PDA

View Full Version : Walther PPQ M2 - First Reaction

ptmccain
10-02-13, 09:06
Just picked up my Walther PPQ M2 last night and could not stop holding it and dry firing it.

Wow....I'm blown away by the ergonomics and trigger on this handgun. Stupid detail, but even the case it comes in is notably higher quality than just about any handgun I've purchased.

The stock trigger is really amazing, far superior to any other striker action I've ever shot before. The reset point is nothing short of phenomenal, *almost* reminds me of a finely tuned 1911 trigger, in terms of reset.

The take up is in two stages and the break is very crisp. My Glock 34 is better, but that's after sinking a $150 Z-tech trigger in it.

The size is really nice as well, it reminds me of a Glock 19.

The handgrip looks goofy as all get-out but it fits the hand like a glove. I'm going to experiment with the different grip pieces that come with it.

Only disappointment is that it only comes with two 15 round magazines. I'm thinking of getting several 17 round mags for it.

I'm so impressed with the Walther PPQ I'm seriously considering using it as my EDC and getting rid of my Glock 26.

We shall see. More later.

evoutfitters
10-02-13, 09:21
Walther really worked some magic on the PPQ trigger. As you've discovered, it is quite good for a striker-fired pistol.

ptmccain
10-02-13, 09:28
Walther really worked some magic on the PPQ trigger. As you've discovered, it is quite good for a striker-fired pistol.

Indeed...I've read quite a lot of comments about it on this forum and elsewhere and Larry Vickers has raved about it, so I finally decided to, forgive me, pull the trigger on it. Got it for $485 on Gunbroker.

I also just picked up three 17 round magazines for it.

It feels very well made/well built.

Kind of cool that it came with the paper target from the factory in Germany that they used to test it, from 15 meters, and it was a VERY tight group! Not sure if they shoot it offhand or from a rest, but...impressive.

More later.

Sam
10-02-13, 09:28
Your reactions mirror mine almost on all items. I'm not too concerned about the 2 round less than most full size magazines. After all the PPQ falls almost between the G19 and M&P in terms of physical dimensions. I have all three of the guns and find that PPQ definitely more comfortable than the M&P, that says a lot. The M&P used to feel the best in my hand and the G19 being the most blocky. The stock PPQ trigger feels better than any Glock factory trigger. I'm satisfied with the trigger and can shoot it equally as accurate and as fast as my APEX internal M&P.

As for carrying, the PPQ is becoming my favorite plastic full size gun, over the M&P. Although they're almost the same size, the PPQ feels "thinner" and rides better in my Comp Tac MTAC IWB. Ordered a Trijicon tritium front sight for it.

The grip is goofy but very comfortable. It looks like a mangled up Highpoint, except with class :). With small hands, I prefer the small grip insert.

OrignalRECIPE73
10-02-13, 09:50
I've sold a few of these handguns but didn't get the chance to fire one until one of my customers was at our range one day and let me have it for a magazine. Overall I was pretty impressed by it. The reset is fantastic for a stock striker fire and the grip is easily on par (or better) with a P30 as far as comfort and ergonomics go. Runs smooth and is an accurate little bugger. AND the big kicker is the M2 has a button mag release!! :D Personally I can't stand european style mag releases. Overall a well rounded pistol for a 9mm, making me question my M11-A1 purchase (just a little) ;) Just wish we had a few more of them as they usually fly off the display cases haha!

~Skeeter

ptmccain
10-02-13, 09:51
Thanks, your comment "the grip is goofy" made me laugh out loud because that was precisely why I never bothered to consider them, I just thought they looked too stupid. Last night I was looking at how the grip rests in my hand and realized they knew precisely what htey were doing when they designed it that way. It fits the natural shape of the palm of the human hand. Pretty remarkable actually.

I appreciate your remarks about the M&P. I've not shot one or even handled one before, but have heard good things about them, but have never been inclined to buy one and try it out.

