PDA

View Full Version : Ameriglo CAP front sight crapped out on me today...

Voodoo_Man
10-21-13, 15:10
I have about 1000 through the gun with these sights. This was definitely NOT user error in installing. I have installed dozens of sights, never had this issue. Started shooting was hitting way left than I normally do, moved rears over and it didn't help. Figured I might as well see if the front sight is loose, turned the screw to loosen it and this happened. Kind of disappointing as these are relatively new sights (for me). Sent an email to Ameriglo to see if I can get it warrantied, this is the second front sight I need warranting of.

http://i.imgur.com/4gRPqKt.jpg

Javelin
10-21-13, 16:02
I have about 1000 through the gun with these sights. This was definitely NOT user error in installing. I have installed dozens of sights, never had this issue. Started shooting was hitting way left than I normally do, moved rears over and it didn't help. Figured I might as well see if the front sight is loose, turned the screw to loosen it and this happened. Kind of disappointing as these are relatively new sights (for me). Sent an email to Ameriglo to see if I can get it warrantied, this is the second front sight I need warranting of.

http://i.imgur.com/4gRPqKt.jpg

That looks terrible. I like Ameriglows. Maybe call them?

Voodoo_Man
10-21-13, 16:28
That looks terrible. I like Ameriglows. Maybe call them?

I sent them an email.

If I don't hear anything back in a few days I'll give them a buzz.

I'd hate to have to give them a poor performance review since they did take care of one issue I had before.

Airhasz
10-21-13, 16:36
Gets to be a hassle when you get back to back failures, I hope they take care of you. What failed on the first front sight?

Voodoo_Man
10-21-13, 16:45
Gets to be a hassle when you get back to back failures, I hope they take care of you. What failed on the first front sight?

The orange part of the Pro-I dot fell out.

http://i.imgur.com/xz3bGPz.jpg

CoryCop25
10-21-13, 16:59
Voodoo, if you don't hear from anyone within the next 24 hours, PM me and I will call Rick directly. I am sure Ameriglo will fix this issue immediately.

Voodoo_Man
10-21-13, 17:20
Voodoo, if you don't hear from anyone within the next 24 hours, PM me and I will call Rick directly. I am sure Ameriglo will fix this issue immediately.

I literally got an email five mins back from him.

I'll be sending them out tomorrow.

SiGfever
10-21-13, 19:50
My customer service from Ameriglo has been outstanding. They were fast to answer me and went WAYYYY over the top to remedy my situation. I have the ProGlo front with yellow Pro Operator rear on my G19 which I like a lot, and just ordered the Pro I-Dot Lime/outline for my G26. GREAT company!

Voodoo_Man
10-21-13, 19:57
My customer service from Ameriglo has been outstanding. They were fast to answer me and went WAYYYY over the top to remedy my situation. I have the ProGlo front with yellow Pro Operator rear on my G19 which I like a lot, and just ordered the Pro I-Dot Lime/outline for my G26. GREAT company!

I have two sets of Pro-I dots w/ operator rears.

I love those sights, they work really well, I tried the CAP on a whim, I probably won't be running them again.

mattg1024
10-22-13, 09:28
The orange part of the Pro-I dot fell out.

http://i.imgur.com/xz3bGPz.jpg

Just sent back a front sight for this happening to me. Pretty common I've heard.

CoryCop25
10-22-13, 09:38
Just sent back a front sight for this happening to me. Pretty common I've heard.

This problem has been brought up in other threads. What happened was Amreiglo had coated their sights with a dry lube after finishing. Somewhere between prepping and painting, this run of front sights did not have the dry lube removed and the paint did not cure correctly. The issue has been fixed and you guys are getting the sights that made it through to the consumer. I am confident that Ameriglo will quickly remedy this for you.

brushy bill
10-22-13, 21:39
This problem has been brought up in other threads. What happened was Amreiglo had coated their sights with a dry lube after finishing. Somewhere between prepping and painting, this run of front sights did not have the dry lube removed and the paint did not cure correctly. The issue has been fixed and you guys are getting the sights that made it through to the consumer. I am confident that Ameriglo will quickly remedy this for you.

CoryCop, Is this confined to the CAP sight or others as well? How do you ensure you don't get one of the affected sights?

Straight Shooter
10-23-13, 05:03
Hate to hear this. Im running those on my G21, and the lime photoluminious came factory on my G17. I love them, and so does everyone who shoos them.
GOOD to know they've got great c.s. if needed.

CoryCop25
10-23-13, 06:45
CoryCop, Is this confined to the CAP sight or others as well? How do you ensure you don't get one of the affected sights?

Unfortunately, it's going to be a hit or miss situation. The best route would be to buy directly from them. The gamble would be buying from a dealer that has older stock. Ameriglo takes care of their dealers so I don't want people to get the wrong impression that I am telling anyone to circumvent the dealer. Ask your dealer how old their stock is.
The truth of the matter is, Ameriglo will make it better no matter what so buy with confidence.

Voodoo_Man
10-23-13, 07:02
Unfortunately, it's going to be a hit or miss situation. The best route would be to buy directly from them. The gamble would be buying from a dealer that has older stock. Ameriglo takes care of their dealers so I don't want people to get the wrong impression that I am telling anyone to circumvent the dealer. Ask your dealer how old their stock is.
The truth of the matter is, Ameriglo will make it better no matter what so buy with confidence.

This is true, they have so far replaced the Pro-I without issue and I sent out the CAP front sight yesterday so I expect a replacement in a week or two.

I am, however, switching to triji's HD sights for my edc g19 that these CAP sights came off of. The POA/POI @ 25y is not what I want with the CAP sights and get adjustment is just a little too extreme for a pistol.

CoryCop25
10-23-13, 12:47
I personally an mot a fan of the Cap sight. My Go to combination is the Hack front with an iDot rear. Not a great long range performer but a great fast acquisition and close range sight.

Voodoo_Man
10-27-13, 13:53
So I got the replacement in on friday.

I do not believe I will put it back on my 19, I will probably sell it off.

Good service though.

SiGfever
10-27-13, 20:55
I just received and had installed a set of Lime outline front, Pro I-Dot sights for my G26. Time will tell how they do. If I had of realized the rear dot was so small having older eyes I might have made a different choice. I need to spend some time out back practicing with them.