PDA

View Full Version : how do you conceal a G19?

moonshot
11-20-13, 22:15
Perhaps this is a stupid question. If it is, it's not my first.

To all those who say "if you can conceal a G26, you can conceal a G19", I would like to respectfully ask how?

I mean this sincerely. I have a G26 that is my CCW, and I am in the market for a G19. Now that it is getting cooler out, I have been experimenting with carrying my G26 with my backup G19 mag inserted. I use a Comp-tac C-tac holster, and it does a great job of concealing my G26 w/standard G26 mag under an untucked polo shirt. But if I swap mags and insert a G19 mag, I get all kinds of printing. If I am wearing some kind of relatively heavy sweater, sweatshirt, fleece pullover, etc I can conceal it just fine, but remove that garment, or move back into summer, and the base of the mag prints.

I am neither thin nor fat (although I could stand to shift some of my mass from my gut back up to where it was in my youth). I've tried carrying at 3 o'clock through the dial to about 5:47, and nothing seems to work. What am I doing wrong?

bzdog
11-20-13, 23:27
You also may need to adjust the cant and you may need a better belt. I assume you are trying the G19 mag just to try out the size because I don't expect it to conceal as well as a G19 due to the sharper edges.

-john

Dennis
11-20-13, 23:30
To me it's always been about the drape of the shirt. Some cling, some drape right assuming your shoulders are wider than your waist. Stretching a shirt width wise before you wear it helps as well.

jcshelto
11-20-13, 23:51
Have you tried the 1-2 o'clock position? That is what works best for me -- seems to conceal the extra grip length best.

abanks8245
11-21-13, 00:36
I conceal carry a glock 19, and have been for about the last 6 years , IWB Blade-tech, the only suggestion I will try to make is a good holster make all the difference in the world. If you are going to conceal the 26, run it with the standard 10 round flush mag. To use the 26 for most concealment, the flush mag offer that option more. The 19 is your reload, if you want the extra rounds on tap , then the carrying the Glock 19, makes the most sense, but it also depends on dress code, as i wore an untucked shirt 99 percent of time, and being larger/fat as well.

Dead Man
11-21-13, 02:15
There are men in a room. One is not carrying a pistol. How do you tell which one?

He is the only one well dressed.

polymorpheous
11-21-13, 03:10
G19 at 4:00 OWB in a Raven on a Cobra belt, (forget who makes it.)
Wear your belt an inch below your navel.
Let the curve of the blackstrap blend with the curve of your waist.

I can carry in just a t-shirt like this.

Business_Casual
11-21-13, 05:14
I never had a problem with 5:00, but AIWB is so much easier. I bought a Bladetech Klipt.

eaboecke
11-21-13, 05:24
I can't conceal anything unless I carry AIWB. Have given up trying to carry at the 4:00 position.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Double3
11-21-13, 05:33
4-5 with a crossbreed no problem with 17, 19, or a 21 for me.

Absolutely no problem in the cooler months.

ABNAK
11-21-13, 05:49
N82Tactical IWB holster. I'm a lefty so it's 8-9 o'clock. Hate wearing shirts tucked in so it's no problemo.

Voodoo_Man
11-21-13, 05:54
These days darkstargear appendix.

Just because its more comfortable for me since I don't have a gut.

lowbar
11-21-13, 05:57
G19/G17 in a well made leather holster, on a well made & thick leather belt, between 1 to 3 O'clock, slight cant forward, T shirt or button down Dickies style shirt hanging out over it. Everyday, all day.............. Done.

4DAIVI PAI2K5
11-21-13, 06:12
G19 or Fullsize M&P in appendix carry.

themonk
11-21-13, 06:14
INCOG at 1 o'clock works great for me with a 19 even in shorts and a tshirt

Plumber237
11-21-13, 06:20
My 19 is my cold weather carry (hoody or warmer), which for Minnesota is a good chunk of the year. Raven concealment holster @ 4 o'clock, Raven single mag carrier @ 8 o'clock; I use the pancake wings with both. I can't quite conceal it well enough in t-shirt weather, I go with my LCR for that.

Mike169
11-21-13, 07:04
I think most people overestimate how much printing is noticed. I carry a g26 or a g19 iwb in an MTAC, I usually wear tee shirts or light polos and haven't had any issues.

newyork
11-21-13, 07:41
Dark Star. 3:30 or Appendix

Eurodriver
11-21-13, 08:16
I can't carry my G19 without printing, but I'm usually wearing shorts and a slim fit T-shirt year round (Florida...) My G26 works just fine. That inch of grip length makes a difference. I've given up on trying to make the G19 work unless its really cold and I'm wearing a jacket (below 60 degrees)

Sam
11-21-13, 08:28
moonshot:
The CTAC is a good holster, with its multiple height and angle adjustment you should be able to find an optimum position that helps tuck the grip in. It may be just your perception of excessive printing when you switched from the 26 to the 19, you probably feel like you have a block of 2x4 on your side. Give it more time and experiment with the holster's adjustment.

GTM
11-21-13, 08:44
A G26 is substantially easier to carry without printing, however, a G19 is also do-able. I'm 5'10'' and 175. I carry a G19 or G26 in an RCS VG2 or PerSec SPEAR, both in the appendix position. Tucking in a shirt with a little blousing can eliminate grip printing.

Psalms144.1
11-21-13, 08:49
Alessi CQC OWB on a good stiff belt under an untucked Woolrich "Elite" concealed carry shirt (flat bottomed, designed to be worn untucked) in warm weather, or under a fleece vest in cool weather.

Regards,

Kevin

mikeith
11-21-13, 08:51
You guys aren't trying hard enough lol! I'm 5'11 160lbs, 32" waist, 42" chest

I carried with a vg2 for about 6 months, got an incog with mag caddy when it came out and havent worn the vg2 since.

