PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Fiber

Voodoochild
10-08-06, 18:51
So I have seen a couple of Glocks with Carbon Fiber frames places. What are the advantages/disadvantages of the frame and is that an option when ordering one?

LOKNLOD
10-08-06, 18:54
I've seen Glocks with a water-transfer process carbon fiber finish, but I've never seen an actual frame made from carbon fiber....

Where'd you see them?

Hoplophile
10-08-06, 19:11
+1

The "carbon fiber" Glocks were all made by one distributor who had a bunch of OD Glocks that weren't moving fast enough so they had a finish applied to make them look like carbon fiber. Scratch them and you'll see the green plastic showing through the finish.

Voodoochild
10-08-06, 19:36
I saw one in a Glock picture thread on TOS and one on Guns America.

swinkster
10-09-06, 18:44
+1

A local gun shop advetises CF Glocks but it too ends up being just a surface finish. I will admit it is more like a chemical etching of CF than a water transfer decal. You can feel the lines in the CF cross weave. It is actually well executed however a little too pimp for me. Here is pic, CF frame is in the middle

http://www.hunt101.com/img/440246.jpg

They want $779.00 for the baby Glock with CF frame and nickel slide so it is a pricey option.

I can't imagine what the advantages a true CF Glock would have over a polymer frame one. Now Titanium or stainless or aluminum I can see and have felt.