PDA

View Full Version : Being somewhat new to polymer pistols

RWH24
12-26-13, 14:26
How does a WML like a TLR-1 or SF300 being attached to the front rails affects any operation and or accuracy.
I know, if it wasn't meant to be used, they would not have put them there on the frame.

RWH24
12-26-13, 17:45
I going to quit drinking kool-aide and stick to my wine! :dance3:

I just noticed flex in the front of the frame near the muzzle.
Just wondered if the down pull weight of the light would be detrimental?

Didn't the "G" gun have some problems sometime?

HKGuns
12-26-13, 17:55
Huh? Perhaps I'm the only one but will recommend you drop the wine as well.

scooter22
12-26-13, 18:00
The answer is "no".

RWH24
12-26-13, 18:02
Huh? Perhaps I'm the only one but will recommend you drop the wine as well.
I was kidding, Coffee and Hot Pizza!

RWH24
12-26-13, 18:07
The answer is "no".
Thank you.

26 Inf
12-26-13, 18:07
The Glocks did and some say still do. The 'official' Glock story is that the WML reduced frame flex and as a result caused the slide to cycle faster. This in turn out ran the springs in the mags causing fail to feeds. They fixed the mags with new springs. I have been told that another problem is over-tightening clamp-on WML's, such as the TLR-1. This increases the rigidity of the frame.

Is that what you were looking for?

RWH24
12-26-13, 18:14
I failed to mention I was making reference to M&P pistols in the first post, but yes, that is a great description of the Glock problem. Never heard all of the story.
Thank You.

C4IGrant
12-26-13, 20:55
I failed to mention I was making reference to M&P pistols in the first post, but yes, that is a great description of the Glock problem. Never heard all of the story.
Thank You.

Glock's are really the main (if not the only) Polymer guns that CAN BE negatively affected by metal weapon lights. It got so bad that SF put warnings about Glock's in there owners manual. That's pretty bad!

The TLR style lights could be tightened to the point where they would pinch the frame and cause drag on the slide (causing a malfunction).

I have seen all of the above first hand (many times).

As a long time M&P and SF X200/X300 user, I have never run into any issues (as the M&P has a metal skeleton). So no worries.

C4

RWH24
12-26-13, 21:06
Thanks Grant!