I was actually having this conversation with a friend last night and took some pics. The hotel I'm at at crappy wifi so I can't upload them right now but will later. I wear this setup DAILY and have since the incog came out and no one (even people that I'll spend the whole day with) has ever had a clue I was carrying.

tylerw02
11-21-13, 08:56
I use the Comptac Minotaur at 4:30ish. I'm 6', weight varies between 180-195 lbs with broad shoulders and thin waist. At work, nobody notices my 19. I overheard somebody telling another coworker that they didn't think I had a CCW, so obviously its being concealed well. Sometimes in warmer months, I wear just a colored tee and jeans. In cooler months, I get a little more lax and wear a fleece or tucked plaid shirts.

usmcvet
11-21-13, 09:03
You need to try out some gear to see what works best for you. You need a very good belt and holster. I see people trying to carry guns with thin dress belts. Make sure you have a solid belt.

mikeith
11-21-13, 09:15
Ok I got PB to cooperate. I wear attire similar to this every day for work and on the weekends usually a t-shirt and shorts in the summer and jeans with random warm shirt/hoody/jacket in the winter.

(Don't hate on the wrinkled shirt, it was last night in my hotel room)

G19, incog holster, with mag caddy. This is the most comfortable setup I've used out of 6 various iwb setups, including crossbreed supertuck, compact(can't remember which holster though), custom leather one one, raven aiwb holster, vg2, and now this.
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b375/MIKEITH/D159B998-A526-4672-BE06-A0407850DA41_zpsrdeyisgq.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b375/MIKEITH/3A2D79C0-635A-4F28-BD65-33B38A3A4796_zps2qylbnri.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b375/MIKEITH/8DBAAC86-F47A-4734-B423-45888FAC37DC_zpsgfqjb2ou.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b375/MIKEITH/53C94D32-45F7-413A-BD28-71E9E163DF4E_zpsjligne3m.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b375/MIKEITH/2D7F4E66-6195-498C-AEF8-92E89C825313_zps69osqhia.jpg

yoni
11-21-13, 09:26
After 30 years of carrying a badge in a variety of locations from the heat of Israel and Afrika to the cooler weather of Seattle. I think people worry way to much about printing.

You know where you pistol when you look in the mirror to see it, others have no idea you are carrying a pistol.

I carry under a t shirt a Glock 34/35 with a RMR and have never been made.

tylerw02
11-21-13, 09:28

That you know of ;)

Usually the people that will notice somebody carrying a gun is somebody who also carries a gun. We know what to look for where average joe has no idea.

TMS951
11-21-13, 09:56
The question about printing, to me at least, really becomes do you need to conceal your gun from an expert eye that can't know you are carrying. Or are you just out in public in the US and want to keep it covered up.

Some states have laws it must be concealed. I have never interpreted that to mean you can't print.

My issue with the 26 is its thickness. Based on that I would rather carry a 19 because its not that much harder to conceal. When I want something easier to conceal I carry a Kahr PM9.

To me the G26 is in between those two and does what each of them does poorly and is not a good compromise.

mikeith
11-21-13, 10:06
Every professional officer I've spoken with(and it's a LOT due to having so many friends on local pd or state troopers) say that they are more concerned with brandishing than printing. Printing could be many things, it could be a phone on your hip, multitool, diabetic insulin pump, or something like a colostomy bag. There are so many things people could have under their shirt OTHER than a gun that cops don't mess with you unless you are acting suspicious.

As far as brandishing goes as long and you carry well enough without bending down or reaching up and you gun coming into plain view you are more than likely just fine!

gunnut284
11-21-13, 10:07
The 26 is slightly more concealable the 19 but not much. I can carry my 19 or 26 in a CTAC almost equally well. I carry at 3 o'clock and find the 26 a touch for tolerant of moving to the rear. The 19 needs to stay at 3:00 to keep the butt from printing. With anything but a tight shirt neither is noticeable. I generally carry a HK P2000 which is about the same size as my 19 and they all are fine in just a t-shirt and shorts.

4DAIVI PAI2K5
11-21-13, 10:15
Ok I got PB to cooperate. I wear attire similar to this every day for work and on the weekends usually a t-shirt and shorts in the summer and jeans with random warm shirt/hoody/jacket in the winter.

G19, incog holster, with mag caddy. This is the most comfortable setup I've used out of 6 various iwb setups, including crossbreed supertuck, compact(can't remember which holster though), custom leather one one, raven aiwb holster, vg2, and now this.
Some J hooks would make that even better.

Mike169
11-21-13, 10:28

That just wouldn't be comfortable for me when I was sitting down..

BTL BRN
11-21-13, 11:01
G19 with RMR in a Dale Fricke "Seraphim" holster, carried AIWB I carry this year round (Las Vegas); no issues with printing. I am 6' and 185 for what it's worth.

4DAIVI PAI2K5
11-21-13, 11:52

This is why I run a single loop that is slightly over sized. When I sit I cant the gun slightly. When I stand up I just brush the grip with my arm and it straights the rig back up vertical.

okie john
11-21-13, 12:04
G19 with RMR in a Dale Fricke "Seraphim" holster, carried AIWB I carry this year round (Las Vegas); no issues with printing. I am 6' and 185 for what it's worth.

A lot of good wisdom in this thread, especially about belts. I like the heaviest one that 5.11 makes--the one with the stiffener.

As for holsters, I use a Raven Phantom when I carry my G17 with a WML mounted. I use a Dale Fricke Archangel or a BladeTech Nano when I carry it without a WML. When I carried a G19, I found that it concealed better in a G17 holster, as the greater length of the holster helped keep the butt closer to my side.

I never cared much for the G26. It hangs with its bigger brothers in slow fire, but is harder to control in rapid fire. It also doesn't conceal any better than a G19 for me.

Okie John

Swag
11-21-13, 12:13
How to carry a G19 vs G26? Or for anything larger than a micro...

I gave up on the notion of "not printing". I carry what I am most comfortable with and can live with the occasional printing.

Grip
11-21-13, 12:14
Im 6'7", 211lbs, 38x36 pants, usually wear an XL, or XXL t-shirt.

G19 in a IWB crossbreed supertuck at 3:45. No problems with printing because i dont worry about it.

I have a raven concealment owb mag carrier at about 8-8:30.

jonconsiglio
11-21-13, 12:14
Glock 17 even in jeans and a t shirt. I carry close to 2:30 in a Comp Tac or Raven. Looking at some other holster options though, just to see what else might work for me.

