PDA

View Full Version : Trijicon GL01 night sites

jpgm
12-03-13, 19:22
I am trying to do a simple comparison between my Mepro night sight's and the Trijicon GL01's. What I am needing is the measurement (width) of the front sight and the inside measurement of the rear sight. If anyone could help me out that would be great.

jpgm

jck397
12-03-13, 19:55
I don't know about the Mepro's, but I believe both the front sight and rear notch for the Triji's are both .140. I find the Mepro's to be way too tight, and the Triji's to be slightly too tight. My preferred sight picture is the Amerigo Operators (.140 rear/.125 front, and usually $25-30 cheaper than the Trijicon B&T), although Trijicon is now making a .125 "thin" front sight.

jpgm
12-04-13, 07:59
jck397,
I am looking for a thinner front site than the Mepro's. Ameriglo pro operators look great. I like the idea of not having the white ring around tritium tubes, it gives me more definition. Thanks for your response.

jpgm

jck397
12-04-13, 09:28
Of course. I like having the rears blacked out and the ring around the front so the front sight pops out at you as you're coming up on target. Before I started using the Operators I would take a fine Sharpie and black out the rear rings on my Trijicons and get the same effect--if you don't want the front ring (I couldn't tell if you didn't want any rings or just don't want the rear rings) you could do the same.