Totally agree re. the trigger over Glock, no question about it on that count. I was a little surprised at much pre-travel there is on it though and it appears there is no way to reduce that. The reset is crazy short. Can't wait to blaze away with it.

Your reactions mirror mine almost on all items. I'm not too concerned about the 2 round less than most full size magazines. After all the PPQ falls almost between the G19 and M&P in terms of physical dimensions. I have all three of the guns and find that PPQ definitely more comfortable than the M&P, that says a lot. The M&P used to feel the best in my hand and the G19 being the most blocky. The stock PPQ trigger feels better than any Glock factory trigger. I'm satisfied with the trigger and can shoot it equally as accurate and as fast as my APEX internal M&P.

As for carrying, the PPQ is becoming my favorite plastic full size gun, over the M&P. Although they're almost the same size, the PPQ feels "thinner" and rides better in my Comp Tac MTAC IWB. Ordered a Trijicon tritium front sight for it.

The grip is goofy but very comfortable. It looks like a mangled up Highpoint, except with class :). With small hands, I prefer the small grip insert.

ptmccain
10-02-13, 09:58
making me question my M11-A1 purchase (just a little)

~Skeeter

HERESY!!!! Prepare to be burned at the stake!

Off topic, but over the weekend I got to handle a former SF operator's "work gun" his 1911 that he had modified the trigger down to a .5 lb trigger. It was crazy. The reset was equally crazy.

His comment was, "What's the big deal? When I wanted to shoot somebody, I shot somebody, and when I didn't, I kept my finger off the trigger."

:D

whiterabbit05
10-02-13, 10:29
Do you find that your thumb hits the magazine release when gripping the gun one-handed?

MiamiCracker
10-02-13, 10:41
If you shoot without gloves I would recommend getting some Talon grips. IME with the PPQ its hard to hold on to with sweaty hands.

youreacrab
10-02-13, 13:51
Just picked up my Walther PPQ M2 last night and could not stop holding it and dry firing it.

Wow....I'm blown away by the ergonomics and trigger on this handgun. Stupid detail, but even the case it comes in is notably higher quality than just about any handgun I've purchased.

The stock trigger is really amazing, far superior to any other striker action I've ever shot before. The reset point is nothing short of phenomenal, *almost* reminds me of a finely tuned 1911 trigger, in terms of reset.

The take up is in two stages and the break is very crisp. My Glock 34 is better, but that's after sinking a $150 Z-tech trigger in it.

The size is really nice as well, it reminds me of a Glock 19.

The handgrip looks goofy as all get-out but it fits the hand like a glove. I'm going to experiment with the different grip pieces that come with it.

Only disappointment is that it only comes with two 15 round magazines. I'm thinking of getting several 17 round mags for it.

I'm so impressed with the Walther PPQ I'm seriously considering using it as my EDC and getting rid of my Glock 26.

We shall see. More later.

what are your thoughts on recoil? i thought it recoiled more than most plastic 9s i've shot, but i haven't shot too many rounds through one.

Ranger325
10-02-13, 14:06
Congrats - I picked my M1 last winter. I put it thru the paces at a 3 day LAV class this summer and it performed flawlessly. Being an old 1911 guy, I had to learn the lesson of proper thumb placement as I was often riding the slide release and it was not locking back on the last round. No biggie.

There has been lots of talk about PPQ sights especially the introduction of the new 10-8's. I ordered a set of Trijicon nites after the class (before Hilton released his) and I am very happy with them. Some folks report the gun shooting high with the Trij, but mine is consistantly shooting POA.

Enjoy (will there be a ptmccain video in the future?? :D)

Texaspoff
10-02-13, 15:00
The PPQ does have a bit more recoil than most other pistols out there. It not horrible by any means and after about two magazines, you won't notice it. What you will notice is how all 15 rounds will just about go into the same hole with the Q. It's is extremely easy to shoot well with it.

