PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy newest revision M&P 9 barrel?

ruchik
09-19-13, 19:38
I have a first generation M&P 9, and managed to track down and add the later revisions of the newer models, such as a large sear plunger housing block and striker assembly. I can't seem to find the newest generation of barrels, however. I believe it's called the "dot" barrel? I looked at some pictures online of the differences and believe I found the 2nd generation barrels, but not the newest one. Where might I be able to buy the newest iteration?

PatrioticDisorder
09-19-13, 19:48
I'd contact Smith directly if you want the newest barrel. Other things you may want to inquire about are the latest trigger bar, slide stop assembly & sear to see if you can't get those as well. The grittiness in the triggers of the new M&Ps remains, but the reset & break are significantly improved. Of course if you already Apex'd your trigger I wouldn't worry about the rest.

Jaysop
09-19-13, 20:05
When did these revisions happen? I can't seem to find that information.

PatrioticDisorder
09-19-13, 20:06
When did these revisions happen? I can't seem to find that information.

They were "rolling" but it started with the trigger bar last year, slide stop assembly & sear earlier this year with the barrels coming circa April/May of this year.

PatrioticDisorder
09-19-13, 20:09
http://modernserviceweapons.com/?p=3719

http://modernserviceweapons.com/?p=3848

http://modernserviceweapons.com/?p=3830

And FYI, the reset on the Pro Series is just so so, Pro Series reset is audible/tactile but not nearly as noticable as the regular M&Ps.

ruchik
09-19-13, 20:18
I did indeed Apex out my gun, so no worries on the trigger stuff.

I considered contacting S&W directly, but it appears according to the folks over at the M&P forum who tried the same were told that it's a restricted part, and only sold through retailers. No idea why.

PatrioticDisorder
09-19-13, 20:28
I did indeed Apex out my gun, so no worries on the trigger stuff.

I considered contacting S&W directly, but it appears according to the folks over at the M&P forum who tried the same were told that it's a restricted part, and only sold through retailers. No idea why.

Ya that kinda pisses me off. I own only .40s and they all have decent accuracy, but that's BS, no reason Smith can't sell you a barrel directly. The panic buying has/is subsiding, so I'm sure they have a few extra barrels to spare. Unfortunately I don't have any first hand info I can give you on who may actually have the new barrels in stock... Perhaps midway or Brownell's, but who knows if whoever you talk on the phone will actually be able to physically verify they have the "dot" or "2 dot" barrels.

If you want a dead nuts accurate barrel I'd wait for Apex to get the Bar Sto barrels and have them fit it... Pricey, but guaranteed 1" groups from rest at 25 yards is appealing.

xjustintimex
09-19-13, 22:18
Two questions to this... If accuracy is suffering can you get a new locking block to try and fix it instead if a new barrel?

Second thing, is there a way to lower the 6 lb pull and keep the new and awesome reset? I love the new trigger but I really want it to be a bit lighter