PDA

View Full Version : Apex FSS vs AEK triggers

ruchik
09-26-13, 23:28
Is there a physical difference in the amount of pre-travel stop that are built into these? I ask because on FSS-equipped M&P's, the trigger seems to sit further back in the frame than the AEK-equipped ones, resulting in a slightly shorter trigger reach.

BoringGuy45
09-26-13, 23:39
There's quite a few threads on this.

Yes, the pre-travel on the FSS is noticeably less. It's meant to feel more like a single action as opposed to the AEK, which has the same pre-travel but with less overtravel.

ruchik
09-26-13, 23:47
I'm not asking about the pre-travel, per se. I want to know WHY. Yes, the sear itself moves the break point forward, but portion of the trigger that stops against the frame to shorten pre-travel appears to be larger on the FSS triggers as opposed to the AEK ones. Am I just seeing things? FSS-equipped triggers seem to sit further back in the frame as opposed to their AEK counterparts.

Texaspoff
09-27-13, 03:29
You are correct, the FSS trigger sits further back than the AEK. The geometry is different on the two trigger pads. This is why the AEK trigger will not work with the FSS kits. The difference in them is the placement point for the trigger bar mounting pin.

The AEK kit reduces some of the trigger take up, and the trigger pad is set further back than the factory trigger pad.

The FSS kit reduces almost all of the take up out of the trigger, and sits further back than the AEK. This kit also has its own sear.

The two kits feel very different and are designed to provide you with two different type trigger setups.

TXPO