I have been so impressed with the PPQ that it has replaced my G19 as my off duty carry. As soon as my Safariland ALS holsters arrives, it will begin its rotation as a duty weapon as well.

TXPO

CFII
10-02-13, 15:09
The PPQ is easily my favorite 9mm striker pistol. It's so easy to shoot well. It's been 100% reliable with anything and everything.

fourXfour
10-02-13, 15:54
I am glad to see some M2 reviews coming out. This is one gun that I really want. Once a VG2 or INCOG is available for it I may have to pick one up.

mrvip27
10-02-13, 16:01
Love mine! :) Great choice!

Blak1508
10-02-13, 20:05
I have a PPQ paddle release edition ? I have no idea what they are called. Anyway I have about 10,000 rounds through it and I am not bullshitting when I say I have not had an issue that was not caused on purpose or due to my hand riding the slide lock. It is an amazing HG, now I only wish I could find a set of sights that I love for it. I am still waiting for the Trijicon HDs or Ameriglo Hacks. This is my go to gun. I am not suprised by the following results but I was at the range a few weeks ago and I took my neighbor. He brought his new LC9 ( which I told him not to get for the money he spent on it he could have done way better). I bought my PPQ and my M&P shield 9mm. Just for shits I ran a drill shooting 2-2-2 repeat. By the time I was done the drill the LC9 felt like a 40 the shield like a 9mm and the PPQ felt like a 22. I know this has so much to do with the weight but besides that going from a long mushy trigger to the OK trigger of the Shield then to the superb trigger of the PPQ was great. Accuracy wise, I had no idea what I was aiming at with the LC9 I assume I was hitting paper, the Shield I shot POA but a half inch left at 10 yards, the Q was like a tack driver. That gun makes me into a better shooter than I really am.

OP what holster are you rocking?

Sam
10-02-13, 20:16
I have a PPQ paddle release edition ? I have no idea what they are called. .

OP what holster are you rocking?

The paddle magazine release guns are called PPQ. The ones with the button release are called PPQ M2.

I'm not the original poster but FYI if you don't have a PPQ holster at the moment, a holster for any Smith & Wesson M&P will work temporarily. A leather holster for the M&P will fit almost perfect. A kydex will be a hair loose but it will not interfere with the trigger or magazine release.

Blak1508
10-02-13, 20:23
Yeah I just know some refer to them as the M1, some call it the classic, others and usually myself just say the PPQ.

^ correct on the holsters, when I first got the PPQ holsters for it were non existent so I went that route and it worked as stated I have managed to find some good IWB holsters for the Q, I am now using the Comtac Infidel deluxe, it is the one with a flat of leather. I also like the N82tactical original. For OWB I use a Blade tech Eclipse and that is probably one of the most comfortable holster I own and it hugs very close for concealment. I have a Raven on order and have heard great things about them but I cannot comment on their Q holsters. I know some people were having issues with fit between the PPQ and the M2 so before making that decision I would specify

Sam
10-02-13, 20:37
Presently, I'm carrying the PPQ in a Comp Tac MTAC hybrid holster. I never thought I would use one of those half leather/half kydex thing. But a friend of mine let me try his and I ordered one the next day.

jerrysimons
10-02-13, 21:41
'Love the Q!
The original is like the HK that HK refuses to make. Utterly reliable, ragged hole accurate, refined, ergonomic, AND with the nicest striker fire trigger you can find.

Cashflow
10-03-13, 02:01
I had been wanting one for a while and then a friend of mine won one in a raffle. We went out and shot it the next day and I found I can shoot it as well as I can my Wilson Protector. Absolutely love the trigger and how the grip just melts in my hand. I will have one as soon as I scrape up some bucks.

Hmac
10-03-13, 06:37
I have over 5000 rounds through mine without a single hiccup. Still a joy to shoot. I picked up some rebuild parts "just in case" but I'm trying to find another one . Might have to wait until after the first of the year when they will supposedly start importing the PPQ version again.

