PDA

View Full Version : Glock Gen 4 G19 Review (Austrian)

Quiet Riot
09-21-13, 06:23
My wife finally said she wanted to get her CCW here in NC, so I used my GSSF coupon to buy a Gen 4 G19. In this video I show the neat new backstrap organizer/tool that comes with new Gen 4s and demonstrate how easy it is to use it to add one of the beavertails with it.

I also do a "no BS" limp wrist test showing that a properly functioning Glock will still cycle fine and not send hot brass into your face just because you're not gripping it like a hotshot firearms instructor.

This pistol shows why the Gen 4 G19 is my top recommendation for a carry gun when people ask me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdZxSLgct-M

You can also watch a short video of my very first shot with this pistol that had unexpected results. :)
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10202072200754924&set=vb.366902800035581&type=2&theater

ndmiller
09-21-13, 07:23
Good video explaining the Gen 4 backstraps and how they are installed with supplied tool. Gen 2-3r myself (26, 19, 17L) with complete confidence having never had any issues besides getting dirty and running out of ammo.

Can definitely see the need for backstraps to adjust grip size and/or mitigate slide bite. Brought a buddy of mine to the range with huge mitts for hands. 26 had his second knuckle on trigger. 19 much better in-between 1st and second knuckle easier to use first pad, so a backstrap would help here. Best feeling gun and shooting gun for him CZ SP-01 a monster comparatively but certainly not anything called a carry piece. He'll end up with either a 17 gen 3 or a 19 gen 4 for sure with a sight upgrade and shoot it forever.

Noah

Ranger45
09-21-13, 08:49
Nice video. Hard to beat a good G19, for any reason!

walkin' trails
09-21-13, 09:03
I also like your video. Glock ought to at least give you another GSSF voucher for your efforts. Keep us posted when that 19 gets into the "problem" round count range. I bought a Gen IV 26 earlier this summer, and have had no malfunctions now with about 400 rounds down the pipe. While I understand that the Gen IV baby Glocks didn't get change as much internally as the larger pistols, I've still heard they suffer from extractor/ejector problems. Then again, I caught a guy who'd had a 26 for the past 18-20 years and have recently experienced a chipped extractor loading his first round straight into the chamber before inserting the mag. I talked to him about that, and then got to wondering how many many others have done the same thing without knowing it was a bad thing to do to any semi auto. I have a Gen I 17 made in probably 1986 (bought in early 87) with a high round count but still has the original extractor (trigger bar, and ejector housing have been replaced due to wear). While i will concede that Glock made some changes that don't work, educating shooters to proper techniques to shoot and maintain their pistols might help clear up some of the lesser problems that inexperienced shooters and new gun owners complain about.

Cmm46
09-21-13, 13:04
Good stuff. I got a Gen 4 G23 a few months ago but mine didn't come with the beavertail backstraps.

Quiet Riot
09-22-13, 02:45
Good stuff. I got a Gen 4 G23 a few months ago but mine didn't come with the beavertail backstraps.

I really like them better than the standard backstraps. I'm thinking about trying a medium on my G17 for a while.

walker2713
09-22-13, 17:06
Well done....of my two G19, my Gen4 is most comfortable with the standard, small strap....as opposed to my Gen2.

BT2012
09-23-13, 08:33
Thanks for the link to the video. G19 is a good CCW gun for its mag capacity and size.

rauchman
09-23-13, 09:03
We have some great video authors on this site and you are one of them. Very nice job. I've been on the fence on a Gen4 G19 purchase and your video is pushing me in the direction of buying one.

Abraham
09-23-13, 15:13
Great videos!

SpankMonkey
09-23-13, 21:50
Love my gen 4 glocks. Been very happy with how they are running. Zero issues so far.

PatrioticDisorder
09-24-13, 09:38
Nice review, that is how my old Gen3 G19 circa 2008 ran... Unfortunately it's a little too late for many of us whom have moved on to the M&P platform.