PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING: ALL Caracal “C” Pistols Permanently Recalled – No Fix Available

RogerinTPA
09-09-13, 18:27
Another one bites the dust. I had high hopes for them and even entertained the idea of obtaining the C model. Sad to hear that another firearm manufacturer is letting quality slip, but in Caracal's situation, there is no fix, so a mass recall and full refund is in order.

BREAKING: ALL Caracal “C” Pistols Permanently Recalled – No Fix Available.

This is the third recall of a major line of pistols in less than a month’s period.

Both Smith and Wesson’s M&P Shield and Springfield’s XDS pistols were recalled in recent weeks.

Now Caracal has announced a FULL recall of all Caracal “C” model pistols.

According to the company, there is no fix available for this issue and all pistols are to be returned for a full refund.

Here is a copy of the press release from the company. You can click here to read the PDF issued by the company.

UPDATE
Caracal Model C Pistol Product Safety Warning and Recall Notice

Caracal International LLC previously instituted a recall of Caracal Model C pistols on March 28, 2013 for batchnumbers from SC188- to SC222.

Caracal is now issuing this recall of all Model C pistols in all markets, following the completion of a full investigation. Caracal is initiating this voluntary recall of Model C pistols because the safety of its customers is paramount.

This recall affects all Model C pistols, including but not limited to those with serial numbers which start with the following letters: HM, AA, AD, AG, CA, CB, CC, CD, CE, CF, CG, CH, CI, CJ, CK, CL, CM, CN, CP, CR and CS.

If you own or have access to a Caracal Model C pistol, PLEASE DO NOT LOAD OR FIRE YOUR PISTOL. Please contact Caracal customer care immediately to arrange to have your Model C pistol returned. Caracal will provide you with a full refund of the purchase price of your Caracal Model C pistol or vouchers for other Caracal products.

Unfortunately, the potential safety issues cannot be addressed through a repair of the Model C pistol and all Model C pistols must be returned for refund.

packinaglock
09-09-13, 18:44
Wow!, that's pretty surprising.

DanjojoUSMC
09-09-13, 18:50
Don't mess with the latest, greatest new firearm is always good advice. More have problems than don't - "teething issues" too common.

MiamiCracker
09-09-13, 18:51
That was one handgun I was interested in, what a shame.

FAB45
09-09-13, 19:02
The market is already flooded with enough quality polymer pistols, we don't need Caracal pistols if you ask me...

Wake27
09-09-13, 19:13
The market is already flooded with enough quality polymer pistols, we don't need Caracal pistols if you ask me...

Competition in the market is usually a good thing.

lowbar
09-09-13, 19:17
Wow, interesting!

SpeedRacer
09-09-13, 19:19
That's gotta hurt. I don't see how you survive that as a company.

RogerinTPA
09-09-13, 19:22
Don't mess with the latest, greatest new firearm is always good advice. More have problems than don't - "teething issues" too common.

Agreed.

I normally give a new kid on the block 2+ years, for others to serve as beta testers, before I make a decision. It seems that a new trigger and or a redesign of the drop safety is in order. The appeal with these weapons, according to the buzz, was the smooth 1911esk trigger 'feel', but the potential of the pistol firing when dropped, and not technically savvy enough to fix it, will probably tank the company, or at a minimum, the demise of this series if they can't re-engineer this flaw.

Tzed250
09-09-13, 20:02
Competition in the market is usually a good thing.

I agree.

Magsz
09-09-13, 20:09
That's gotta hurt. I don't see how you survive that as a company.

Massive amounts of oil money is how they survive that....lol.

They also announced a generation 2 pistol today on Facebook so im guessing these are "fixed".

Any way you slice the pie the generation 2 pistols are massive improvements if they prove safe....kinda funny that statement "if they prove safe".

SpeedRacer
09-09-13, 20:30
Massive amounts of oil money is how they survive that....lol.

They also announced a generation 2 pistol today on Facebook so im guessing these are "fixed".

Any way you slice the pie the generation 2 pistols are massive improvements if they prove safe....kinda funny that statement "if they prove safe".

True!

Still...coming on to the scene as a new manufacturer and then subjecting your customers to multiple safety recalls, and then finally a full-on "can't fix it here's your money back" refund on a huge chunk of your firearms is not a great way to win people over and establish yourself. I was one of those people quietly interested in the Caracal, sitting back and waiting a few years while other people played guinea pig. After this unprecedented level of fail I feel bad for the early adopters and there's nothing Caracal could do from this point on that would regain my interest.

And the worst part is my Glocks are still mad at me for even looking...

samuse
09-09-13, 21:15
;)

http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/7337/colt1911lownx0.jpg

http://www.humanevents.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Glockmain-620x431.jpg

thei3ug
09-10-13, 00:02
so... future curio then.

ericl
09-10-13, 00:39
Although they are produced elsewhere, what do you expect from a company based in the UAE, and why would anyone choose to support such a company?

Freedoooom
09-10-13, 03:33
Drop safety issue.

The full sized one had the problem too. They fixed it.

The compact one, they cannot fix.

Come up to logical conclusions instead of posting FUD.

cutter_spc
09-10-13, 06:21
Although they are produced elsewhere, what do you expect from a company based in the UAE, and why would anyone choose to support such a company?

Could not agree more!

Urban_Redneck
09-10-13, 08:12
Another C with catastrophic slide failure in PAK , rumors of counterfeit ChiCom ammo and no mention if the serial# was in the range of guns recalled earlier this year :bad:

I've been been very happy with Caracal since I purchased my first in spring 2012, and second in summer of 2012. I took the recall and exchange of my F in stride and was patiently waiting notice to send my C in for exchange and this comes up :rolleyes:

With mags still in short supply and high prices I hate to abandon the brand altogether. I have almost 2k through my C.