Sam
10-03-13, 16:27
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=114765

In my post above, I ran an informal, non scientific bubba comparison between the Glock 19, M&P and PPQ.

Jwalker
10-03-13, 21:42
I was so enthused about the PPQ M2 that I found in a local gun store that I paid near retail for it. I'd previously ordered a G19 Gen4 and figured with the backlog I wouldn't get it for months, but they showed up within a week of each other.

Today I shot both and the PPQ was much more accurate for me, but I think it was strictly the trigger difference.

I also find the grip slips around a little when sweaty. I'm thinking some traction tape down near the heel of the hand.

I'm still not sure I want to carry anything this big, though...

LoveAR
10-03-13, 21:55
This thread is a PPQ Lovefest.

Mercaptan
10-03-13, 23:24

They are pretty decent, if they work.

I bought a PPQ Navy M2 a few months back, and had loads of failures.

Basically, for the first 250 rounds fired, I had 25 failures, about 40% failure to feed (1/4-1/2" OOB) with the other 60% failure to fire (only one had a light primer strike, the others had no indication on the primer). It actually had more problems with my 147gr +P JHP HST loads than 124gr ball, go figure.

Sent it in, received it back after 2 weeks of service (that was nice). They tweaked the extractor (no other info available), gave me a P99 firing pin block, and may have replaced the striker spring assembly. I have yet to test it out again, but will do so this weekend.

I feel truly special to have gotten a lame duck. :laugh:

Phillygunguy
10-04-13, 12:28
I love my ppq m2 it may be my EDC.But just like glock its got crappy sights I just ordered some night sights from Dawson waiting to be installed overall the ppq rocks

Blak1508
10-04-13, 12:40

Awesome contribution brother. People love what works the Q just works. The issues I have heard about happened with 40 and they seem to be few and far between. Anything can have issues and they usually do, but when a $520 plastic handgun runs for 10k flawless rounds, yeah I pretty much love it.

Sam
10-04-13, 21:10
I took a chance and ordered a front tritium sight by Trijicon from Opticsplanet this week. It appeared to be the same height as the factory white dot front sight. I prefer only front tritium so this should work fine. Need to test fire it soon.

Blak1508
10-04-13, 23:04
Is it the standard Trijicon front sight? I have the set if so, at first I did not like them, I found them a tad high, but now they have grown on me. I really like them now and I was wondering how they would work with the likes of an osprey, ( if you could see over the suppressor or not. My stamp should be here by the end of the month so I need to start thinking about that).

Not like it some huge acklompishmenst but today I went to the range to sight in a new T-1 and mount and Magpul Pros, and with 10 minutes left in the day I fired a few mags down range at 50 yards with my Q, I hit paper 1 out of every 5 but again it was just for personal laughs, non the less it made me smile. The paper I used was the cardboard in back of 100 yard sight in targets. No such grouping though lol.;)

Sam
10-05-13, 06:31
Yes it is the standard Trijicon for the P99, catalog number WP01-F.

HES
10-05-13, 10:30

What's not to love? No pistol is absolutely perfect and some will slip by QA. Having said that the number that do slip by is small.

youngAR
10-05-13, 10:39
I'm joining the ppq love dang it. Ordered mine through Buds yesterday. Hopefully I can find some holsters for it. If so, after some testing, it'll make it's way to the top of my duty gun list.

Hmac
10-05-13, 14:51
What's the holster problem? What are you looking for? Duty, IWB, OWB, Comp?

Pilot1
10-05-13, 15:22
I've heard (read) the triggers on the PPQ are really nice. Is this true?

ptmccain
10-05-13, 15:44
No, they are horrible.

