PDA

View Full Version : KKM vs Wilson Combat Barrels

mildot
10-10-13, 18:06
Would it be fair to say that one doesn't really have anything over the other? I'm wondering if owners can let me know which required more fitting? maybe better accuracy? Thanks

SPDGG
10-11-13, 14:38
imho:

If you are referring to drop in barrels, both are great.
I'd say they are best used for reloaders using lead bullets.

Again imho: A Semi Fit or Full Gunsmith Fit barrel is the way to go if you want the most out of your handgun. A lot more benefit to a fitted barrel vs drop in, if its done right. Some Pros that come to mind: Accuracy, Lock Up, Firmer/Smoother trigger pull [Glock] as the taller lug eliminates the slide slop rise from the trigger bar; tighter chamber; etc.

Most barrels <15 yards will group well, but its past this point that a Quality Fitted Match Barrel shines.

Reliability, havent seen a differ between the factory and fitted match barrels. As long as the gun is maintained runs tip top.

Not sure which platform you have in mind, but if its a M&P or Glock: Contact Grant @ GandRTactical, He probably has Storm Match Barrels in stock and can fit it up for you.

10-11-13, 15:03
I have KKM's in a G19 and a G17. Neither required any work. That being said, I have personally talked with several former Delta's(while at TigerSwan training) that all used Wilson. They were gun guys, shot a shitload, and were very, very good shots.

brianc142
10-12-13, 02:48
The unit you mention also uses KKM barrels. I have seen more than a few in their G22's and G19's.