PDA

View Full Version : Glock Grip Reduction With Mag Funnel

EzGoingKev
11-18-13, 15:49
Has anyone reduced a grip on a Glock specifically for use with any for the mag funnels out there? Mag funnels seem to becoming more popular but add length to the grip making the pistol harder to conceal.

YVK
11-18-13, 21:12
Most comprehensive Glock grip reductions make external funnels/magwells unnecessary, which is why I think the answer to your question is no.

Magsz
11-18-13, 22:26
In addition to what YVK said. Most magwells add girth to the pistol which is by and large NOT desired when it comes to a CCW piece...especially on the grip side of the gun.

SPDGG
11-18-13, 23:54
Agree with above ^

If its a carry piece, a ramped plug insert is useful or if your reducing the grip angle than filling the rear and shaping to form a mag ramp/chute is nice.

My G17 range/training piece has a Sentinel Mag Well that I use in conjunction with Arredondo Extensions.
I've been meaning to do the grip on this and I'll still retain the magwell. More for the stippling, but might as well do the backstrap

Texaspoff
11-19-13, 10:09
Has anyone reduced a grip on a Glock specifically for use with any for the mag funnels out there? Mag funnels seem to becoming more popular but add length to the grip making the pistol harder to conceal.

Most grip reductions will not allow the use of an aftermarket mag well as the grip is re-profiled. Most all magwells are secured with a plug in the backstrap channel, which is filled during most reduction process. There are a few companies that do reductions and will build a magwell onto the grip after the reduction. These of course are permanent and cannot be removed.

TXPO