PDA

View Full Version : HK USP .40 - is the light hammer spring or match trigger worth it?

Waylander
12-03-13, 09:20
From what I've read, the factory HK match hammer spring is just a little lighter and the same spring that comes in the USP compacts and P30s IIRC. Around 12lb maybe?
Wolff makes a little lighter 10lb spring. Is the HK match trigger kit worth it or a waste of money?

Psalms144.1
12-03-13, 09:35
SixEight - I don't carry a USP anymore, but if I did, I would outfit it with every match component I could. I've fired a friend's HK45 with the Match-LEM hybrid, and it's a dream. I can only imagine that the lighter trigger spring and match trigger components would make a TDA gun absolutely wonderful...

Waylander
12-03-13, 09:47
SixEight - I don't carry a USP anymore, but if I did, I would outfit it with every match component I could. I've fired a friend's HK45 with the Match-LEM hybrid, and it's a dream. I can only imagine that the lighter trigger spring and match trigger components would make a TDA gun absolutely wonderful...

Sweet.
I was never that picky with the USP 9s I owned in the past (and stupidly got rid of) but maybe they smoothed out after some use.
I just wondered if the match kit was worth $130+.

Have you ever used a USP with the jet funnel kit or know somebody who has?

Pappabear
12-03-13, 20:19
The USP TRIGGERS can be improved with the wolf. And if your capable of doing the work, I would look into the kit.

Waylander
01-04-14, 23:58
I see mine has the blue spring. Is that lighter than what used to come in full sized USPs?

Magic_Salad0892
01-05-14, 03:58
Girlfriend carried USP9c for a while.

Match trigger components are awesome.

glockshooter
01-05-14, 11:08
I carried a USP40F for five years as a duty gun, and shot a USP9F with match LEM trigger and jet funnel for the same five years in matches. There is no such thing as a good HK trigger. The LEM is their best and when paired with match components it is not bad, but far from great. The tradition double action can be made better with reduced power springs, but if you shoot cheap foreign ammo with hard primers it may have reliability issues. The LEM is light and smooth but the length of trigger travels is really long. In the end if you already have a USP then it can't hurt to try the spring kit.

Matt

Mauser KAR98K
01-05-14, 11:34
The reason why I have a wolff light hammer spring in my USP9FS was for the lighter double action pull. It will not work well with military hard primers.

I do have a wolff 12lb hammer spring in my USP45 and I like it better than the lighter one.

If I could afford a match trigger, I would try it.

HK makes great guns, but they need to impove their triggers. Supposively they are announcing a striker fired P30 of sorts this year and many are hoping the trigger pull will be close to the Walther PPQ.

HKdog
01-05-14, 11:42
I've replaced the hammer spring in two HK USPc's with Wolf 12# springs. Tried the 10# and they worked 99% of the time but had a few light strikes on Winchester White Box ammo…. so 99% is not acceptable and I bumped up to the 12# springs w/out any light strikes etc.. The standard weight hammer spring is 14#.

The HK Pro website and forum has a huge archive of info on this and other subjects related to the USP lineup as well as everything HK.

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/