PDA

View Full Version : So Just Who Is Bear Creek Arsenal?

BGREID
02-14-14, 14:29
Check out these prices!

http://www.classicfirearms.com/ar15bearcreekarsenalm4flattopw-magandcase?utm_source=EmailzDirect&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=Subscriber%233153&utm_campaign=2-14-14

Obscenejesster
02-14-14, 14:46
Specs aren't bad for the price but I'd still be weary buying one.

GH41
02-14-14, 15:41
Look at pictures 9, 14 and 20. Easy to believe they threw it on backwards but very hard to believe they did the photo shoot and posted up on the sight. GH

Eurodriver
02-14-14, 15:46
Specs aren't bad for the price but I'd still be weary buying one.

Specs are typical of the price.

Barrel: 4140 Steel ,16" Length 1x9 Twist
A2 Flash Hider Manganese Phosphated
Phosphated under Front Sight Base Taper Pins on A2 Front Sight Base
Threaded Muzzle M-4 Style Barrel
Chamber: 5.56 X 45 mm ( .223 Rem ) Bolt And Carrier: Phosphated 8620 Steel
Carrier Assembly Carpenter 158 Bolt Heat Treated and Plated Mil-Spec Chrome Lined Carrier
Interior Carrier Key - chrome lined, attached with Grade 8 Screws Properly Staked & Sealed Gas Key

ScatmanCrothers
02-14-14, 16:18
I like CF for the oldies they bring in from time to time and surp ammo but their M4 lineup is always garbage.

mtdawg169
02-17-14, 19:57
This reminds me of the Elite Arms garbage that was floating around last year. A2 FSB and all... Also similar to the PTAC stuff being sold by PSA.

I've begun to wonder how much of the cheap stuff on the market is coming from China.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=131056
Brand question: Elite Arms worth it?

wildcard600
02-17-14, 21:44
Scary ....

This is bar none the best AR-15 Rifle Value in the U.S. today.

We have torture tested these rifles and I would put them up against anything being sold for reliability...

and to top it all off -

Note - We have tested these extensively and they work great, however, for some reason these rifles do not seem to like the Thermold brand mags... We recommend the Tapco, or C-Products mags.....

*SHUDDER*

discreet
02-17-14, 21:45
Is this brand even worth mentioning on this forum? Just another brand to throw into the long list of dog shit and end up in some mullet wearing douchebag's youtube channel bawking about how operator grade it is.

To add.. someone go post this on arfcom. I bet large numbers of people will be buying these up shortly after.

tamabrand
02-17-14, 21:57
This reminds me of the Elite Arms garbage that was floating around last year. A2 FSB and all... Also similar to the PTAC stuff being sold by PSA.

I've begun to wonder how much of the cheap stuff on the market is coming from China.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=131056
Brand question: Elite Arms worth it?

I was digging a bit because I was bored and found someone on another forum mentioned that Elite Arms was stuff made by Moore's Machining and just rebranded. Turns out bear creek is an offshoot of Moore's.

"Buyers will notice a nicer finish, smoother lines, higher quality markings, and a more professional fit and finish than ever before."

Thanks be to the lord of light!:suicide:

mtdawg169
02-17-14, 22:07
I was digging a bit because I was bored and found someone on another forum mentioned that Elite Arms was stuff made by Moore's Machining and just rebranded. Turns out bear creek is an offshoot of Moore's.

You've got to be kidding me! That was just a wild guess on my part. Take a look at that old thread if you really want to see a crappy AR. I disassembled one for a local guy who was going to have the receiver dipped. After I got it apart, I called him to tell him what I found. I promptly reassembled it and he sold it off, replacing it with a PSA upper. Later, he brought the bolt carrier group to me and I was simply dumbfounded at how awful it was.

Onyx Z
02-17-14, 22:34
In pic 9, did they really put that scope on backwards AND publish it without knowing? It looks as though they caught their mistake by pic 16...

I would stay far, far away.

tamabrand
02-17-14, 22:36
You've got to be kidding me! That was just a wild guess on my part. Take a look at that old thread if you really want to see a crappy AR. I disassembled one for a local guy who was going to have the receiver dipped. After I got it apart, I called him to tell him what I found. I promptly reassembled it and he sold it off, replacing it with a PSA upper. Later, he brought the bolt carrier group to me and I was simply dumbfounded at how awful it was.

If I had the disposable income I almost wouldn't mind buying an ARbortion and just breaking it and putting videos on youtube about it since that's the only way to get through to some people. Maybe I'll wait for their next iteration: Honey Badger Dynamic Carbines, 10" barrels with 6" perm-attached muzzle devices!

SeriousStudent
02-17-14, 22:48
I think we can put this thread to bed. If you have five hundred bucks to blow, I can think of much better uses.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?47535-Recommend-me-a-whiskey