PDA

View Full Version : LSA

lrrps
08-13-06, 02:54
Hi everyone,

I'm a former south vietnamese Navy petty officer who served 6 years in Viet Nam, at the time we were issued LSA weapons oil medium in 4 oz cans to lubricate our M-16A1s.
I know that new lubricants have been developped since but is the LSA oil still used in the US military, is LSA still recommended?

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Hydguy
08-13-06, 09:40
When I was in the Marine Corps, we were using Break Free CLP, and it was being used when I got out in 2002. THe only place I've seen LSA is at gunshows, and it was all dated stuff....well past shelf life...

lrrps
08-13-06, 09:54
I still have a can of LSA, I guess I'll keep it as a collector item and use CLP to clean & lubricate my weapons.

M4arc
08-13-06, 11:55
My favorite Vietnam era books are about LRRP (and LRP) units. I've read every book on the subject I can find; truly amazing stories.

Welcome to the site, make yourself home.

lrrps
08-13-06, 12:44
My favorite Vietnam era books are about LRRP (and LRP) units. I've read every book on the subject I can find; truly amazing stories.

Welcome to the site, make yourself home.

Thanks M4arc,

Yup, me too I'm amazed by the LRRP units, they are truly the best.

Submariner
08-13-06, 15:45
STLRN recently posted over there that LSA is still authorized for very low temperatures (below 0F).

If it is sealed, ebay it and buy some SLIP 2000 and/or TW-25B; otherwise, use it until it is gone and then buy some SLIP 2000 and/or TW-25B.;)

Kisara
08-13-06, 20:55
Welcome aboard!

I still have a few LRRP food packets, they look like they were where the modern day MRE originated. I can only imagine that LSA would probably make them taste better.

9DivDoc
08-13-06, 21:03
Hey LRRPS....

I ran a few Riverine ops out of Dong Tam and MyTho with the 3/60th and 2/39th
Inf 9th Inf Div....69-70

We may have spent some time in the same AO....

Welcome Aboard...

No more cleaning weapons in 55 gal drum halves of diesel and giving them
baths in LSA.... :)