PDA

View Full Version : Short AAR of the TREXPO Show in DC

Hardgear, LLC
08-24-06, 17:32
Just got back from the TREXPO Show in greater DC. Not exactly the shot show, but it is definitely geared towards LE.

Saw the following there:

LWRC- They had a nice selection of their guns. One had the Magpul UBR prototype on it. Can't wait until Magpul releases them!

FN - Finally got to hold the SCAR light and heavy. The LE sales rep told me they will be offered for civilian sales next summer!!!!!!!!! They also had F2000s and P90s in LE and Civilian versions.

HK - nothing new (no HK45) other than the USPc Tactical and several versions of their 416s. Same attitude as usual.

Aimpoint - Something very exciting will coming to market next year.

Eotech - The FDE version of the 503 has been delayed due to some overzealous testing of the finish by the PA. They had to change the finish depth in the area of the locking lever.

Lots of airsoft guns were being used as props and to demonstrate first person shooter training videos.

Dick Kramer was there personally signing his prints.

Col McKnight of Blackhawk fame was also there.

That's all I can think of righ now.

Bomber

Kisara
08-24-06, 20:04
HK - nothing new... Same attitude as usual.
ROFL :D

GMAN51
08-25-06, 07:29
That is great news about the FN SCAR rifles and I hope that it turns out to be true. Thanks for the nice report by the way. :)

SinnFéinM1911
08-25-06, 07:37
Dont get your hopes up !

Damon
08-25-06, 13:52
Did you see Dick Marcinko?

Sights-press
08-25-06, 21:02
I got to meet Mr. Lewis of Lewis Machine and Tool. No one was around him for about 30 minutes so he filled me in on a bunch of info about his company and products. IMO he makes the best of breed AR. No offense to anyone else, I just like his. I own a bunch of other manufacturers weapons as well though.

There was a bunch of other stuff there that was uber-cool-tactical there as well such as the SCAR rifles. HK was there and to my surprise they didn't bring their piston AR. When I talked with the HK guys about it, they told me someone was coming with it. I don't want to start ragging on HK, but I don't know what they were thinking.....they must have rode the short bus!!

They had lots of less lethal stuff which was very neat. In law enforcement actual shootings are pretty rare, but use of less lethal stuff happens all of the time.

Take care and keep your head down!
G

Hardgear, LLC
08-26-06, 18:08
I got to meet Mr. Lewis of Lewis Machine and Tool. No one was around him for about 30 minutes so he filled me in on a bunch of info about his company and products. IMO he makes the best of breed AR. No offense to anyone else, I just like his. I own a bunch of other manufacturers weapons as well though.

There was a bunch of other stuff there that was uber-cool-tactical there as well such as the SCAR rifles. HK was there and to my surprise they didn't bring their piston AR. When I talked with the HK guys about it, they told me someone was coming with it. I don't want to start ragging on HK, but I don't know what they were thinking.....they must have rode the short bus!!

They had lots of less lethal stuff which was very neat. In law enforcement actual shootings are pretty rare, but use of less lethal stuff happens all of the time.

Take care and keep your head down!
G

Gaston,

They had two 416s there on Thursday, but they were pompous as usual. I often wonder why I carry there guns.

Hardgear

Sights-press
08-26-06, 18:23
I had gone there on Wednesday, I guess you just lucked out by being there after "the guy that was coming with them arrived".

They make nice stuff, but there is equipment out there that is just as good. Except in the sub-machinegun catagory....that 9mm MP5 just can't be beat.

Keep your head down
G

Hydguy
08-28-06, 01:21
I had gone there on Wednesday, I guess you just lucked out by being there after "the guy that was coming with them arrived".

They make nice stuff, but there is equipment out there that is just as good. Except in the sub-machinegun catagory....that 9mm MP5 just can't be beat.

Keep your head down
G

Sure it can... UMP .45

RyanB
08-28-06, 02:14
The UMP 45 is a porpoising beast...

kel
08-28-06, 22:56
The Springfield XD in .45 was intro'd there with the FDE frame, that's sort of new...

HK416s did show up - don't blame the LE guys for not bringing them: The HK-D guys are not the same company as HK LE.

The new LW folks deserve some kudos for sticking it out there in light of the recent tempest they've been riding out.

Alexander Arms also gets kudos from me for being amazingly professional and polite concerning the whole stink about their competitor. They had some nice guns there too.

Marcinko usually pops in for a few, he came by and chatted at the Gemtech booth, so there's confirm on DD sighting.

On that note, we (Gemtech) had a pretty good time dropping in and seeing old freinds and putting some faces to names. I haven't swung by TREXPO for a couple years, so it was good to get back into my old DC stomping grounds for bit.

The only nagging question: What was up with the Human Torch demo? It... didn't seem to *go* that well. :)

Quick vid here from in front of the range:

http://myweb.cableone.net/1934/FiredudeTREXPO.wmv