&%#@#&(%$#&#!

okie john
09-10-13, 13:12
Does anyone else wonder if Glock is watching this issue? They could learn a thing or two from how Caracal is handling this...

Okie John

Psalms144.1
09-10-13, 13:21
Does anyone else wonder if Glock is watching this issue? They could learn a thing or two from how Caracal is handling this...

Okie JohnAmen, brother - PREACH ON!

Unfortunately, you missed the message from Glock in which Gaston informed the world that his work is "Perfection" - therefore you are a heretic infidel for suggesting that Glock would ever need to address a design flaw of ANY kind. Please find the nearest cat of nine tails and whip yourself bloody immediately.

Now, back to the originally scheduled program - sorry for all of you Caracal owners out there - hope it works out for you!

Regards,

Kevin

Kain
09-10-13, 16:02

This reminds me of when they were first announced. Made in the UAE was one hell of a knock against it and I had heard that the company was told by one possible importer that if they wanted to make money to have them marked "Made in Israel" otherwise he felt that they were a lost cause.

Now back on track. Has any other manufacture ever done a recall like this in the past?

MiamiCracker
09-10-13, 16:33
I am gonna keep an eye on the Gen 2 Caracals, if they fixed the problem and are priced right I may jump on one.

The Dumb Gun Collector
09-10-13, 18:38
I actually makes them more credible in my eyes. A lot of companies would have done some rink-dink fix or just ignored the issue and blamed the user (like a lot of companies have through the years).

Arcana71
09-10-13, 18:59
Has any other manufacture ever done a recall like this in the past?Vektor CP1

Five_Point_Five_Six
09-10-13, 19:17

Okie John

Well, Glock obviously hasn't had internet access for the past 4 years, so my guess is they will continue on with "Perfection".

TiroFijo
09-10-13, 21:21
When Glock is busy trying to fill in the million or so gun production for the year, I'm sure they won't miss the sour customers too much... feel free to spend your money elsewhere.

Glock is not perfect for sure, but they rule the world market for service pistols and have done so for many years now. Perhaps they know a thing or two about this business :D

bzdog
09-10-13, 21:55
I actually makes them more credible in my eyes. A lot of companies would have done some rink-dink fix or just ignored the issue and blamed the user (like a lot of companies have through the years).

+1. It's a very stand up move IMO. The costs to do a full product line re-call/fix must be crazy, let alone a full recall/refund. These guys have done both in a very short timeframe.

-john

Urban_Redneck
09-11-13, 10:37
+1. It's a very stand up move IMO. The costs to do a full product line re-call/fix must be crazy, let alone a full recall/refund. These guys have done both in a very short timeframe.

-john

I just got off the phone with Caracal USA, in addition to the C model pistols, they will buy back mags (I have 9) and holsters.

The GenII guns will not be here before mid 2014.

My dilemma what to replace my C as EDC?

A)I shoot my F in IDPA I could ask Caracal to swap me another F.
or
B) Buy a PPQ or something else.

This is a drag in a bag :(

TiroFijo
09-11-13, 10:48
If I were you, I would move on and buy something else.

There is always time to try something new, I try not be first to try a new pistol line as my primary competition or carry gun, it is not like it will be sooo amazing (if it works, and lasts) that would magically make me a better shooter overnight.

If you have to sell your pistol, mags and holster, remember that the bulk of the training costs is on the ammunition anyway.

Campbell
09-11-13, 12:26
Don't have one, but any company that stands behind their goods is okay by me....getting pretty damn rare on this planet.

Psalms144.1
09-11-13, 18:00
I just got off the phone with Caracal USA, in addition to the C model pistols, they will buy back mags (I have 9) and holsters.

The GenII guns will not be here before mid 2014.

My dilemma what to replace my C as EDC?

A)I shoot my F in IDPA I could ask Caracal to swap me another F.
or
B) Buy a PPQ or something else.

This is a drag in a bag :(U_R - I feel your pain, brother. If I were you, I'd take the money and run. Is the "F" THAT much better for you than, say, a G17 or PPQ? If not, this might be a gentle nudge to get you into a more mainstream weapon.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVED my Steyr M9, but dropped it after several months of being unable to find any magazines, decent sights, holsters, etc for it (this was back when they were new to market). The world is just too full of too many other options that aren't logistically challenged...

Regards,

Kevin

Tzed250
09-11-13, 19:11
U_R - I feel your pain, brother. If I were you, I'd take the money and run. Is the "F" THAT much better for you than, say, a G17 or PPQ? If not, this might be a gentle nudge to get you into a more mainstream weapon.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVED my Steyr M9, but dropped it after several months of being unable to find any magazines, decent sights, holsters, etc for it (this was back when they were new to market). The world is just too full of too many other options that aren't logistically challenged...

Regards,

Kevin

The world around the Steyr M-A1 has changed. Not as many holsters as for a Glock, but there are several to pick from. Mags are easy to find and not very expensive. I like the trap sights myself, but Trijicon makes a set.

Urban_Redneck
09-11-13, 20:21
U_R - I feel your pain, brother. If I were you, I'd take the money and run. Is the "F" THAT much better for you than, say, a G17 or PPQ? If not, this might be a gentle nudge to get you into a more mainstream weapon.

Regards,

Kevin

I shoot the Caracal pistols well, they fit my hands, and they've done nothing but run and run.

What turns me off to the PPQ and the M+P is the mag issue, both cost and availability. Plus, I'd have to upgrade the trigger on the M+P or the sights on the PPQ to get something similar to what I enjoy now. Sadly, Glocks just don't fit my hand well enough to be in the running.