PDA

View Full Version : It's getting cold outside, is it time to beef up your CC ? Do you change in Winter?

Pappabear
12-03-13, 20:33
I know some people have one carry gun and others utilize several. How does your carry guns differ based on summer vs winter attire vs time of day, or does it?

AZ SUMMER: S&W snubby model 340 with 38 plus P's.
Winter or Night run: P30 or M&P (both 9's)

Shield 9mm my most frequently carried in summer and winter. It offers the good balance of size, shoot ability and rounds.

In the summer I go lighter simply because it's hot as hell and I have light clothing on. In the winter, I may enjoy a full sized gun. Or if I'm running to grocery at night, I may grab a little more umph.

I rarely grab my HK45C because I feel it's hardly "Compact" and offers half the rounds. But hey , sometimes you feel like a 45acp. God bless America!

What do you grab and why?

PB

lunchbox
12-03-13, 20:53
Use Glock 19 more in Winter (G26 in summer) and since it starts getting dark at 4:30, I make sure and bring some kinda light. If working I'm wearing Leatherman Wave that has elastic band on leather case that holds Streamlight stylus perfectly. If out and about, Protac HL 600/SF G2 in jacket or SL stylus in pants pocket with extra mag. I should mention I am looking into getting more suitable (smaller/compact) EDC light.

jck397
12-03-13, 20:56
Also AZ here, and cargo shorts (summer)/jeans (winter) and casual button-up almost all year. Glock 19 almost all the time (although in the process of picking up a PPQ which might change that), with a G17 mag backing it up. If I am going somewhere where discretion is important, then a Glock 26, sometimes spare G26 mag, sometimes spare G19 mag, sometimes no spare mag if I'm going really discrete. G2 in back pocket vertical next to wallet at all times. Galco "I'm carrying a gun!" fanny pack while running.

ST911
12-03-13, 21:05
Very recent thread to build on: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?140219-Changing-Rotating-Your-Carry-Setup