PDA

View Full Version : Canik 55 CZ clone

williejc
10-13-13, 02:35
Recently I put a Wolff 18 lb extra power spring in my compact clone because with the original spring(unknown weight)brass ejected 12-15 feet from the pistol, but now this distance has been reduced to about 6-7 feet. Felt recoil is also a tad softer. My opinion is that it would function ok with a 20 lb spring but won't try one. Ammo was cheap Wally.

The extractor spring is terrifically strong, and I wonder if this fact has any effect on ejection force.

I like the clone but do understand if I were to need parts, I likely would be unable to purchase them from the importer so in this sense I may have a throw-a-way pistol. I knew this up front and took the chance because of price--$300 out the door.

The throw-a-way aspect should be considered by future purchasers. It doesn't affect me much. I have several duty pistols and don't shoot much anymore because of age and health.

I haven't verified parts unavailability but have read that TriStar's policy is not to sell parts to a non gunsmith and then I read a statement attributed to them that the owner wouldn't need parts anyway...

ezveedub
10-13-13, 03:24
Check out Cajun Gun Works. They have several parts for Caniks and some CZ parts can be used. I have the S-120 and Shark FC now with CGW reduced SA spring kits installed.