PDA

View Full Version : Glock receiver mods….mag release recess cut

SW CQB 45
12-26-13, 13:38
I have done my own finger groove removal and high front strap for my large hands.

I like the recess cut/mod on the mag release on the receiver. I did a search and could not find similar topics.

anyone try this at home with success?

what tools were used?

thanks in advance

El Cid
12-26-13, 15:58
Pretty sure Kyle Defoor does that to his Glocks FWIW.

nimdabew
12-26-13, 16:07
Get some 250 grit sand paper, 400 grit sandpaper, and a sharpie. Wrap the sandpaper around the sharpie and shape the mag relief as you want. I do this for creating an undercut trigger guard that is radiused and also for finger grooves before stippling.

SW CQB 45
12-29-13, 20:44
found a post on the official glock page after searching countless pages.

I did it myself with a dremel, sandpaper and a 3/8" rubber fuel line. Probably could have went a little more, but depression with my big paws is much better so I stopped here.

My G17 ruff with a factory mag release.

92fs
03-26-14, 12:02
Outstanding! I will give this a go.

WaldoOneFive
03-26-14, 16:01
I did this to a Glock 36 I had years ago. I used a dremel tool with a "ball" looking grinding wheel, then fine automotive sandpaper to clean it up.

Hammer27
03-26-14, 19:22
All good advice above. Only thing I'd say is give the Vickers magazine release a try before you permanently modify your frame.

okie john
03-26-14, 19:38
All good advice above. Only thing I'd say is give the Vickers magazine release a try before you permanently modify your frame.

And if the Vickers doesn't work, get an OEM competition mag release and knock the corners off of it.

Okie John

Brasilnuts
03-26-14, 21:07
Do not try this grip mod on a gen 4 Glock.

The mag release is L shaped and the removal of material from behind the release will allow it to slip to the rear and not function properly.

SpeedRacer
03-26-14, 21:12
I did this mod to all of my gen 3's, I find it works much better than extended releases especially for guys with smaller hands. Best way to put it is the extended releases are easier to press, but this mod makes it easier to reach (and press).

I used a Dremel with 5/8" grinding bit to do most of the work and then followed up with some hand sanding. The key is simply finding just the right angle and holding it steady.