PDA

View Full Version : What's the best drop-in competition trigger for Glocks

blackscot
09-17-13, 09:20
Just picked up a G34 for IDPA-SSP and USPSA-Production competition. I've owned several previous Glocks but they were all at least partly for carry, so I never bothered with any trigger mods. This G34 is the first intended strictly for competition.

Although I realize that Glocks have their limitations, I'd like to get the trigger as non-spongy as possible. Lighter pull and minimal take-up and reset would also be plusses. Mostly though I need to reduce that typical Glock spongy creep.

Thanks for any steers.

okie john
09-17-13, 09:57
Just picked up a G34 for IDPA-SSP and USPSA-Production competition. I've owned several previous Glocks but they were all at least partly for carry, so I never bothered with any trigger mods. This G34 is the first intended strictly for competition.

Although I realize that Glocks have their limitations, I'd like to get the trigger as non-spongy as possible. Lighter pull and minimal take-up and reset would also be plusses. Mostly though I need to reduce that typical Glock spongy creep.

Thanks for any steers.

I use an OEM (-) connector and the twenty-five-cent trigger job. Short of the elusive (.-) connector that only Tier I guys can get, I think it's the hot setup.

Okie John

Okie John

Magsz
09-17-13, 14:10
Pick your poison from Charlie Vanek at www.vanektriggers.com

It doesnt get any better than what he has to offer.

iLift45s
09-17-13, 14:40
Pick your poison from Charlie Vanek at www.vanektriggers.com

It doesnt get any better than what he has to offer.

Charlie makes an incredible trigger system! I love his triggers! So smooth and light.

snakedoctor
09-17-13, 15:02
Another vote for Vanek triggers

theblackknight
09-17-13, 15:11
I know some people who really like the Zev Tech stuff with their over and under travel stops for their Limited Glerks. I just purchased their gen4 guide rod ring and they have some fast shipping.

http://www.glockworx.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=793696&CAT=3688

The ZEV Tech Standard Trigger features a welded tab inside the trigger pad that is not visible (thus being IDPA SSP and USPSA Production legal) that shortens the amount of trigger pre-travel. The Competition trigger has a larger tab and a shorter pre-travel. The Tactical version has 10% more pre-travel than our competition trigger which is ideal for a self defense gun. This trigger is primarily for anyone wanting a polymer trigger pad Glock trigger with shortened pre travel, over travel and trigger reset. If you shoot “Stock Gun” class competition such as IDPA SSP or USPSA Production, this is the trigger you will want to have.

We offer our Standard trigger in 3 kits. Please choose the appropriate kit from drop down menu. Full kit contents listed on Specs tab.

Trigger with Trigger Bar $80–ZEV Standard Trigger bar with hidden welded pre-travel tab.

Complete Kit $130– In addition to the ZEV Standard Trigger Bar this kit also includes a ZEV Ejector Housing with overtravel adjustment, V4 Race Connector, Stainless Steel Firing Pin Safety, and all springs. This kit will allow you to adjust both trigger pull weight and over travel movement.

Deluxe Kit $200 – Includes everything from our Complete Kit with the addition of our Skeletonized Firing Pin. This firing pin has an extended tip for improved strike and precision ground and polished engagement surfaces to eliminate trigger creep. This is our top of the line trigger kit.

PS: that gamer stuff will getcha killed

Magsz
09-17-13, 16:48
You've been warned....

The ZEV stuff is also nice but for a complete drop in solution i really do believe that nothing beats Vanek.

The Glocktrigger offerings arent bad but i personally prefer the Vanek.

theblackknight
09-17-13, 17:59
I dont know dick about the vanek stuff because none of my buddies use them.

How are they different?

If I even bought one, it would prob be just to compare the parts and see exactly how they mod them,besides stuff like drill/taping over/under travel limiters.

Magsz
09-17-13, 18:21
I cant describe feel over the internet but i prefer the break on the Vanek kits. His triggers arent ice crisp, they have a short rolling break which i like.

Triggers are entirely subjective so something like this is best left up to the individual.

Renegade
09-17-13, 18:36
I have been using the Dale Rhea trigger 10 years, works great