PDA

View Full Version : S&w trigger question

blackjack_03
11-25-13, 13:55
About to decide on a new ccw. Either s&w shield or walther pps in 9mm.

My question is if anyone has shot the shield and an s&w sigma series. I have shot an sve40 and thought the trigger pull was horrendous. Can i expect the shield's trigger to be better than this?

FeltaDorce
11-25-13, 15:04
First hand experience here. The shield trigger is vastly improved compared to all other SW strikers I have fired. (Mine is a 2013 model) The shield is the only striker I still own, btw.

warpedcamshaft
11-25-13, 17:33
I have been in temporary possession of a Shield for a while, and the trigger is definitely workable/adequate... It won't hold you back if you put some time into dryfire.

ST911
11-25-13, 21:58
What each of us values in a trigger is going to vary, smoothness, break, reset, travel, overtravel, etc. That being said, and it's a strange thing to say, I like the Sigma's overall trigger attributes better than the Shield.

In fairness to the Shield, I've found that they can vary in feel. I was with a Shield a couple of weeks ago that wasn't too bad. A newest production .40 variant I had today was horrible, even after some Slip 2000 and dry firing through several folks present.

Shooting the things has a way of improving them.