PDA

View Full Version : is all glock 3.5 disconnect created equal

skt4271
12-20-13, 13:11
Thinking of getting, but are they essentially all the same?

okie john
12-20-13, 13:20
Thinking of getting, but are they essentially all the same?

Some of the aftermarket ones are known to break. Stick to OEM for best results.

Okie John

sammage
12-20-13, 13:33
OEM is consistent. Scherer have been known to have issues.

skt4271
12-20-13, 19:23
Thanks, the OEM is cheaper anyway.

tonyxcom
12-20-13, 21:39
I have 2 Ghost 3.5lb disconnectors, one of them with the tab you file down to limit overtravel and a standard one.

I hate them.

They are mushy with inconsistent breaks.

I much prefer the Glock - and "dot" connectors with the Wolf competition trigger spring.

iLift45s
12-21-13, 05:21
Vanekcustom.com

Charlie makes the best trigger kits and parts out there. I love them in my Glocks!

T2C
12-21-13, 06:26
OEM is consistent. Scherer have been known to have issues.

What kind of issues? I have a Scherer disconnector in a Glock 22 and have not run into any problems yet.

jcshelto
12-21-13, 13:42
In my experience, no, the different connectors are vastly different, mostly in feel and trigger pull nuance.

I have also experienced that there is great variation between even OEM 3.5 (4.5) connectors. I got a Glock 34Gen4 with an OEM - connector that was garbage. Even an OEM dot connector was an improvement. I ended up trashing it and replacing it with a Lone Wolf. I also bought a used Glock 24 that came with a Ghost connector, and I was very unhappy with the trigger pull. Replaced it with a Zev, and am much happier.

The most consistent connector I have found thus far is the Lone Wolf. I really like it. I am not sure I would pay the money for the OEM.

They are relatively cheap--I would try a few. If I were in your boat, I would pick up the Charlie Vanek custom connector. I have never heard a bad thing about it. I avoid Ghost, after some bad experiences.

skt4271
12-21-13, 17:17
I looked on lone wolf, they don't offer a OEM 3.5 by glock? I may try theirs LW.

sammage
12-21-13, 19:44
What kind of issues? I have a Scherer disconnector in a Glock 22 and have not run into any problems yet.

Have heard a few reports of them bending. A friend had one for a while, and reset was spongy compared to the OEM.

After trying the 3.5, I have moved onto the dot connector.

jcshelto
12-21-13, 20:06
Have heard a few reports of them bending. A friend had one for a while, and reset was spongy compared to the OEM.

After trying the 3.5, I have moved onto the dot connector.

On all of my Gen3 carry guns, I use an OEM dot connector. Lightens the pull just enough, and is very reliable. Great setup.

jcshelto
12-21-13, 20:13
Also try the maritime spring cups. I am not sure I notice a difference, but I have them installed on all of mine, especially given my location.

You should feel the trigger on my Glock 24 with just a LW Connector, Jager striker, and basic polish job. It is better than a lot of stock 1911s. I can send accurate rounds downrange at alarming speed.

One word of caution, though; I have COMPLETELY eschewed extra power trigger springs. Every problem I have ever had can be traced back to extra power trigger springs--failures to reset, etc, so I just eschew them now.

Wake27
12-21-13, 20:16
I thought the Ghost 3.5 was well liked. I have one in my 19 and like it better than either the stock connector or (-) connector.

EzGoingKev
12-21-13, 21:15
On all of my Gen3 carry guns, I use an OEM dot connector. Lightens the pull just enough, and is very reliable. Great setup.

After playing around with connectors and the other parts that effect the trigger pull I settled on the OE dot connectors also. The - connectors have too much travel IMO.

SpeedRacer
12-21-13, 21:23
I've tried a bunch, Ghost were the worst in my experience, with OEM (-) and Zev 3.5 being my favorites. My carry/HD guns only get the OEM connectors though.