PDA

View Full Version : SpringField XDM .40

dodge37
11-01-13, 16:27
Hello everyone,

I am having a problem with my XDM when I shoot it my reaction hand is so high on the frame that it activates the slide stop 60% of the time. I was curious if any one else was having this problem and what they did about it? I have cleaned it trying to eliminate all of possibilities it could be, but it still doing it every time I go shooting. Thanks for the help!

RWH24
11-02-13, 02:29
It may actually be the way you grip your pistol.
You could be bumping the Slide Stop with your support hand.

Happens to a lot of pistol shooters.

ryr8828
11-02-13, 05:24
I had an xdm .40 and never had that problem. I traded it to my son and he comes out and shoots it and has never had that problem.

Hold it correctly.

oldtexan
11-02-13, 09:30
Hello everyone,

I am having a problem with my XDM when I shoot it my reaction hand is so high on the frame that it activates the slide stop 60% of the time. I was curious if any one else was having this problem and what they did about it? I have cleaned it trying to eliminate all of possibilities it could be, but it still doing it every time I go shooting. Thanks for the help!

Try shooting it left hand only. If the problem goes away, then the issue is your grip. If the problem continues while shooting left-hand only, then it's likely not being caused by your grip.

If you determine your grip is causing the issue, then I recommend having a competent trainer observe and evaluate your grip while you're shooting.

theblackknight
11-02-13, 09:56
when I shoot it my reaction hand is so high on the frame that it activates the slide stop 60% of the time.

It may actually be the way you grip your pistol.
You could be bumping the Slide Stop with your support hand.

Am I in a twilight zone?

NCPatrolAR
11-02-13, 10:01
What's your reaction hand?

dodge37
11-02-13, 15:36
You may call it your weak hand, but it is the one that reacts when you have a problem. Need ammo that is the hand that gets it from your mag holder, or if you have a malfunction that it the hand that reacts to clear it.

highxj
11-12-13, 23:31
deleted, bad reading comprehension.

C4IGrant
11-13-13, 16:04
You may call it your weak hand, but it is the one that reacts when you have a problem. Need ammo that is the hand that gets it from your mag holder, or if you have a malfunction that it the hand that reacts to clear it.

Reaction hand? Learned something new there. It is funny how there are so many names for your WEAK hand. They are; other strong hand, left hand or right hand, weak hand, non-dominant hand, off hand and now reaction hand.

The answer to your problem is pretty simple. Lower it on the gun. Riding high up on you gun is going to cause it to not function as intended.

C4