PDA

View Full Version : surefire x300 ultra for Glock 19 - does it fit?

akela
12-30-13, 23:26
Just got surefire x300 ultra for Glock 19.
The light slides snug and locks in place well.
However, there is about 3mm of rail still available on the light in front and about 3mm of rail is still available in the back of the glock.
if it was not for a plastic plate (that seems to be removable) in the back of the light's battery compartment cover then I think the light could slide about 3mm more into the gun (just the depth of that back plate) and hug the trigger guard more. This way it might sit even more sturdy. This youtube video talks about it (5min 31sec into the video) : http://youtu.be/h_ynXBfDCDk but I just do not know if this is OK per surfire or not (do not want to do any unsupported mods).
I have attached several pictures to show this. Please let me know what you know about this.

G19A3
12-30-13, 23:39
I would think removing the plate on the battery cover would just leave an unsightly gap to the front of the Glock's trigger guard. The light indexes on the rail notch. That plate was designed to be removable for trigger guards of guns other than Glock.

As for the extra space in front of the light, I think the light was originally designed for the G17-size guns, which has a longer dust cover.

briguy64
12-31-13, 00:52
If the latch on the light gets captured by the rail, you are good to go

L-2
12-31-13, 03:29
Thanks for referencing that video as, without it, I wouldn't have understood that rear cover-piece was removable.
Removing the rear cover would have no purpose other than creating more of a space between the trigger guard and the light as G19A3 mentioned.
G19A3 is also correct in that the light will be indexed by the locking crossbar of the light.
Interestingly, my X300Ultra fits fine on my SIG P226R too, unlike the person on the Youtube video.

scoutchris
12-31-13, 07:54
I just got the x300u for my 19. The fit is exactly the same, and occurs with me m3 as well. Just part of owning a compact. Enjoy!

ptmccain
12-31-13, 08:00
How does it perform for you? Does it stay nice and snug after a few magazines through it, rapidly fired?