RichDC2
11-21-13, 12:16
Everything is going to print somewhat, the lighter your clothing the more you will print. Just the way it is. If you are more concious of it you will probably print even more!
The right holster is everything. The 19 is the smallest gun I carry. With that said an MTAC at 5 o clock canted to about 4 o clock with any thing from a full size 1911 a glock 19 or 17 are all close to be as concealed as I'm going to get with a Tshirt on. Like others have said belt position wether higher or lower and holster selection is more important than the gun size.

Matt O
11-21-13, 12:19
As multiple other people have mentioned already, a quality belt is critical to keeping a quality holster tucked in.

If you're comfortable with the associated risks, AIWB makes concealment ridiculously easy. I carry a G17 regularly and only switch in the 19 if I happen to be wearing a smaller-than-usual shirt in the dead of summer.

FYI, I'm 6'3", 220# and usually wear L/XL stuff, so we're not talking about hiding pistols under gigantic shirts that could double as parachutes.

mikeith
11-21-13, 12:40

Quit sagging and pull your pants up lol :-P

Jk, but seriously though I spend 4+ hours driving a day carrying this way. While sitting, my the top edge of my belt sits about 1" below my belly button. I've tried this with a 17 and it is just too much muzzle against the meat and potatoes. The 19 however is just right

brickboy240
11-21-13, 12:52
I conceal a Glock 19 with a Raven Phantom holster and with the right belt and shirt choice...I can hide it pretty well.

I am 5ft 9in and 170ls....I can hide a G19 pretty well.

-brickboy240

vigilant2
11-21-13, 15:12

Glock 19 in slightly modified High Noon Alter-Ego holster, also use a Galco King Tuck. I'm 6' 1 1/2" 218lbs . Shirt is a cheap Walmart/Target Polo (size L) made of that Underarmor material that the breeze blows through keeping me cooler than a white cotton T-shirt. I have several t-shirts and polo's (basically black, navy blue or gray in this material for HOT ,sunny Florida. I carry a G17 extended (arredondo) spare mag in my support side front pocket.
Galco gun belts. 2:30 to 3:30 carry.

FWIW, I have found since dropping from 248lbs to my current weight and doing heavy abs and upper body workouts/diet , in starting to gain that V-shape has made concealment easier than ever. That said , I had no problems carrying my G19 concealed at 248lb using an XXL shirt. Just looked extremely heavy. When I have to tuck I use a G26 in a Galco ankle holster.

captdreifus
11-21-13, 17:51
There are men in a room. One is not carrying a pistol. How do you tell which one?

I do not understand your logic.

Voodoo_Man
11-21-13, 18:04
I do not understand your logic.

Don't mind him, he has poor poor taste in fashion.

Because if a pair of Salomon's, some Kuhl pants and a buttondown isn't well dressed, I don't want to know what is.

mikeith
11-21-13, 18:05
Agreed, my post (#26) says that his argument is invalid

lowbar
11-21-13, 18:24
Check your local laws about printing. Not really a big deal here in Florida. Printing (within reason) or accidental exposure (meaning you reach to grab something and your shirt lifts up exposing firearm) is not illegal. I carry a G19 or G17 everyday and only once have I ever been made. Only because I got out of my vehicle and the bottom of the magazine/magwell was exposed, not a big deal. Most people are so brain dead or in their own world they have not a clue whats going on, nor do they much care.

SiGfever
11-21-13, 18:28
I really like the Fist 1AK "thin" kydex holster for my G19 and G26. They hold the pistol close to my body at 4 o'clock so the grip does not stick out. I find for me it conceals better than my Crossbreed Supertuck or a MTAC that I had. Plus there is no way you are going to pull the holster off while drawing with the metal clip that they use. One handed re-holstering is very easy. I am 6' and 190lbs so I don't have a lot of extra bulk to help hide a pistol.

http://www.fist-holsters.com/vm.html?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=148&category_id=2

Steve S.
11-21-13, 19:07
I conceal a 19 very easily. But if you like the 26....

If you want WML ability, chop down a 19 to a 26 grip and carry 17 mags as spares.

If you don't need a light, just carry a 26 and G17 mags for spares.

If you're worried about sight radius... buy an RMR, not a bigger pistol.

Or keep playing with the 19 - you can hide it. There are folks out there hiding a Glock 19 right now... and if they're made it can be a matter of life and death. So it's certainly possible.

It's just a matter of trying different carry positions and holster options or researching a lot. Spend time or spend money. Or get lucky early and find what "clicks".

Don't write off things like Appendix as being uncomfortable. A large subsection of the concealed carry population wouldn't carry Appendix if it was uncomfortable. Don't carry Small of Back. Avoid ankle carry, neck carry, or carrying on any protruding limbs if possible... those areas aren't usually ideal.

There is no perfect one-size-fits-all concealed carry load out. Some options are closer than others, but no free lunches....

ETA:

Tip - Essentially every quality holster company out there offers some sort of trial period. Take advantage of them if needed. But try to give a new holster a day or two of carry before drawing a conclusion on it.

scoutchris
11-21-13, 19:17
I carry a 19 in a Kholster at 4-5 o'clock. You will never find the holster that you can't make print. They always will in some circumstances. Everyone prints, its just a matter of the extent. I have never been called out and I just got off of a blind date and had my polo tucked in....

Wake27
11-21-13, 19:24

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5528/10986906134_58f5e27b33_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/58801550@N02/10986906134/)

Raven VG2

Voodoo_Man
11-21-13, 19:35
Raven VG2

Nice, hard to see.

That a volungearworks belt?

jonconsiglio
11-21-13, 20:47
After 30 years of carrying a badge in a variety of locations from the heat of Israel and Afrika to the cooler weather of Seattle. I think people worry way to much about printing.

You know where you pistol when you look in the mirror to see it, others have no idea you are carrying a pistol.

This about sums it up for me. Someone carrying a 34, that's confident and carry themselves well are probably less likely to be made that a dude with a 26 that thinks everyone knows.

Like I said before, I'm completely comfortable in jeans and a t shirt, carrying my 17 or previously a full size 1911.

