PDA

View Full Version : M&P POA shift with DCAEK

BoringGuy45
10-22-13, 20:47
I just put an Apex DCAEK in my M&P45. The trigger feels great; really smooth. However, I was noticing that when I dry fire it, it seems to shift the point of aim about a millimeter to the right. I'm going to call Apex tomorrow but I was just wondering if anyone else who used the DCAEK had this issue?

tom frost
10-23-13, 05:32
I just put an Apex DCAEK in my M&P45. The trigger feels great; really smooth. However, I was noticing that when I dry fire it, it seems to shift the point of aim about a millimeter to the right. I'm going to call Apex tomorrow but I was just wondering if anyone else who used the DCAEK had this issue?

Do you mean that the front sight post moves when you pull the trigger?

Breadman
10-23-13, 06:47
I have noticed the same thing while dry firing both Glocks and M&Ps. Both with stock trigger components and upgrades. It does not affect live fire performance. Go shoot.

Failure2Stop
10-23-13, 07:03
If the sight is moving as the striker falls, that is the gun telling you that your trigger finger placement and/or press is not optimal.

Breadman
10-23-13, 07:06
If the sight is moving as the striker falls, that is the gun telling you that your trigger finger placement and/or press is not optimal.

If I am understanding the OP correctly, and if his observation is the same as mine... it is not really that the site is moving. It is that the whole slide moves slightly sideways on the frame when the trigger breaks.

Failure2Stop
10-23-13, 07:11
If I am understanding the OP correctly, and if his observation is the same as mine... it is not really that the site is moving. It is that the whole slide moves slightly sideways on the frame when the trigger breaks.

I would very much like to see video of that.

I've got about a half million dry-fire shots with various pistols, and I have yet to see any modern pistol that shows slide movement during striker/hammer fall. That little "twitch" left or right is what happens when the trigger breaks with offset force of the trigger finger and slams into the frame.

Breadman
10-23-13, 07:20
I would very much like to see video of that.

I've got about a half million dry-fire shots with various pistols, and I have yet to see any modern pistol that shows slide movement during striker/hammer fall. That little "twitch" left or right is what happens when the trigger breaks with offset force of the trigger finger and slams into the frame.

Nevermind, I swear I have noticed this before but I just tried every striker fired pistol I own, and could not replicate it. I have sold a few in the past, (one of which was a M&P 45) so it is possible that one of those had the issue. Incedently the M&P 45 was a VERY accurate pistol out to 100 yds.

My revised opinion is that the OP is all F'd up.;)

BoringGuy45
10-23-13, 09:39

This is what I'm talking about. I did a few more dry fires and noticed it does this some times, and other times it doesn't. I think I'll take it to the range and see if this affects my POA.

LightningFast
10-23-13, 09:47
This is what I'm talking about. I did a few more dry fires and noticed it does this some times, and other times it doesn't. I think I'll take it to the range and see if this affects my POA.

How exactly does it effect the Point of AIM? Are you saying it causes the gun to move so violently that you are no longer able to aim at the target?

Alex V
10-23-13, 10:24
I have the FSS kit in my M&P9FS and have not noticed anything of the sort.

Can the slide even move that much right or left on the frame?

1mm is almost 0.040" that's quite a lot of movement, no?

BoringGuy45
10-23-13, 11:31
How exactly does it effect the Point of AIM? Are you saying it causes the gun to move so violently that you are no longer able to aim at the target?

I mean that when the trigger breaks, the rear of the slide seems to rotate slightly to the left. My sight picture is then off by a mm or so to the right. I don't know if this will affect the accuracy, but it didn't do this before I put the kit in. I'm going to shoot it this afternoon and see if it has any effect on performance.

Tennvol12345
10-23-13, 11:34
Mine does that as well on all 5 M&P pistols I own. It doesn't shift accuracy at the range, just dry fire. Have you taken it to the range to see?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Magsz
10-23-13, 12:29
M&P's and other striker fired guns have relatively loose slide to frame fits and yes, i use that term loosely (har).

There is a possibility that the drop of the striker is causing vibration which is minutely moving the slide as it is released.

I would bench the gun and actually shoot it before crying foul.

BoringGuy45
10-23-13, 16:00
Had a quick trip to the range. No problems with POA. Accuracy is greatly improved, better reset, better break, kit worked as advertised.