;)

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

Arik
10-05-13, 16:17
Hows the mag situation with the PPQ? Im heavily invested in Glock and HK but the PPQ grip and trigger are making me rethink and wonder if I should dump HK or Glock

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Sam
10-05-13, 16:42
At this time, extra FACTORY magazines are expensive and hard to find. But that's the same for all manufacturers (except for Glock). Magnum Research Baby Eagle Fast Action magazines are identical and can occasionally be found for around $35. They're great substitute for Walther magazines.

ptmccain
10-05-13, 17:38
I picked up three 17 round magazines from Kentucky Gun Company last week

Hmac
10-05-13, 17:53
Hows the mag situation with the PPQ? Im heavily invested in Glock and HK but the PPQ grip and trigger are making me rethink and wonder if I should dump HK or Glock

They're becoming significantly more available. I note that Midway even has my PPQ M1 mags in stock. And at $40, compared to the $54 I was paying before. And I've seen various places selling M2 mags for as little as $29.

I also see that Midway is clearing out the MR9 mags at $22 each (only work in the PPQ M1). I wonder if that means the Magnum Research MR 9 is going to the button release. If that happens, that will bring a LOT of PPQ magazines to the table.

Walther Arms is slowly but surely ramping up. And I note an increasing number of sighting systems available as well as holsters. Of course, Walther and Walther Arms are hampered by their utter cluelessness about selling pistols in the US market, but they're making progress.

HES
10-05-13, 21:23
I've heard (read) the triggers on the PPQ are really nice. Is this true?
No. Lies. All Lies. They suck. Absolutely horrible. ;)

The flood gates finally opened in August and doesn't seem to be a problem today. Expect to pay between $32 and $40 for the 15 round mags.

youngAR
10-05-13, 23:59
What's the holster problem? What are you looking for? Duty, IWB, OWB, Comp?

Duty. Looks as though Blade Tech makes one. But I prefer Safariland.

Texaspoff
10-06-13, 01:04
I have been picking up 15 rounders for the M2 here locally for around 35-40 bucks. Haven't seen any 17's around here, but I can get them from my distributor. They have a flat shipping that doesn't make it worth while unless I was going to order 10 or more of them. :)

As far as duty holsters, Safariland makes the ALS 6280 and 6360 holsters for the P99Q/PPQ M1. I have been back and forth with them on the revision for it to fit the PPQM2. FWIW, If your handy tools, you can make the 6360 fit the M2 very easily, thats what I did initiallty.
I spoke with them about the fitment issues, and see if they had plans for the M2 version. I sent mine back at their request and I am waiting for the revised version. I should know something first of next week. If nothing else, I'm going to get the original one back and start carrying it on duty. I have been carrying it off duty for a while and can't think of anything I would give it up for.

TXPO

skatz11
10-06-13, 06:16
I found mags in stock at Kentucky Gun Company.

I have an M1, but I think they had M2 mags as well.

youngAR
10-06-13, 15:44
As far as duty holsters, Safariland makes the ALS 6280 and 6360 holsters for the P99Q/PPQ M1. I have been back and forth with them on the revision for it to fit the PPQM2. FWIW, If your handy tools, you can make the 6360 fit the M2 very easily, thats what I did initiallty.
I spoke with them about the fitment issues, and see if they had plans for the M2 version. I sent mine back at their request and I am waiting for the revised version. I should know something first of next week. If nothing else, I'm going to get the original one back and start carrying it on duty. I have been carrying it off duty for a while and can't think of anything I would give it up for.
TXPO

Do you have the part #s for the Safarilands? If you could, please update the status of them when you've found something out.

LoveAR
10-06-13, 21:05
Awesome contribution brother. People love what works the Q just works. The issues I have heard about happened with 40 and they seem to be few and far between. Anything can have issues and they usually do, but when a $520 plastic handgun runs for 10k flawless rounds, yeah I pretty much love it.

Thanks brother. Very happy that the PPQs are working so well. Definitely a breath of fresh air.

Aries144
10-07-13, 05:22
[QUOTE=Blak1508;1763941]( if you could see over the suppressor or not. My stamp should be here by the end of the month so I need to start thinking about that).