Trajan
11-21-13, 21:18
Dark Star Gear AIWB or Raven VG2.

Wake27
11-21-13, 22:18
Nice, hard to see.

That a volungearworks belt?

Yes it is. That one has been my EDC for over a year and a half now. I wouldn't normally wear it with that type of outfit, but didn't really have another option. My shirt is a little messed up there too, which makes it a bit more obvious. I didn't have time to re-tuck it properly so it was a little bunched up and awkward looking.

Steve S.
11-21-13, 22:24

Yea I don't buy that. There are so many good choices out there that can completely conceal a full size pistol, even in a suit. I've done it plenty.

I haven't showed this yet, but our upcoming AIWB SPEAR holster has an attachment that shows nothing on the belt by using a system similar to what makers like CompTac and Milt Sparks have used for awhile now.

Excuse the pics, I don't have any on the body - just prototype pics with clothing.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/22/uduzy7e3.jpg
Add Attachment.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/22/yzanunyd.jpg
Add Adhesive Loop Strips to inside of belt (or better - get a belt with integrated Loop on the inside).
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/22/ehyhaju4.jpg
Put holster on.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/22/a2yvetu5.jpg
Tuck shirt over holster.

Nothing is exposed - its all hidden behind the belt. I've personally worn this attachment in a suit and other "nice" clothes. I've ran courses of fire, multiple draws / reholsterings, movement, etc. It works as well as any IWB / AIWB holster out there.

So you hipsters and metros can pack some heat while looking super fly.

If you wear a Level 3 Retention holster... you might not be able to rock your Gucci or Prada or what have you. But there are options. Deep concealment isn't a new thing. Wear what you want. There are some good creative solutions on the market to make it work.

I don't know if I would be considered to dress nice or not... but my wife thinks I'm handsome. :-)

Sensei
11-21-13, 23:57
I'm 5'10" and weigh 190. I make my G19 disappear everyday in slacks and a tucked shirt using Beltman Belt and Milt Sparks VM2 with clips. I've done this for years and never had a co-worker notice (my place of employment does not smile upon CCW;).

AKDoug
11-22-13, 00:00
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5528/10986906134_58f5e27b33_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/58801550@N02/10986906134/)

Raven VG2 I'd pick that belt out in a second and assume you were carrying ;)

Wake27
11-22-13, 00:24
I'd pick that belt out in a second and assume you were carrying ;)

Haha yeah, like I said, didn't give myself a whole lot of options on that one. Poor planning, but luckily I was sitting at a table in a darkish room the whole time.

4DAIVI PAI2K5
11-22-13, 06:22
Yea I don't buy that. There are so many good choices out there that can completely conceal a full size pistol, even in a suit. I've done it plenty.

I haven't showed this yet, but our upcoming AIWB SPEAR holster has an attachment that shows nothing on the belt by using a system similar to what makers like CompTac and Milt Sparks have used for awhile now.

Excuse the pics, I don't have any on the body - just prototype pics with clothing.

Add Attachment.

Add Adhesive Loop Strips to inside of belt (or better - get a belt with integrated Loop on the inside).

Put holster on.

Tuck shirt over holster.

Nothing is exposed - its all hidden behind the belt. I've personally worn this attachment in a suit and other "nice" clothes. I've ran courses of fire, multiple draws / reholsterings, movement, etc. It works as well as any IWB / AIWB holster out there.

So you hipsters and metros can pack some heat while looking super fly.

If you wear a Level 3 Retention holster... you might not be able to rock your Gucci or Prada or what have you. But there are options. Deep concealment isn't a new thing. Wear what you want. There are some good creative solutions on the market to make it work.

I don't know if I would be considered to dress nice or not... but my wife thinks I'm handsome. :-)
Stellar!

yoni
11-22-13, 11:16
That you know of ;)

Usually the people that will notice somebody carrying a gun is somebody who also carries a gun. We know what to look for where average joe has no idea.

No I am 100% sure because early on in my life I used to carry in places that if I got made, the end result would have been torn to piece by a mob or arrest and torture.
so because that didn't happen I am fairly sure I can stand by my statement.

tylerw02
11-22-13, 11:42
Where were you carrying that the people are constantly on the look out for concealed weapons and hated firearms so much they would tear one to pieces?

Sam
11-22-13, 11:59
Where were you carrying that the people are constantly on the look out for concealed weapons and hated firearms so much they would tear one to pieces?

His avatar is the symbol for the Yamam Israeli counterterrorist unit. So maybe if one is an Israeli agent and carrying a gun, he wouldn't want to get "made" by bunch of unfriendly Palestinian crowd?

tylerw02
11-22-13, 12:39
That just may be what he did. Maybe he will chime in and let us know. I bet he's got some good stories if so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Steve S.
11-22-13, 14:17
Stellar!

Thanks dude.

No I am 100% sure because early on in my life I used to carry in places that if I got made, the end result would have been torn to piece by a mob or arrest and torture.
so because that didn't happen I am fairly sure I can stand by my statement.

I wasn't being dramatic earlier in the thread. There are people who have a need for deep concealment.

Interesting way of life...

Trajan
11-22-13, 17:42
That's a great looking rig you have there Steve. I assume the velcro can be sewn into any type of belt, like a dress belt perhaps? Did not think AIWB was practical for wearing a suit, but now apparently it is. Nice.

Release date?

Spiffums
11-22-13, 17:50
MTAC at ~ 2:15. I can even conceal a G34 there. Between my arm, shirt and my "tactical offset" everything just blends and hides well.

Pax
11-22-13, 19:26
OP, you only carried at "5:47" as you said in the OP. You need to go to 5:48- or as we say here, 17:48. Then all your problems will be solved.

But seriously...

This.

