PDA

View Full Version : Armordillo Holster

aaron_c
09-20-13, 16:58
Has anyone seen these X-FER holsters?? Looks like a great concept for a Vanguard-type holster, if you like having a weapon mounted light. I've got an X300 Ultra on my Glock 19 and I get tired of taking it on and off between night stand and carry duty, so I end up leaving it at home in favor of my CM9 a lot more than I used to (and will be even more so when I have to remove both a light and a suppressor).

Any users of this holster? Any opinions on it?

http://www.armordilloconcealment.com/category_s/96.htm

CoolBreeze1911
09-20-13, 17:16
This design intrigues me, though I'm skeptical for two reasons. 1) the pictures only show a glock equipped with the holster, no 1911, which the description claims is supported. 2) it's made out of Kydex not injection molded like the Vanguard 2 by RC which has proven a great buy for me. Though I too with RC came out with a VG that supports a light equipped weapon.

OP, if you get one, please update us on your experience.

aaron_c
09-20-13, 17:19
I've actually seen the 1911, M&P, etc. with this holster on in some YouTube videos as well!

sxshep
09-20-13, 17:35
Can't speak for the X-FER, but I have three other holsters from Armordillo and love them... I've carried my M&P9+TLR-1 in an Armordillo holster for almost two years now and it has treated me very well. I've thought about getting an X-FER once I save up for an X300 but I don't know that I'd carry it much

denn1911
09-21-13, 23:39
I'm curious how user friendly reholstering would be during training, etc. I'm all for the minimalist idea, but I'm not loving it.

aaron_c
09-22-13, 07:10
I'm curious how user friendly reholstering would be during training, etc. I'm all for the minimalist idea, but I'm not loving it.

I'm thinking it would be about the same as my Raven Vanguard - not recommended. That's another issue I'm having in this decision, I'd like to have a holster I can take a class with and this one definitely isn't it. Also looking at the Incog and the Bravo DOS (maybe the DOS-L), but my suppressor may even arrive before one of those Bravo holsters does it looks like lol.

ggammell
09-22-13, 08:19
I ran into the owner at a class last year. He had one for demo. It is certainly what it says. Single light multi gun.

aaron_c
09-22-13, 08:25
I ran into the owner at a class last year. He had one for demo. It is certainly what it says. Single light multi gun.

Did you get a chance to try it out, or at least try it on? Have any thoughts or concerns about it?

J_B
09-23-13, 12:09
I had one for awhile. At first I was ok AIWB it (G19/X300) but it started to bother me more and more so I traded it off.

The holster and company are great so I have no issues with them. Fast shipping and great communications.

Holster wasn't for me so I went back to AIWB my Off The Grid MKi or VG2.

Dos Cylindros
09-23-13, 13:14
I have an X-Fer that I use quite often. I use mine for my department issued M&P 40 with X300. It's main use is AIWB when I am to and from work for a uniformed patrol shift. Now that I am in detectives it sees less use but I do use it while instructing at the range on occasion or while traveling to and from tactical operations (such as pre planned search warrant raids)( where I am going to have to change out of my normal clothes and into my entry gear. It is a very well made holster that I am quite satisfied with.

As far as reholstering goes, the company advises against doing it while it is attached to your belt. In practice I find it quite easy to reholster without removing it from the belt, and I feel that it is as safe as any AIWB rig in the reholstering department.

Apricotshot
09-23-13, 15:00
I have one as well. Used on the G17, G19, M&P 9 and FNS9. Works as advertised and is very comfortable. Follow the Vanguard 2 directions for use.

BioLayne
09-23-13, 15:51

the holster itself is pretty good, but if you don't have it in correctly it can make actually drawing the weapon extremely difficult, and I'm not going to try to toot my own horn but I'm about as strong as they come and one time I couldn't get it out of the holster because it was in there not quite right.

Re-holstering is possible, but I would not recommend it.

ggammell
09-23-13, 19:56
Did you get a chance to try it out, or at least try it on? Have any thoughts or concerns about it?

It was brand new at the time and only available for the x300 which I was not equipped with. Several students used it and liked it. The instructor was also impressed.