PDA

View Full Version : Beretta Nano

titsonritz
11-08-13, 14:52
Anyone have experience with a Nano, are they GTG? I’m look for a very small, light weight nine. The Shield is larger than I want. I was considering a Karh PM9 when I came across the Nano.

coastwatcher42
11-08-13, 16:16
I'm curious about the Nano also. My daughter has her CCW and carries a Glock 19. I was talking on the phone with her last night and she said that she would like to find something a little smaller and lighter.

CleverNickname
11-08-13, 17:10
I'm happy with mine. I don't carry it as much any more as I found a G26 is still small enough for me most of the time. But the Nano is an OK pocket or ankle gun. Don't be confused by its trigger's visual similarity with a Glock trigger, the pull and reset are longer than a Glock.

flieger67
11-08-13, 21:10
I was very eager to purchase a Nano when they first came out and was about ready to buy a Nano when I got to the shoot the first one at my range, side-by-side with a Kahr PM-9. The Nano's trigger pull was very gritty and a disappointment. The Kahr's trigger was much nicer and with the trigger pull and ergonomics, I bought a Kahr CM-9.

If I were in the market right now for a small single-stack 9mm, I'd be looking at the S&W Shield and a Kahr.

incognito
11-10-13, 09:38
I shot a Nano when I was in the market for a small 9mm. The lack of a slide lock lever makes the Nano a no-go, for me.

I went with the Shield.

tuck
11-10-13, 15:31
My wife and I were looking at the Nano quite a bit earlier this year while trying to find her a CCW piece. The lack of a slide lock, and some weird top-heavy ergos made her pass and ultimately decide on a Kahr CM9. The trigger on the Kahr is much nicer as well.

High Tower
11-10-13, 19:55
I plan on getting a Nano next year. I've sampled pretty much all the mini-9's and its the one I like the best.

rathos
11-10-13, 21:08
One of the guys in my department bought one. It has had a lot of issues with failure to feed and failure to extract. I used to like the fact that the sights were so easily changed out, but the few times we got it to shoot the rear sight fell out. Trigger wasn't horrible or gritty though.

ericb
11-12-13, 14:02
I love my Nano. Carry it often. Shoots great, reliable, and lightweight. The lack of a manual safety is why I went with it. Haven't had an issue with clearance drills without a slide lock either. You just have to train and familiarize yourself in doing so without it. Yeah it would be nice to have one, but I actually like the snag free design. Who doesn't regularly train and become completely proficient in the operation and function of any handgun they carry for self defense?

Here is more info on it: http://thedesertsedge.wordpress.com/2013/08/06/a-review-of-the-beretta-nano/

I measured trigger pull and distance on it with a few others for reference. I do not find the trigger to be gritty or horrible whatsoever.

Yeah it has a high bore axis. But it shoots well.

ggammell
11-12-13, 14:13
How does one lock the slide to the rear without an empty mag?

ericb
11-12-13, 14:37
One does not.

Train to clear a stoppage with the Nano:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2-cc6G8xnI

I try to avoid the slide lock when running clearance drills anyway so it is a non factor for me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJQY8v9V6AM

High Tower
11-12-13, 15:50
One of the guys in my department bought one. It has had a lot of issues with failure to feed and failure to extract. I used to like the fact that the sights were so easily changed out, but the few times we got it to shoot the rear sight fell out. Trigger wasn't horrible or gritty though.

Has he sent it back to Beretta? A buddy of mine had to send his in for similar problems and they took care of it for him.

titsonritz
11-13-13, 21:11
Thanks for all the comment everyone and thanks eric for the links. I think I will have to give a Nano a shot which is more than I say of most pistols in this class.

GrandPooba
11-15-13, 13:34
see if you have any FTE issues. Bunch of people on beretta forum had those issues