PDA

View Full Version : Mixing sights for my M&P thoughts?

Cropslx
11-20-13, 19:35
I am thinking of purchasing a 10-8 rear in .156 and a Ameriglo i-dot green front sight which is .140 wide. Will I be able to get accuracy with this setup with both sights being so wide? I would like to have something that compromises accuracy and speed. This pistol is for target and HOME self defense (will not CCW)

opngrnd
11-21-13, 02:26
Being that the most common selection from 10-8 Performance is .140 Rear/.125 Front, I think it's work fairly well. (.140-.125=.015 difference, while .156-.140=.016 difference). BUT I think the 10-8 Performance .140 Rear/.125 Front would be better still, since the wider the front sight is, the more of the target it covers. Just as importantly, how tall is the I-Dot front sight?

Either way, it'll certainly be better than the stock sights, which don't really seem to have any gap(though I've never taken the time to measure). I have the 10-8 Performance .140 Rear/.125 Brass Bead Front Sight waiting to be put on my M&P as we speak, along with a Apex Ultimate Striker Block (since the rear sight is coming off anyway). If you're replacing the rear sight, I really recommend swapping out the striker block with the Apex Tactical USB.

Just my .02 cents.

Cropslx
11-21-13, 15:48
Thanks taekwondopreacher!! I already have a Apex ultimate striker block on order ;) I did however decided on the 10-8 .140 rear and /.125 front. I might would have gone with a .115 if I could have found them in stock. I can't wait to put them on!!!

I am surprised more people haven't chimed in. Thanks again for your assistance!!