PDA

View Full Version : G35 EDC/Caliber Switch

9 Micky Mouse
11-02-13, 11:52
Anyone here EDC a G35? Would you tell me why please. I have heard the G35 with its 5.03in barrel and 180gr HP's its just as good or close to .45acp. I am just asking guys.

Also has anyone here gone from 9mm to .40cal as your carry caliber? Please gentlemen I want to keep this professional I am really just wanting personal as well as professional opinions.

Thanks Guys

CaptainN8
11-02-13, 12:19
A G35 is quite a large pistol to carry. Unless you mean duty pistol. 9~40~45 with modern ammunition. It's all about round count to stay in the fight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

9 Micky Mouse
11-02-13, 12:52
A G35 is quite a large pistol to carry. Unless you mean duty pistol. 9~40~45 with modern ammunition. It's all about round count to stay in the fight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

No sir, just the law abiding citizen going about his or her daily business. Say you are use to an 1911 size gun but want a few more bullets but you are not a 9mm person.

LightningFast
11-02-13, 12:59
No sir, just the law abiding citizen going about his or her daily business. Say you are use to an 1911 size gun but want a few more bullets but you are not a 9mm person.

What's the quantifiable reason to go with .40 over 9? Caliber debate redux!

I know several people who ccw a G34, and I occasionally do my 5" m&p. Its really not that hard with a good holster and physique. About the same as a 17/22.

davidjinks
11-02-13, 13:18
I have carried a G35 or G34 many times.

With the proper holster and belt I've never had an issue with concealing them. I personally find them to be more stable IWB and more comfortable to carry then a G19/G26. My reasoning is that the extra barrel length inside the pants gives it more stability. They stay tighter to the body and don't cant outwards like shorter barrels do. This is of course what I have noticed while carrying many different guns over the past 15 years. YMMV when it comes to guns and support gear.

In regards to a caliber switch; been there done that. From 357 sig to 45 to 40 to 9. I think it's a chase that we all do for whatever unknown reasons. 9mm is my main "do everything" caliber. I still carry 40 when I travel. I'm on the road constantly and always in and around vehicles.

Standardizing on one caliber makes life a bit easier. However, having a choice between a couple never hurts. I don't think one is better than the other. I think each has its own attributes/offerings that we find "fits our bill".

My main carry guns are G34/35, 17, 22, 19, 26. Obviously not all at the same time. Each one has its place.

Holster: Bladetech IWB
Mag carriers: Bladetech OWB belt loop
Belt: Wilderness instructor 5 stitch w/PVC liner

Or I will carry with this setup:

Milt Sparks VMII
Milt sparks SDC or D4C mag pouches.

I find that the VMII is the most comfortable carry rig I've used for all day carry. The bladetech is great for all around carry while traveling in a car or out in the woods. I find the bladetech holsters to work better with the shorter guns as apposed to the longer guns. I guess that's just personal preference though.

I'm just a regular Joe who carries for defense. No LE or ninja carrying purposes.

ST911
11-02-13, 16:53
Anyone here EDC a G35? Would you tell me why please. I have heard the G35 with its 5.03in barrel and 180gr HP's its just as good or close to .45acp. I am just asking guys.

Also has anyone here gone from 9mm to .40cal as your carry caliber? Please gentlemen I want to keep this professional I am really just wanting personal as well as professional opinions.
Thanks Guys

OP- You'll find several recent threads on shooting and carrying the G34/G35, especially as they compare to their smaller counterparts (G17, G19, etc). There are even more discussing those calibers and their relative perforamance. I would recommend reading those, and then adding any additional clarifications or additional questions to them.