I have those very sights and they don't see over an Osprey, unfortunately. The can is JUST taller than the front sight. It's not hard to "look through" the can, but you have to do this up and down dance looking at the target and then raising the sights into position where you last saw the target. I could shoot a coke can at 15 yards, and bullseye shooting would be slower and less precise.

I found my PPQ was loud enough to make my ears ring- much louder than my friends Glock 17. I also caught a bunch of grit in the face when firing the PPQ compared to the Glock. I used American Eagle 147gr. I've wondered since if the PPQ would quiet down with a stiffer recoil spring.

Psalms144.1
10-07-13, 08:54
I REALLY wish my agency would approve the Walther for personal carry. I mean, seriously, we can carry Ruger and Taurus, but not Walther or FN?

Sigh...

ptmccain
10-07-13, 09:01
Taurus? Yikes

Texaspoff
10-07-13, 15:07
Do you have the part #s for the Safarilands? If you could, please update the status of them when you've found something out.

6360-384-XXX or 6280-384-XXX

XXX=whatever finish code you want, IE plain black #62, stx tactical #132, basket weave #82, gloss black #92.

Haven't heard back from them yet if the revision has been completed or not, but those numbers are for the original P99Q/PPQ holsters.

here is a picture of my first one. Again the fit was extremely close, and it would go all the way in and lock with a little pressure. I relieved the trigger guard area and it went right in like my other ALS holsters.

TXPO
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff295/Texaspoff/photo-11_zps7cd40a02.jpg

Psalms144.1
10-07-13, 16:04
Taurus? YikesDon't get me started...

youngAR
10-07-13, 22:22
6360-384-XXX or 6280-384-XXX

XXX=whatever finish code you want, IE plain black #62, stx tactical #132, basket weave #82, gloss black #92.

Haven't heard back from them yet if the revision has been completed or not, but those numbers are for the original P99Q/PPQ holsters.

here is a picture of my first one. Again the fit was extremely close, and it would go all the way in and lock with a little pressure. I relieved the trigger guard area and it went right in like my other ALS holsters.

TXPO
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff295/Texaspoff/photo-11_zps7cd40a02.jpg

Thank you. Safariland was adimant in that the ppq wouldn't fit in any holster they had.

DanTSX
10-08-13, 20:21
Neat gun.

I got to shoot one wayyy back, before the M1 was on the shelves. Liked everything but the recoil, mag release, and the sights. It looks like mag release and sights are mostly addressed. Recoil would probably still be an issue, but was probably due to being new to the gun and not sure how exactly to hold it and follow through with it yet. Only remaining concern would be parts and support for Walther USA. While the importer looks squared away, I have to say that I would had been more comfortable with mother S&W still in the office for making sure that anything that I would be taken care of.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
10-09-13, 02:42
Thank you. Safariland was adimant in that the ppq wouldn't fit in any holster they had.

Safariland, for liability reasons, will not admit to their holsters fitting any guns they werent meant for. Its kind of annoying.

Hmac
10-12-13, 23:10
Interesting video of various Greek special forces units testing the PPQ Navy.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sJaJmNPJpf8

Itzik
10-14-13, 19:47
Hi everybody, I am new to this forum but as I said in my first post on the M&P Shield I have many years of experience with various fire arms.
I bought sometime ago a Walther PPQ and could not get used to the mag release in the trigger guard so I sold it, now that they came out with the PPQ M2 I could not help myself and got one a few days ago.
Considering that I have carried Glock's in 9mm, 40 and 45 for the last 20+ years and one of my favorite guns also being the Sig 229 Extreme Elite that I own and love but find a little too heavy, I have fallen in love with my Walther PPQ M2 and after shooting 400 + rounds from it I have made it my EDC.
Now consider that I carry 24/7/365 even at home and I am comfortable with it, says something about how much I like this gun.
I have ordered Meprolight night sights from Midway and they should complete my gun as I like it, also I have an Eclipse Holster from Blade Tec and two spare mag carriers which also work great.
Now am I going to get rid of my G19 and 26? or my Sig 229?
Of course not I have too much invested in them and still like them and shoot them very well.;)

