PDA

View Full Version : What is this light on the glock?

Wiggity
12-01-13, 21:58
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3807/11011645463_5d994eb50f_b.jpg

title:confused:

SteveL
12-01-13, 22:01
Inforce APL (Auto Pistol Light)

http://www.inforce-mil.com/pistol-lights.php

Good lights based on what I've read about them so far.

Beat Trash
12-01-13, 22:59
Great light with an excellent switch. I've been using one on my issued M&P9 since about March.

Darkop
12-01-13, 23:18
Great light with an excellent switch. I've been using one on my issued M&P9 since about March.

Beat Trash,
What holster are you using with that light? I assume it's a duty holster.

TIA,
Darkop

Dos Cylindros
12-02-13, 11:48
Beat Trash,

TIA,
Darkop

I don't know of a company that makes a duty holster specifically for the APL, but I do know that the typical Safariland light compatable duty holsters will work just fine. They are kind of a universal fit as far as lights go.

Psalms144.1
12-02-13, 12:13
I have an APL that I've been playing around with as a nightstand light for a couple of months now. Overall, I'm impressed with the size and light output. My primary concern, specifically when mated to the Glock, is that activating the inward-inclined paddle switch with the trigger finger makes it VERY easy to inadvertently get your finger trigger inside the trigger guard. Not as much of an issue on a LEM-equipped HK or DA/DAK Sig, but with the Glock it needs careful attention.

Regards,

Kevin

Beat Trash
12-02-13, 14:22
Beat Trash,

TIA,
Darkop

I use the same Safariland duty holster that was made for the Surefire series of lights. Works well.

Off duty, I use a JM custom kydex OWB holster. This was made specifically for the M&P and APL.

Darkop
12-02-13, 18:35
I use the same Safariland duty holster that was made for the Surefire series of lights. Works well.

Off duty, I use a JM custom kydex OWB holster. This was made specifically for the M&P and APL.

Good info.

Thank you!

NCPatrolAR
12-02-13, 18:51
I have an APL that I've been playing around with as a nightstand light for a couple of months now. Overall, I'm impressed with the size and light output. My primary concern, specifically when mated to the Glock, is that activating the inward-inclined paddle switch with the trigger finger makes it VERY easy to inadvertently get your finger trigger inside the trigger guard. Not as much of an issue on a LEM-equipped HK or DA/DAK Sig, but with the Glock it needs careful attention.

Regards,

Kevin

Why are you controlling the light with your trigger finger? Talking about one handed drills/manipulations?