I have no trouble regularly concealing a 17 if I appendix carry it, wear a sliiightly baggy shirt and sliiightly modify my posture so I bend forward or hunch a bit. Its the same posture I assume for all doublestacks, as far as I can tell, and if I really need to - whether its a 26 or a 17 - this not-quite-hunched-enough-for-anyone-to-look-twice technique allows me to effectively conceal any handgun I've ever tried to carry, (including a 21C, talk about big). I just look like I have bad posture. Its all about technique. Appendix carry, dont wear gym-rat douchebag-level tight shirts and hunch a bit and youre rewarded with several more rounds in the mag. On a side note for technique when "rolling strapped," if you know how to carry yourself properly you can come off quite effeminate, unaware and basically innocuous- but this is a more advanced, super-duper high speed technique that will certainly require some practice. I recommend watching "He's Just Not That Into You" or "The Devil Wears Prada" and burning through several pints of Ben & Jerry's in order to perfect this technique of being a wolf in sheeps clothing. Your training budget should include ammo, lubricant, batteries, targets and ice cream. Gives a whole new meaning to "stay frosty."

Anyways yeah. Carry yourself right, big shirt, etc. Good luck. Dont be too stuck in your ways, experiment- find out what works for your particular application.

moonshot
11-22-13, 23:34
I would like to thank everyone for their comments and advise. There is much to take in here. Some ideas make a lot of sense, some seem downright painful.

I am probably making too much of what I think others can see, but when I place my G26 loaded with a G19 magazine on my belt, pull over a polo shirt, and can easily see the angular shape of something poking through the shirt, I figure I am carrying a neon sign.

Maybe no one else knows what it is, but to me it's not concealed if people know something is there. I am not so worried about LE seeing it as I have a permit. Work is a definite NPE, and when out in public or socializing with friends I would prefer to remain "gray". Those who know I carry know I carry. Those who don't should remain uninformed.

I guess if I really want to carry something bigger than my G26 I'll just have to experiment more with different holster types and positions. I was hoping to avoid that expense. For me, now, 3:00 is the easiest draw and 4:30 is the most concealed. Neither works well under just a polo shirt when I insert a G19 mag into my G26, but that may be more my perception than anything else. My cop friends have all told me I worry too much about it, but then again I can usually see when their guns start printing. It's when they are no longer standing up straight, but are acting normal with normal body movement, and the printing is always the same - I can see the angular imprint of the magazine base plate. It doesn't look like a cell phone, multi-tool, or colonoscopy bag. It looks like part of a gun.

For those who can carry a large semi auto under a t-shirt and have it remain concealed, please tell me how you accomplish this.

Yoni, if you have performed work with the IDF or some other Israeli security service, you have my admiration and respect, but how can anyone possibly conceal a G34 sized grip under t-shirt? Really, how do you do this? How can you walk, sit, reach, and perform normal movements without printing?

moonshot
11-22-13, 23:42
Pax,

I don't think I want to do anything that includes the phrase He's just not that into you and lubricant in the same sentence.

Swag
11-22-13, 23:48
I am probably making too much of what I think others can see, but when I place my G26 loaded with a G19 magazine on my belt, pull over a polo shirt, and can easily see the angular shape of something poking through the shirt, I figure I am carrying a neon sign.

If you don't mind the question: Why carry a G26 loaded with a G19 mag as your primary (in lieu of the G19 mag as your reload)? Please don't take offense but if you're going to CCW a G26 as such then you should be carrying a G19.

nickdrak
11-23-13, 02:38
I carry my G19 in a JM Custom Kydex AIWB with the "Extra Tuck" option. It is actually made for a G17 but it conceals better in the G17 holster due to the longer slide length which helps me "keep it in my pants" so to speak ;)

Airhasz
11-23-13, 03:43
Pax,

I don't think I want to do anything that includes the phrase He's just not that into you and lubricant in the same sentence.

He didn't.

p7fl
11-23-13, 05:45

Absolute classic answer.

Endur
11-23-13, 10:05
I carry my G19 in either a Raven or M-TAC at about 4:30ish. I don't wear baggy or extremely tight shirts, more slightly form fitting. The only way I print is if I bend instead of squat to pick something up or pull my shirt tight like if it got snagged. I have a SOE EDC belt which I love for the rigidity when I use the Raven. I also have a Raven mag holder and it doesn't print either unless my shirt is pulled tight. I have my cant adjusted so the handle is riding in the small of my back. Extremely comfortable, even when sitting.

Ranger45
11-23-13, 10:18
Comp-Tac MTAC IWB holster, a good belt, and the right clothing.

Clay
11-23-13, 11:25
For a Glock 19 I use a MTAC, Nick Matthews IWB, Eric Barber IWB, Remora, or a Tommy Theis IWB, all with a Wilderness Frequent Flyer belt. For NPE's I run a Springfield XDS-45 or Glock 26 in a Smartcarry, or a S&W 442 in a Renegade ankle holster. I've tried hundreds of holsters over the last 20 years and these are what I've found the most useful. I also have kept a Blade-tech Nano IWB and standard IWB for my Glocks but they rarely get used as they don't conceal that well for me.

munch520
11-23-13, 11:46
TT Gunleather for IWB. Kydex blows for IWB in my opinion.
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3780/11013053765_688a19d655_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/96608534@N06/11013053765/)

JM Kydex for OWB. Love their low ride belt loops.
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3822/9857070623_49779e445f_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/96608534@N06/9857070623/)
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5533/9857002476_f9d58334b7_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/96608534@N06/9857002476/)

I use an Atlas belt and carry at 4-5. Can conceal with jeans and a t shirt. Someone already said it, under armor type t shirts will cling and print very easy. Heavier cotton tshirts will be much better.

Grip
11-23-13, 15:40
My pics from just now. G19, Crossbreed Super Tuck @ 3:45

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h213/gripgc8/E35134C3-6111-4295-A35B-3BC681DC0622_zpsmqqlr9pu.jpg

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h213/gripgc8/EEFB664E-E0DE-4492-A60C-2CD5BFDD2566_zpse0grhunh.jpg

Right arm extended straight up:
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h213/gripgc8/C07E331E-1208-485D-A7D7-359CFA134D49_zpsdsmofq5d.jpg

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h213/gripgc8/38EE106F-BDD1-43C0-854D-C5B1FD81AB5C_zps6spcjawz.jpg

Trajan
11-23-13, 16:54
For those who can carry a large semi auto under a t-shirt and have it remain concealed, please tell me how you accomplish this.