Itzik
10-14-13, 21:00
I am wondering has anyone here measured the trigger pull on the Walther PPQ? Well I have and mine measured a hair above 4 pounds which I say is very light, now it does not bother me as I used to carry 1911's for many years before the Glock's but for an inexperienced shooter this might be a tad light.

Hmac
10-14-13, 21:05
I am wondering has anyone here measured the trigger pull on the Walther PPQ? Well I have and mine measured a hair above 4 pounds which I say is very light, now it does not bother me as I used to carry 1911's for many years before the Glock's but for an inexperienced shooter this might be a tad light.

When my PPQ was new, I checked the trigger pull with a Lyman electronic gauge after ~50 dry fire pulls. It was 5lb 7 oz. That's compared to my G19 (with LW 3.5 connector) which measured at 5lb 9 oz.

After I had a little under 2000 rounds through it I rechecked the pull. Ten pulls and the average was 4lb 11oz. That's about where it is today after about 6000 rounds.

Itzik
10-14-13, 21:37
When my PPQ was new, I checked the trigger pull with a Lyman electronic gauge after ~50 dry fire pulls. It was 5lb 7 oz. That's compared to my G19 (with LW 3.5 connector) which measured at 5lb 9 oz.

After I had a little under 2000 rounds through it I rechecked the pull. Ten pulls and the average was 4lb 11oz. That's about where it is today after about 6000 rounds.

Thanks believe me I was very surprised when my trigger pull came very close to 4 pounds, I suspected it was very close to that but surprised anyhow. I have over 400 rounds through the gun.

Itzik
10-15-13, 20:26
I put 100 more rounds of FMJ PMC down range and I can say that if I did my job the gun would put all 100 into a 2 inch circle from 7 yards. but of course I got bored with the consistency and after a while I blew a few out side that circle I am sad to say.
Now I have close to 500 rounds through the gun in less then a week and I had zero malfunctions of any kind.:D

Hmac
10-15-13, 23:32
I put 100 more rounds of FMJ PMC down range and I can say that if I did my job the gun would put all 100 into a 2 inch circle from 7 yards. but of course I got bored with the consistency and after a while I blew a few out side that circle I am sad to say.
Now I have close to 500 rounds through the gun in less then a week and I had zero malfunctions of any kind.:D

I haven't had a malfunction in almost 6000 rounds, shooting almost entirely PMC Bronze, and using 14 different Magnum Research and Walther magazines. Certainly not a torture test, but acceptable performance to me.

Itzik
10-16-13, 00:49
I haven't had a malfunction in almost 6000 rounds, shooting almost entirely PMC Bronze, and using 14 different Magnum Research and Walther magazines. Certainly not a torture test, but acceptable performance to me.

Thanks you are making me feel a lot better about my PPQ M2, BTW I have a dear friend that got into a gun fight in a foreign country had to defend himself and came on top, his favorite gun is the Walther P99 which he has thousands of rounds through his.
I don't think magnum Research is making mag's for the PPQ M2.

HES
10-17-13, 00:08
I don't think magnum Research is making mag's for the PPQ M2.

Correct. Remember the MR mags are a stop gap solution, not expressly made for the PPQ, but able to be used in the PPQ

Hmac
10-17-13, 03:23
Correct. Remember the MR mags are a stop gap solution, not expressly made for the PPQ, but able to be used in the PPQ

Maybe not expressly made, but identical in every way except for the dry film, the grey follower, label on the butt plate . Made by the same company (Mec-Gar) on the same line, to the exact specs.

bzdog
10-17-13, 08:43
Maybe not expressly made, but identical in every way except for the dry film, the grey follower, label on the butt plate . Made by the same company (Mec-Gar) on the same line, to the exact specs.

