PDA

View Full Version : Glock 36 2013 consensus.

Swstock
11-27-13, 09:14
Is this thing still hit or miss? I can't find anything mentioned about it good or bad for the last 2 years.

I have a 19, 26, and 30sf. Were limited to 7 rounds now so I wanted something smaller also. I was considering an xds but would rather stick with what I have but any old mentions make me nervous about it.

Has Glock gotten this thing figured out yet?

Maineshooter
11-27-13, 22:29
Is this thing still hit or miss? I can't find anything mentioned about it good or bad for the last 2 years.

I have a 19, 26, and 30sf. Were limited to 7 rounds now so I wanted something smaller also. I was considering an xds but would rather stick with what I have but any old mentions make me nervous about it.

Has Glock gotten this thing figured out yet?

Mine has been perfect - no malfunctions of any kind. At a training session with other Glock 36 users, a large percentage of shooters were getting consistent double feeds, We were training with quality hardball Speer ammo. With some of the shooters the issue was not physics (i.e. limb wristing). We discovered that once we started firing high quality duty (RECOMMENDED BY GLOCK) rounds from the pistols, in this case Speer Gold Dot 230gr, the problems evaporated across the board.

I guess if you are willing to take the chance that it will not perform well with certain types of training ammunition you are good to go. Knowing that it works 100% with Gold Dot was a plus, but it certainly makes practice more expensive. I'm sure there are other practice ammo brands that would work well also. We are considering trading up to the 30s models. I want a gun to chew up anything i put in it personally.

ST911
11-27-13, 22:34
In my experience, they are not terribly popular even in the G21 agencies. When looking for a compact, most seem to opt for the G30. Or more recently, the G30S. Of the G36s I see they do okay.

Swstock
11-28-13, 17:38
If it's only gonna run on ammo better than lawman, im not interested. That's insane

Guinnessman
11-28-13, 20:42
There was a gentleman who was shooting a G36 at a LAV Handgun class this summer in Pittsburgh. He had nothing but problems with that gun and left the class early that day. I wish I had more info on the specific problems he was having, but that is all I can report.

Swstock
11-30-13, 20:27
I ended up buying a shield in .40.

ST911
11-30-13, 21:46
I ended up buying a shield in .40.

Please stop in here, review my thoughts, and contribute some of your own.
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?143304-WHAT-S-SHIPPING-SW-M-amp-P-Shield-40SW-w-Running-Review

Redstate
11-30-13, 22:17
My G36 is about 2-3 years old and has never malfunctioned for me. However, I had a friend try it out and he couldn't get it to run. He was not holding a high enough grip on it. Same guy can shoot his G19 fine, but not my G36 or the G27 I used to have.

walkin' trails
12-01-13, 09:02
A local department issued out s few around 3 years ago. They worked great up till around 1500-2000 rounds then had feeding problems. Was probably recoil spring related, but they switched out to 30s, and I never heard the final consensus.