The RCS VG2 is what you want if you must absolutely have no printing. AIWB of course. Depending on your body weight and size will determine if you can conceal a G19, or a G17.

The VG 2 adds literally no bulk to the sides of the gun, and it keeps the grip close to the belt line which helps with concealment. Makes your draw a bit slower however. One thing you have to watch out for is a holster making your belt line from the side angle look odd. Large chest, small stomach area, large belt area looks odd. Minimizing side bulk prevents this.

77thNYSV
11-23-13, 16:56
I conceal my G19 with a Raven Concealment holster and an SOE EDC belt. Perfect combo for me because it keeps the G19 nice and snug up against me without having to worry about the weight of the gun causing it to tilt outwards because of a flimsy belt.

Sam
11-23-13, 22:05
Can you spot the "print"?

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/securedownload_6_1.jpg

Since I took a close up picture of the area, I'm sure you can guess where it is. But to unsuspecting passerby, they're not going to have a clue.

Now you see it:

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/securedownload_7_1.jpg

No it's not a Glock 19 :), too lazy to get it out of the safe. The bobtail commander was more accessible, they're both about the same size anyway. The gun wasn't loaded. The holster is a Milt Sparks Nexus.

munch520
11-23-13, 23:16
Now I need a 1911...

yfz
11-24-13, 10:14
165 pounds 5' 10". I conceal a 19 under a t shirt carrying appendix using a CCC shaggy or VG2.

Omaha419
11-24-13, 10:34
I know someone who can conceal a 17. Appendix with a extra mag. He used a vanguard and recently switched to another holster. Not obvious at all.

709bubblehead
11-24-13, 14:35
I'm 5' 10", about 175 lbs and I carry a G19 in a G-Code INCOG w/ G17 mag on an Ares Ranger belt. I position the INCOG just slightly port of centerline to help prevent the grip from printing. I wore this rig all summer long with no issues.

strambo
11-24-13, 16:58
I have no issues concealing a P226 under a Polo with the Comp-Tac MTAC. T-shirt is also doable, I just have to watch my body positioning and movement a bit more.

Steve S.
11-24-13, 22:17
That's a great looking rig you have there Steve. I assume the velcro can be sewn into any type of belt, like a dress belt perhaps? Did not think AIWB was practical for wearing a suit, but now apparently it is. Nice.

Release date?

Thanks dude.

The Attachment is up on our site - under the SPEAR attachments as Hook / Loop Lock Strut. It's the Appendix version of the SPEAR that comes out in a few days.

http://persecsystems.com/page/online-store#!/~/product/category=6353157&id=27693056

Actually belts with a strip of loop has been around with many custom makers. A good option that comes to mind is The Beltman. We include an adhesive Velcro to use as a stop gap measure until a belt is purchased, or be sewn in permanently.

http://www.thebeltman.net/velcro.htm

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/25/e2ebyran.jpg

AIWB is great with suits, just don't wear a thin white button up. I try and stick to darker colors.

ETA: A friend and CBP agent found this out last summer when he ditched the jacket while we were walking through a shit area of Detroit for a wedding located in one of the beautiful old churches they have there.

He's using his hand to try and hide the big black G30 somewhat, or guarding his wallet. :-) I noticed this and snapped the pic to show him later.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/25/qa4y5ypu.jpg

JTQ911
11-25-13, 18:32
I conceal my G19 in Galco Kingtuk or Minotaur MTAC. Both work well for me with T shirt or button down. The key is buying clothes around the gun. Waist size +2" and a shirt size larger than you usually wear, or at least avoid any "slim fit" BS

munch520
11-26-13, 06:44
Carried OWB last night with a G19. Can't say enough good things about these JM Kydex holsters...

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3670/11057581815_6777ce311c_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/96608534@N06/11057581815/)
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2849/11057745613_a8638eb7bb_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/96608534@N06/11057745613/)
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3814/11057732163_91a350ddae_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/96608534@N06/11057732163/)

Endur
11-26-13, 06:48
I think I might ditch my Raven for a JM.

munch520
11-26-13, 06:51
They are both the best at what they do, in my opinion. One rides real high and the other real low, comes down to what works for you at that point..

Beat Trash
11-26-13, 09:38
I'll second the JM holster. I went with it because you can order a high ride or a low ride, whichever works for you. The RCS Phantom holster was too high for my body style. The way the belt loops hook over the top of the holster pulls the gun into your body, printing less for me than the RCS did, even when using the pancake wings.

I have a JM holster for my issued M&P with the APL light, with a 10 degree cant. I use this to carry the gun to and from work.

I have a second JM holster for my Glock 19 w/o a light, with a 15 degree cant. This holster works great for me at about 3:30.

yoni
11-26-13, 13:17
I spent most of my adult life in service in Israel.

What I will say I was second in command of one of our anti terror units when I left government service.

I have entered into places undercover where if our cover was blown it would have resulted in a mob pulling us into pieces. This is something that we have seen happen to others who were not under cover they were just Israeli's that took a wrong turn.

I have always carried full sized pistols, Hi Power back in the early days and now Glocks. For my body type it works best if I carry forward toward the point of my hip.

Guinnessman
11-26-13, 13:33
Carried OWB last night with a G19. Can't say enough good things about these JM Kydex holsters...

My JM Custom AIWB has been a real treat to wear, and it conceals my Glocks very well. The wedge and extra tuck feature does a great job tucking in the grip of the gun.

Munch's post here makes me want to buy a JM to replace my other OWB's. That looks like a great holster.

Wake27
11-26-13, 14:12

What I will say I was second in command of one of our anti terror units when I left government service.

Damn. That's badass.

Five_Point_Five_Six
11-26-13, 18:30

I have entered into places undercover where if our cover was blown it would have resulted in a mob pulling us into pieces. This is something that we have seen happen to others who were not under cover they were just Israeli's that took a wrong turn.

I have always carried full sized pistols, Hi Power back in the early days and now Glocks. For my body type it works best if I carry forward toward the point of my hip.

