PDA

View Full Version : Ameriglo Hackathorn & Trijicon HD Night Sights config?

Mak8080
09-19-13, 13:43
Ok, so I'm looking to do a little tweaking to my night sights. My vision seems to be getting worse according to the ophthalmologist that I recently visited. I run both the above sights on a number of Glocks. I love the Hacks. The serrated black rear seems to work for me.

With that being said, the feature that I like about he Trijicon HD's is the serrated black rear WITH the tritium vials. What I don't like is the U-shaped rear notch. I prefer a square notch like the Hacks.

I believe there's some Ameriglo Operator rears that have tritiums, but no serrations.

So.....Does anyone know if Ameriglo or anyone in general makes a serrated black rear sight WITH tritium vials in a square notch?

awpk03s
09-19-13, 16:56
You can get a Heinie Ledge 3D rear sight, fits what you're looking for.

Mak8080
09-19-13, 18:04
You can get a Heinie Ledge 3D rear sight, fits what you're looking for.

Where have I been??? Those look pretty nice. Thank you

awpk03s
09-20-13, 08:09
They are nice sights. I run this rear with 0.156" notch and an XS front sight on my Glocks and 1911. Definitely my preferred setup.

I do have Trijicon HDs on my Springfield XD-S, but I agree with you that I prefer a square notch opposed to the U notch.

Mak8080
09-20-13, 18:14
I think I'm going to have to check these out and at least give them a go.

SW-Shooter
09-20-13, 22:06
I'm running Trijicon HD's and they are hard to beat, especially when you need a quick acquisition front sight.

Dos Cylindros
09-21-13, 09:44
I have the Trijicon HD's on two of my four M&P's. I will be adding them to my recently acquired 9c as well. They are VERY fast up close and while shooting quickly or while moving. It has also been my experience that they are not the easiest when it comes to precision fire. For me, they require much more work to be accurate and precise at distances 25 yards and out.

09-22-13, 08:56
Just got Trij HD's on my P-30. I must say I like them so far. Haven't had time to shoot it yet.

Texaspoff
09-22-13, 16:14
I have been running the HD series sights on all my Glocks since they came out. They are a bit on the expensive side, but for me I haven't found anything that works better. Now if Trijicon will hurry up and get them out for the PPQ I will be set..:)

TXPO