+1.

Just make sure you get all the glue off from those annoying stickers they ship with.

I break them down, clean the residue with mineral oil, wash them with dish detergent, dry, wipe down with silicone cloth and reassemble before use.

-john

Itzik
10-17-13, 13:21
+1.

Just make sure you get all the glue off from those annoying stickers they ship with.

I break them down, clean the residue with mineral oil, wash them with dish detergent, dry, wipe down with silicone cloth and reassemble before use.

-john

+2

I bought two mag's from MR when I first bought the PPQ that I sold since and replaced with the PPQ M2, them mag's didn't fall free either it was because of a different finish on them that seemed thicker but very good looking.

I can live with a backup mag that doesn't fall free if I am carrying only one as backup, but not with a first mag in the gun that doesn't fall free.

bzdog
10-17-13, 19:55
+2

I bought two mag's from MR when I first bought the PPQ that I sold since and replaced with the PPQ M2, them mag's didn't fall free either it was because of a different finish on them that seemed thicker but very good looking.

I can live with a backup mag that doesn't fall free if I am carrying only one as backup, but not with a first mag in the gun that doesn't fall free.

FWIW, I have 10 or more of these mags and they all fall free no problem. Not sure it is because of my sticker cleaning ritual, but it could be.

-john

Itzik
10-17-13, 20:26
FWIW, I have 10 or more of these mags and they all fall free no problem. Not sure it is because of my sticker cleaning ritual, but it could be.

-john

When loaded or when empty? Mine did fall free when loaded but stuck half in there when empty. The PPQ mag's had zero problems falling free loaded or empty. Maybe they fixed the problem.

bzdog
10-17-13, 20:44
When loaded or when empty? Mine did fall free when loaded but stuck half in there when empty. The PPQ mag's had zero problems falling free loaded or empty. Maybe they fixed the problem.

They all fall free when empty.

-john

Itzik
10-17-13, 21:52
They all fall free when empty.

-john

Thanks but it makes no difference to me as I don't own the older generation PPQ anymore. I own the new PPQ M2 and the old mag's don't work in the new gun.
I wish they would reduce the price of the new mag's but I am not holding my breath.

Itzik
10-18-13, 19:01
A little update on my PPQ M2, I ordered Night Sights by Meprolight from Midway USA and received them in 5 days total with shipping $105.00.

Went to my range and they installed them for free. BTW the sights are the same ones that fit the Walther P99 and P99 C and they are windage adjustable.

The Trijicon's were twenty dollars more but I like Mep's.

The range that I am a life member is the West Coast Armory in Bellevue Washington and is considered one of the top indoor ranges in the country.

If you live around here it is worth visiting.

Sam
10-20-13, 16:49
Yes it is the standard Trijicon for the P99, catalog number WP01-F.

Finally had time to shoot the gun with the new Trijicon front sight at the indoor range. At 7 yards it was dead on point of aim.

Itzik
10-20-13, 17:55
I shot mine also with my new Mep's and the gun was dead on from 7 yards and 10 yards shooting off hand. I like the gun more and more.:smile:

Hmac
10-20-13, 18:02

Amazing. The mags are identical, spec-wise. The Magnum Research 9mm Eagle is built on a PPQ lower imported from Walther. The mags for both are made on the same Mec-Gar line as the Walther-labeled mags. My guess that it's either a one-off mfgr defect, or there's still some orange sticker residue on the mag.

Itzik
10-20-13, 18:11
Amazing. The mags are identical, spec-wise. The Magnum Research 9mm Eagle is built on a PPQ lower imported from Walther. The mags for both are made on the same Mec-Gar line as the Walther-labeled mags. My guess that it's either a one-off mfgr defect, or there's still some orange sticker residue on the mag.

Could very well have been the case, strange isn't it?