Respect.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

cwgibson
11-26-13, 18:55
I have used the Evader for awhile now, and have grown rather fond of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

munch520
11-26-13, 19:28

I can't imagine how fascinating your perspective is on things like this.

murphman
11-28-13, 09:41
Anyone messed with DSG ARMS Alpha series Kydex holsters? They have a sale on them right now and am thinking of picking one up.

tylerw02
11-28-13, 10:35

Great story and thanks for your service. I have friends in Israel that live in complete fear. Thanks for working to protect them.

tylerw02
11-28-13, 10:37
Anyone messed with DSG ARMS Alpha series Kydex holsters? They have a sale on them right now and am thinking of picking one up.

I run one on my G17. It's a good value and does what it's supposed to. It's got a rough finish and not quite as much a thought out design as alternatives like Raven, etc. I use mine on a battle belt. Were I using it for CCW, I'd pony up for a holster with better build quality.

Steve S.
11-28-13, 11:24

My company is lucky in that we still ship gear every week OCONUS to conflict zones, even with the wars dying down. The feedback from someone such as yourself, who being "made" could mean death or worse, is unmatched. Thank you for fighting for the good guys.

Here a public video that shows a low profile load out as used by a Special Forces 18D (Medic). The holster and mag carriers are made by my company, though they're older models and have been improved. The video does a great job of breaking everything down in that style of carry. Granted, it's not complete concealment / deep concealment - but illustrates how much you can hide if you plan accordingly and offers a look into the application of concealed carry by those who we often don't get to see their load outs.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SuUI3kzlHCY

Same soldier, but he's moved the G17 holster to IWB and outfitted his gear for deeper concealment at the end of the video (4:30 in to the video). Same gear, just outfitted for a different role.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3pLsFOSTYXc

The G17 / 22, 19 / 23, and 26 / 27 are being used by our nations best soldiers and law enforcement personnel in a deep concealment role. The G19 is a great choice for concealment with almost no compromise. In my opinion, there's no need to dress around a G19. You dress around plate carriers, rifle mags on the body, and other large items when concealing them... but there's so many good options on the market to hide the Glock pistol without the need to alter your wardrobe.

Just my $0.02. I'm glad we got the gentleman from Israel to post in this thread about carrying in a completely non permissive environment. It brings the pains of concealed carry stateside into perspective.

Again, thank you for your service. I don't know how much you're able to talk about that period but you should consider a thread that shares tips and tricks you found when carrying a full size pistol concealed in those environments. I'm sure it would benefit a lot of people.

snichols28
11-28-13, 23:31
In a ColoradoHolster.com (http://www.coloradoholster.com) holster. By far the best fit and comfort!

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f297/snichols28/ColoradoSidearmor/2b929810.jpg
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f297/snichols28/ColoradoSidearmor/IMG_3340-1.jpg

yoni
11-29-13, 03:53
Thanks for the kind words.

I am at the end of a business project right now that is just eating all my time. So give me a few days to write something up. Iam also stressed as can be because where I am at, they drive on the wrong side of the road. I drove 30 minutes yesterday and it just kicked my ass, having to think about everything when it comes to driving.

But it is a great reminder to shoot more weakside when I get back home.

jawbreaker5
12-18-13, 06:31
Anybody have luck contacting this guy Steve S at Per-Sec on his holsters. Placed an order, sent emails with questions no response for 2 weeks. Tried all his emails, and his PM is full. Any help would be great.
Thanks

GTM
12-18-13, 09:21
Anybody have luck contacting this guy Steve S at Per-Sec on his holsters. Placed an order, sent emails with questions no response for 2 weeks. Tried all his emails, and his PM is full. Any help would be great.
Thanks

Yes, I've been in contact with him recently (two days ago). He got slammed with a bunch of orders at Thanksgiving. He'll get you your order. I just received a couple holsters from him last week.

munch520
12-18-13, 12:21
In a ColoradoHolster.com (http://www.coloradoholster.com) holster. By far the best fit and comfort!

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f297/snichols28/ColoradoSidearmor/2b929810.jpg
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f297/snichols28/ColoradoSidearmor/IMG_3340-1.jpg

Looks good what else of you compared it to?

G.B.
12-18-13, 14:43
I started with a g26 and ended up with a g19. Both conceal easily with an iwb desantis holster. As far as printing, most people are so involved in themselves they wouldn't notice if the back of the grip wasn't even covered.

Clay
12-18-13, 14:47
I started with a g26 and ended up with a g19. Both conceal easily with an iwb desantis holster. As far as printing, most people are so involved in themselves they wouldn't notice if the back of the grip wasn't even covered.

+1

If you don't look like an i phone around here people don't even see you.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

Rampy
12-23-13, 14:06
My daily carry is a G19...in a Raven Concealment holster with wings and tuckable loops, without question a superb rig, comfortable & easily concealable....and you can get the VG2 for the G19 & that's also a excellent way to carry....

streakpi
12-23-13, 22:32
I carry my G19 in a Tommy Theis IWB holster at my 7 o'clock. No issues.

Recently, I purchased a N82 Original holster. Took awhile to get used to…much different feeling (like a soft pancake) and a different draw stroke (had to work hand between holster backing and grip) but now I am converted completely. Have not worn my other two IWB holsters since getting the N82. One of the few "cons" to this holster is reholstering. Since the retention band for the gun is nylon, it "flattens" upon draw. I am VERY careful inserting my G19 back into the holster during drills. It completely slows me down. Their "Pro" version used a kydex mold for your gun - but it also costs $20-$25 more.

I've got OWB holsters as well…but only wear them during training. Can speak of them later.

munch520
12-23-13, 22:38
Got a non light bearing JM in the mail today. Continue to be happy with his work.

JM OWB and OWB+APL light (on both: low ride, 10 degree cant)
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3833/11520950083_24065dc16c_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/96608534@N06/11520950083/)

Ironbutt
12-23-13, 23:03
My daily carry is a G19...in a Raven Concealment holster with wings and tuckable loops, without question a superb rig, comfortable & easily concealable....and you can get the VG2 for the G19 & that's also a excellent way to carry....

I conceal a G17 or G23 OWB in a RC Phantom all the time. In the Summer a t-shirt conceals them well, as long as the shirt isn't skin tight. Dark or shirts with a pattern work best. Hell, you can conceal a shotgun under a Hawaiian shirt if you want.

