PDA

View Full Version : Reviews of the M&P45c?

Unkle Kurt
11-07-13, 11:07
I have long been pondering the addition of a M&P 45c to my CCW. It seems to be on par with my G19 as far as size and having a slimmer profile than a G30, it's more akin to a commander 1911 especially since it is the TS model.

I am looking for valuable input from other owners or previous owners before I make the purchase. All the M&P's I have been able to rent and shoot are in 9 and 40. I know DocGKR recommended the fullsize 45.

Please advise.

plouffedaddy
11-09-13, 16:09
My father and I both have one; neither gun has ever had a single issue.

KentuckyWindage
11-09-13, 16:25
I love mine. I removed the thumb safety on mine but I don't like thumb safety's. It's been 100% reliable and is my everyday carry. I only have 2300 ish rounds down mine. Nothing but great things to say.

tuck
11-09-13, 16:31
I had one without the thumb safety for a while. It was one of the softest shooting .45's I've owned so far, on par with a USP 45. Although I didn't get a chance to put a ton of rounds through it, I never had any reliability issues. The only reason I parted with it is that I didn't like the limited capacity. It's one of the few guns I've sold that I regret letting go.

PD Sgt.
11-10-13, 09:49
For me, it replaced my HK 45c. Not that the HK is not a great pistol, it is. The M&P just had other features that met my personal requirements better.

The rail allows a full size light to be mounted, this is a big point for me. While I am primarily plainclothes, this is still a working gun, and to me a full size light is a requirement.

It is accurate. I do not believe the .45s suffered from accuracy issues that were present in some of the other calibers, mainly 9mm. My 1911s and the HK may be slightly more accurate inherently, but in practical applications the M&P works as well as I can require. I agree that it has a relatively soft recoil for a .45. I have had no reliability issues with mine.

With basic Apex upgrades, the trigger is very good, and still at a reasonable cost. There are plenty of aftermarket sight options as well.

Capacity is on par with other .45 offerings, 8+1. You can also use the 10 and 14 round mags from the full size pistols for reloads or spares.

It is slightly larger than a G19. I have relatively large hands, and can just keep all my fingers on the grip with the flush base plate. The longer base plate is more comfortable though. It has the interchangeable grips so you can set it up to fit your hand best between the three choices. The grip is a little smooth, like all the M&Ps, but you can texture the backstrap on the cheap. If you do texture the frame, it is not the emotional hurdle of taking a woodburner to a 1K pistol like the HK.

Like I said, I am very happy with mine, and when I carry a .45, it is generally what I use (I still sneak a 1911 out from time to time). Hope this helps.

williejc
11-10-13, 09:55
I've had both and currently own the M&P, which has operated without flaw with 1100 rds of various ammo. I screwed mine up for concealed carry when I put adjustable target sights on it. With it, while doing stunt shooting, I can make consistent hits on 12 inch square targets at 100 yards. Note that I said "stunt". But this trick requires an accurate pistol. Like all stunts, there's a trick to it.

addendum: I failed to see that the op asked about the compact version. Mine is the mid size.