonyparson
07-10-13, 21:15
I don't have one but, I'm thinking about getting one.

Swag
07-10-13, 21:15
Prefer a stubby vert. The extreme angle the hand and wrist must conform to without one isn't ideal for me.

markm
07-10-13, 21:26
Nothing at all.

Not a thing.

I prefer nothing.

It's Agreed. NOTHING! Lock her down now boys! :cool:

midSCarolina
07-10-13, 21:31
I am clearly outclassed here but I like having the VG. I think i can get my hand in a position to handle the vertical rise much better with the VG than without. I have never felt like it was in the way... when shooting up against cover, i will use the VG as somewhat of a stop. I can load the VG kinda like you would load a bipod. The VG is shorter than the mag so it doesn't interfere with how low to the ground i can get... i like them (the stubby ones at least).

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k558/thornejc23/photo-74_zpsb1212fd0.jpg
http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k558/thornejc23/photo-73_zps5d114f76.jpg
http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k558/thornejc23/photo-75_zps514d993c.jpg

Swag
07-10-13, 21:43
Just thought of something funny (to me). This is like that "Less filling! Tastes great!" beer commercial.

LoveAR
07-10-13, 22:13
It's Agreed. NOTHING! Lock her down now boys! :cool:

The use of AFGs is to be censored?

ColtSeavers
07-10-13, 22:40
Handled a few rifles with them, my opinion of them being completely unnecessary remains.

STONE-YARDER
07-10-13, 22:52
AFG2 on one AR and seriously considering dumpin it and a low pro hand stop on the other. Working my way back to nothing.

JSantoro
07-11-13, 07:49
The use of AFGs is to be censored?

No, but a needless rehash topic like this...

(that could have been prevented by conducting a Search for keyword "vertical" or "foregrip" limited to thread titles only and to this subfourm)

...isn't gonna survive long.