PDA

View Full Version : DG Switch Won't Fit M&P

USA
09-03-13, 21:44
Posting here because I only got one response in tactical light forum. I apologize if the only response is the right response, but I tried palm smacking it, and it still wouldn't fit. Thought about using a rubber mallet too, but something inside told me it shouldn't be like this, and I don't feel like carrying a mallet in the field in case I have to put my X300U back on.

Anyways, I bought an X300U. It would not fit on my M&P so I punched out pins holding cover/spacer at rear of light, and it fit.

Bought DG-12 switch. It will not fit my M&P either. Figured I would punch out pins and remove spacer at rear as before. I can't seem to get the pins out this time. Do they come out for DG switch?

Any advice on how to fit DG switch to M&P is appreciated, and yes, I bought M&P DG switch so I'm not sure why it doesn't fit without modification. Is palm strike only way? Do the pins come out?

SteveL
09-03-13, 22:27
Which attachment method are you using? The cross locking bar, the P adapter, or the U adapter? IIRC I had trouble with the P adapter in my X300. It wouldn't go onto my M&P9. If you put the U adapter in I believe it will go on easier.

The Dumb Gun Collector
09-04-13, 06:08
I have no idea. I just put one on mine and it was as easy as swapping back covers. Pics?

DanTSX
09-04-13, 11:50
Which attachment method are you using? The cross locking bar, the P adapter, or the U adapter? IIRC I had trouble with the P adapter in my X300. It wouldn't go onto my M&P9. If you put the U adapter in I believe it will go on easier.

I have to use the "U" adapter on mine with the M&P. counter-intuitive as it looks like you would take advantage of the picatinny style. I bet a lot of people force the light on with the "p" cross bolt.

dookie1481
09-05-13, 23:55
Ultras seem to be absurdly tight on pretty much everything. I had to literally use a mallet to get one on my rifle.

SteveL
09-10-13, 04:34
I have to use the "U" adapter on mine with the M&P. counter-intuitive as it looks like you would take advantage of the picatinny style. I bet a lot of people force the light on with the "p" cross bolt.

I used the U adapter for a long time on my M&P9 (my light is a regular X300, not an ultra). When I started swapping the light between the M&P9 and my PPQ I swapped to the P adapter because the light could move front-to-back some with the U adapter. I ended up having to file a small amount of material off the light at the top back where it makes contact with the trigger guard.