PDA

View Full Version : Redback One Sights Review

bowietx
09-04-13, 20:40
After mounting these sights and having a chance to put a decent number of rounds downrange with them I wanted to share the experience with all.

https://www.m4carbine.net/picture.php?albumid=697&pictureid=3386

Tough time getting this poor picture, but what has stood out to me at this point is the ability of the serrations to reduce glare. The local climate is hot with a lot of sunshine, but these sights produce no glare and are easy to acquire despite the ridiculously bright sun that exists here to seemingly do nothing more than punish our daily efforts to work outdoors. The front sight is narrower than the stock sight. It is advertised at .125" and measures close to that on my micrometer. With the slimmer front sight it is easier to acquire for me and obscures less of the target.

A brief disclaimer, the standard glock sights remind me of a field goal with a middle finger in between staring you down with the same condescending glare that David Akers experienced when he missed two field goals against the Packers in '11. As soon as I received the RB1 sights my factory sights were placed on a target, shot and then sent to a small village in China where Shaolin monks study the essence of hatred.

One thing that should be noted is that the tritium dot on the front sight is very small and can be difficult to acquire quickly depending upon the lighting. It does not glow as brightly to me as say the VTAC tritium inserts, but can be acquired nonetheless. Some have painted their front sight in order to aid in faster acquisition and I will probably go this route as well.

That said these RB1 sights are working fabulously and my groups have improved as well as my split times. For the most part the sights have functioned as advertised and I have purchased a second set which won't be the last that I acquire. If you are on the fence about replacing your factory Glock sights, do it, it will make you feel better and your shooting may improve as well. The sights appear durable enough, but I haven't tried running them through walls or the foreheads of Rattlesnakes just yet. I will be using them in an upcoming carbine course and will let you know hoe they hold up to abuse after that experience.

Shipping from RB1 was close to instantaneous and the customer service was excellent. I would highly recommend these sights and please let me know if you have any questions.

samuse
09-05-13, 08:20
Those RB-1 sights are good stuff. 10-8 makes 'em out of some tough steel, the square notch is a good option.

A different front sight is easy to find since the rear is the same as almost every other aftermarket sight.

BBS
09-05-13, 10:20
You have to be a birds fan. I was at that game and have trashed Akers ever since.

Great review, btw!

Noodles
09-05-13, 11:42
I just got a set of 10-8 for the PPQ. I can't believe how well the brass bead picks up light in lower light situations. Visible WAY sooner than fiber!