PDA

View Full Version : Any kydex workers in here from DFW?

Medic218
10-10-13, 23:06
I'm in the need for something kind of custom and I don't want to be charged out the wazoo for it.
I just don't feel that a Raven holster is worth 85.00, especially with a 16 week lead time.

What I want is a Raven type OWB kydex holster and a triple mag holder for a Walther PPS. Would like both to be high-ride.

I haven't looked too hard but if I can find somewhere in DFW that sells the items needed I might try making my own.
Until then...who's got the tools, know how and willingness to help?

Guns-up.50
10-10-13, 23:13
Pm sent

youngAR
10-11-13, 01:02
I'd like to know as well.

yellow50
10-11-13, 01:17
knifekits.com sells the materials. You can check youtube and find lots of instruction on DIY holsters. And if i remember, someone posted on here a pretty good kydex instructional. That being said, if you are only going o make one or two holsters, in the long run it will be cheaper to just buy a finished holster (tools, materials etc).

Urban_Redneck
10-12-13, 10:49
I'm not sure what's most important, cheap, fast, or local.

I have a couple holsters from RKBA Holsters. Stephen is reasonably fast, fairly priced, and willing to ship. He is also easy to work with and lists the PPS on his site.

YMMV

signal4l
10-12-13, 11:01
A co worker of mine has a few holsters from this maker and has had excellent results. They are not local to Dallas, though

http://shop.zeroconcealmentsystems.com/

Medic218
10-12-13, 22:50
knifekits.com sells the materials. You can check youtube and find lots of instruction on DIY holsters. And if i remember, someone posted on here a pretty good kydex instructional. That being said, if you are only going o make one or two holsters, in the long run it will be cheaper to just buy a finished holster (tools, materials etc).
Yeah, I'm narrowing down supplies. I think I can get a lot of use out of my Dremel if I buy the work station that will double as a drill press.

I'm not sure what's most important, cheap, fast, or local.

I have a couple holsters from RKBA Holsters. Stephen is reasonably fast, fairly priced, and willing to ship. He is also easy to work with and lists the PPS on his site.

YMMV
Thanks, I"ll give them a look.

A co worker of mine has a few holsters from this maker and has had excellent results. They are not local to Dallas, though

http://shop.zeroconcealmentsystems.com/
Dude....I found the Hideous Mini and went back to order a few days later and it's no longer on the site.
I e-mailed them and they said they are in the process of rebuilding/designing their site and it should be back up on the 16th.
I hope so, because for 35.00, you can't beat that price point.

Nav195
10-12-13, 23:03
Not in Texas but does good work. Less wait time. https://www.facebook.com/pages/TSI-Corps/581012918592854

signal4l
10-13-13, 08:41
Yeah, I'm narrowing down supplies. I think I can get a lot of use out of my Dremel if I buy the work station that will double as a drill press.

Thanks, I"ll give them a look.

Dude....I found the Hideous Mini and went back to order a few days later and it's no longer on the site.
I e-mailed them and they said they are in the process of rebuilding/designing their site and it should be back up on the 16th.
I hope so, because for 35.00, you can't beat that price point.

Thats what my friend has been using. He has had good results.