PDA

View Full Version : APEX'd M&P 40 VTAC...WOW!

Father of 3
11-19-13, 19:09
A little history here. My first handgun purchase was a M&P 9FS which was plagued with the accuracy issues and the standard M&P trigger which seems to spark a lot of debate. I transitioned to Glocks and was seemingly happy and had written off M&P's.

However that all changed today when I was exposed to a friends M&P 40 VTAC with an APEX DCAEK installed. The trigger was a smooth as my G17 with Ghost 3.5 Ultimate trigger. Reset was still null but went unnoticed with rapid fire drills.

Recoil even out of a 40 was LESS perceived than with my Gen3 G17 and Gen4 G19. Both of us had quicker follow up shots with the M&P (he is a regular Glock shooter BTW).

I have already been contemplating selling my G19 Gen4 as it really isn't that noticeably smaller than the 17. After repeated BTF with both Glocks, I am considering replacing at least one of them since I am not heavily vested with mags, parts, etc. with another M&P and investing in an APEX kit.

I don't mind the 40 and the fact I shot it quicker than both Glock 9mm's I've been used to has me considering the 40.

Please advise.

g-men10455
11-27-13, 01:49
I had a G23 & G27 sold them both to purchase a M&P 45c & FS 9mm. Since then I have added a few more M&Ps to the family. I had the same dilemma as you, I shoot the M&P better than the Glock.

wahoo95
11-27-13, 07:41
I've always found the M&P's to shoot softer in my hands. I used to run Glocks but switched over to M&P's since I shoot them better.

suffocation23
11-28-13, 23:05
I prefer M&Ps to Glocks too. They point better, shoot softer, have better factory sights and better grip ergos for me. I can't tell a difference in accuracy or reliability. I want to Apex my M&P 9 Pro. I have the kitty litter factory trigger. They do compare favorably to Glock for a lot of people. I shoot the M&P better despite having much more time on Glocks.

Steve S.
11-28-13, 23:53
I've always found the M&P's to shoot softer in my hands. I used to run Glocks but switched over to M&P's since I shoot them better.

Glock subjectively makes the best combat pistols in all of history....

... but no matter how hard I try, I can't shoot Glocks faster than M&Ps.

I carry Glocks, my G19 gets all the "bells and whistles" like the first RMR, it's my preferred defensive pistol... so I'm not biased one way or another. I just never have beat my times consistently with a Glock over an M&P. I really do think they shoot slightly better.