PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Finding a Cheap $ Holster for 5" 1911 With Rail, Threaded

Jellybean
10-21-13, 23:55
Ok, so this is probably going to sound ridiculous but....
I'm getting an airsoft handgun to use as a training aid over the winter, since it can be shot indoors, as well as outdoors.
I would like to find a holster for it, but at the same time, since I have holsters for my other handguns I like just fine, it will be dedicated to this one gun, and since it's just an airsoft gun/trainer... well, you get the idea. The less spent the better, and yet after searching around today, I can't seem to find anything less that 40-50-something bucks, once shipping is factored in... :mad:

The model of gun is a (best guess) fullsize 5" 1911A1 style clone with a rail and a threaded barrel.

Holster needs:
-fit a 5" 1911 with rail and threaded barrel (open bottom is fine, if needed to compensate for threading).
-Have good retention for runing/rolling/etc. around the yard and house
-Still have a decent draw (ie, not so tight you can roll around but can't get it out) and not fit to crappily on a belt (wiggle/sag and such).
-Some adjustability- airsoft guns a never "true" 1:1, even though they say so, so holster must have a way to tighten/loosen the fit to compensate for this.
-Not absurdly expensive- I'm not going to bother putting an airsoft gun in a RCS or Milt Sparks or something.
At the same time, not so cheaply made it breaks the first time it gets laid on or drawn from- needs to be cheap, but indestructible.

At this point, it looks like I may just have to suck up the money side and get a G-code....:rolleyes:
I'd really rather not waste a nice holster like that on a trainer gun.
So what other options do I have here?

tom frost
10-22-13, 05:05
Why don't you just pick up an uncle mike's nylon holster? Cheap and family durable.

However, I would think that if you want premium performance, you'll need a premium product.....

walkin' trails
10-22-13, 06:58
You should be able to find a Blackhawk SERPA or Fobus for that price. I normally don't care for them, but for what you're describing it would work fine.

ggammell
10-22-13, 12:31
Safariland 6378 comes in several 1911 models. Can be had for around $40 usually. Big step up from SERPA.

policetested
10-23-13, 16:03
I'd opt for the SERPA; I know many folks bastardize them. I have been using one since it rolled off the molding press and I like them. The other option Blade Tech has an injection molded holster; its not bad see many folks using them locally for IDPA and USPSA.

dhrith
10-23-13, 17:34
I'm confused. Why aren't you training with a carry gun copy, which .....you would have a holster for.

The point is somewhat moot anyways.
.... Since everyone should have a 1911. ;p
Hence, I wouldn't worry about spending good money since it's only a matter of time anyways.

Abraham
10-24-13, 15:12
I don't know where you live, but in Texas, Academy Sporting Goods stores, sell a lot of low cost generic leather or nylon holsters that sell for $20.00 or less that fit a wide variety of hand guns. I wouldn't use them for EDC, but for plinking or training, sure...

I bought a perfect fit leather holster for my Buckmark for exactly $20.00 and it's quality is remarkably high for such low cost.

Jellybean
10-24-13, 22:47
I'm confused. Why aren't you training with a carry gun copy, which .....you would have a holster for.

Well, I'm trying to keep this in a certain budget bracket range, plus sometimes with airsoft, the guns are not always as realiable as in real life, and different gas operating types have their own sets of issues.
Of course anything I lay my hands on will self destruct within 5 minutes, so I don't know why I even bother trying to make a "good" choice...:p

The point is somewhat moot anyways.
.... Since everyone should have a 1911. ;p

Exactly! And since this is the only 1911 I will be able to afford for the forseeable future....:D