I think the OP may be a bit too self conscious about printing. Really, nobody notices. I've stopped in convenience stores on training days with a drop leg Safariland rig on & nobody even looks twice.

Rampy
12-24-13, 02:54
I've never heard of coloradoholsters....they are not far from here...might have to see if we could stop in...I need a OWB made for a Sig P290rs......

As far as Raven, you can easily conceal a G19 under a T shirt....now that I'm home & can access Photobucket.....

3rd gen G19, Raven Concealment Phantom with wings and tuckable loops.....

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e184/Rampy556/Shooting/IMG_2634_zpsd930b5c4.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e184/Rampy556/Shooting/IMG_2633_zps4d31281d.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e184/Rampy556/Shooting/IMG_2631_zps20efcabb.jpg

moonshot
12-31-13, 12:04
I would like to again thank everyone for their posts. As I am in the process of potentially making some changes to both my square gun and round gun carry options, I am going to take a step back and approach this process differently.

For now, I will be carrying my G26 with a G19 mag inserted, and carried in my C-Tac holster. My spare mag will be my G26/GAP mag (just in case I feel I need to increase concealment). I'll also try some different holsters, beginning with the Raven system. It seems to get high marks. I do not have a good gun belt, believing that these were not really needed for IWB holsters, and I never carry OWB unless at a class. I will review this as well, and experiment with OWB holsters and better belts.

Finally, if I can't come up with a suitable way for me to carry and conceal a G19, I may end up just relying on my G26, and swapping mags depending on the season or the clothes.

HWF
12-31-13, 14:45
I carry appendix and can conceal a 17, 19, 26 with ease. I use CCC Shaggy and JM Custom Kydex AIWB rigs. I prefer the 17 and 19 but received the 26 as a gift so I'm wringing it out now.

http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u458/i29alpha/9B317E06-AE29-4569-9075-1F23CA3989A2_zpsevfnp40d.jpg (http://s1068.photobucket.com/user/i29alpha/media/9B317E06-AE29-4569-9075-1F23CA3989A2_zpsevfnp40d.jpg.html)

My shaggy, shown here, is made for a 19 and my JM is for a 17. The 26 carries better with the longer holsters (increased stability).

ABNAK
12-31-13, 14:52
http://n82tactical.com/n82store/?page_id=1792

I use the "Original" model. It's one of the most comfortable (least uncomfortable?) IWB holsters I've used. Relatively cheap too. I have used it for a Glock 36 as well as my current Glock 19.

I'm a lefty and carry it at about the 8 o'clock position. Summertime just need to wear shorts that can use a belt, otherwise it'll sag a little bit (but not too bad, can be occasionally hiked up). Can't wear those Hanes soft cotton shorts with the elastic waistband though. Other than that the Glock 19 will conceal in just about anything with a T-shirt untucked.

fivestar51
01-01-14, 19:13
Back when I used a G19 off duty, I used an MTAC holster. I also printed no matter what. I switched to a G26 in the same holster and the difference was incredible. Early in 2013 I switched again to a Shield and haven't looked back.

The 26 was far easier and much more comfortable compared to the 19. The Shield is even more so compared to the 26.

tonyxcom
01-01-14, 19:53
I carried my stippled and RMR'd G19 in a Comptac Minatour (IWB) last night and if I wear it at 230 it disappears. I typically carry my Shield in a Minatour too. I purcahsed an INCOG for the Shield and I can barely make it comfortable so I never use it. I've worn my RC Phantom IWB for my Shield but the lower portion of the holster prints in my pants.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4481604/forum-pics/RMR19-MINATOUR.jpg

moonshot
01-02-14, 15:11
HWF

I carry appendix and can conceal a 17, 19, 26 with ease. I use CCC Shaggy and JM Custom Kydex AIWB rigs. I prefer the 17 and 19 but received the 26 as a gift so I'm wringing it out now.

Try the GAP floor plate on your G26 mags. Improves draw, grip, and feel without adding to length. I've even thought of running them on the G19 mags I use in my G26. It really locks the whole package in place.

http://www.concealablecontrol.com/

jondoe297
01-03-14, 09:05
I carry mine with a TLR-1HL in a Raven Concealment holster. If I travel to a communist state, I take the light off and carry it IWB in an el cheapo blackhawk nylon holster.

tonyxcom
01-03-14, 12:16
Try the GAP floor plate on your G26 mags. Improves draw, grip, and feel without adding to length.

I loved the GAP floor plates when I carried a 26. I really wish they would make them for my Shield.

ptmccain
01-03-14, 12:32
Thanks for the great thread and all the great info. I'm on the cusp of ditching my G26 for a G19 for EDC.

Beerswimmer
01-03-14, 12:35
6'1", 225. I carry right at 12:30, it's the most cofortable position for me. In the winter I wear hoodies and it hides perfectly, a t-shirt covers it pretty well too. Even if it prints a little, most people don't expect a gun. I have a big belt buckle as a decoy if they do think they see something. Can't remember the typew of holster, but it's never had me worried about my junk!

Land Shark
02-28-14, 11:00
Beerswimmer, do you find that when using this setup that your weapon moves up and out from under your belt easily?

Thanks

teutonicpolymer
02-28-14, 19:57
just a heads up, if you're looking for a hybird iwb holster check out alien gear. less than half the price of my mtac and I like it way more.

birdkiller
02-28-14, 21:22
\ Can't remember the typew of holster, but it's never had me worried about my junk!

Looks like a Dale Fricke Zach: http://dalefrickeholsters.com/product/zacchaeus-concealment-holster/

To the OP, I would strongly consider appendix. The cheapest way to test it out is to just pick up a Raven VG2, if you like it look into a full holster for training purposes. The problem you'll probably have with the 26 with a 19 mag is the barrel length. With the short barrel, and extra weight of the mag the grip of your gun may have a tendency to flop out.

If I could conceal a 26 but not a 19, I would likely get a 19 with the grip chopped down to a 26 length so I had the sight radius, barrel length (for concealment) and ability to attach a light. Just a thought.

tmanker
02-28-14, 23:30

Errr.....what?