PDA

View Full Version : Blackwater now offering H&K courses....To civilians!

John_Wayne777
10-09-06, 20:04
As you may or may not know, Blackwater Training Center recently announced a partnership with H&K to provide training on the H&K weapons systems and to promote H&K products.

Part of this is an arrangement to offer training on the various H&K platforms (SMG and Rifle) to ordinary civilians. I just confirmed that yes indeed, civilians are eligible for the training.

Blackwater will actually provide the students with a weapon and a supply of magazines for the Instructor and Operator courses, as well as for the armorer courses.

If you have wanted to get some significant trigger time behind the G36, or the new H&K 416, or the good ol' MP5...This is your opportunity. (Just be aware that the SMG course requires 8,000 rounds. No, that is not a typo.) If you wanted to learn to be an armorer for the mentioned systems (and more) this is your chance too! (Rob...I am thinking of you, buddy. You already have so many armorer certs...why not a couple more?? You know you wanna....)

Since so many of the folks here have trained at BW before, I thought I would share the information....You can find course descriptions here:

http://www.blackwaterusa.com/training/courses.asp

I have suggested doing this very thing to Blackwater on all of my previous trips there (I have been there several times...) as well as making other suggestions, and practically EVERY suggestion I have made has been incorporated into their training. Now, I doubt I was the only one making the suggestions, but it goes to show you that BW is an outfit that really does care what the students think and they really are eager to please.

There are lots of good training resources out there these days, (My how things have changed since a short 10 years ago!) but I think if you give BW a try you won't be disappointed. I certainly haven't been!

Joe Mamma
10-09-06, 21:27
Thanks for the heads up. I would love to go to one of the Operator courses . . .

Joe Mamma

Robb Jensen
10-10-06, 03:54
I want to take the armorers courses but it's kinda hard to understand the prices and which/when they're available.

John_Wayne777
10-10-06, 08:57
I want to take the armorers courses but it's kinda hard to understand the prices and which/when they're available.

Yeah...it is a bit confusing.

If you talk to David Taft over at BW he can probably get the details sorted out for you. Let me know if you would like his contact info...

LukeMacGillie
10-10-06, 12:40
So are we to understand that all training will now take place at BW? I was scheduled for a course up in Sterling in Dec since it would not require per-diem and all that jazz.

Cold Zero
10-10-06, 13:31
b.w. has also joined forcs with duane dieter and is now also offering c.q.d. classes as well.

Joe R.
10-10-06, 15:11
Luke, I would contact Black Water, but my guess is that all the Sterling classes have been canceled. I know HK has let all of their instructors go at this point (I was one...) so I'm not sure who would teach the class there.

John_Wayne777
10-10-06, 20:19
So are we to understand that all training will now take place at BW? I was scheduled for a course up in Sterling in Dec since it would not require per-diem and all that jazz.

I am not an expert on this, but I assume the training already scheduled at H&K's facility in NOVA would still go on.

John_Wayne777
10-10-06, 20:21
Luke, I would contact Black Water, but my guess is that all the Sterling classes have been canceled. I know HK has let all of their instructors go at this point (I was one...) so I'm not sure who would teach the class there.

Ack!

I didn't know that!

I am really sorry to hear that.

John_Wayne777
10-10-06, 20:22
b.w. has also joined forcs with duane dieter and is now also offering c.q.d. classes as well.

I saw that too, but I am unfamiliar with what it is.

I did see that there seems to be lots of simunitions training in it, which is something I have been urging BW to incorporate into a Tactical Handgun level III course for a couple of years now.

Cold Zero
10-10-06, 23:23
they are owned and staffed by former SEALS. training was not open to the public. training to be considered, high quality and risk. cumstomers were gov't and large security co. good to see they are branching out. hope that helps j.w. 777.

VA_Dinger
10-10-06, 23:42
Yeah...it is a bit confusing.

If you talk to David Taft over at BW he can probably get the details sorted out for you. Let me know if you would like his contact info...

IMO:

Getting David Taft to answer his phone or return a call is the equivalent to seeing Bigfoot or the Lock-Ness Monster. He is a nice guy, but unless you’re a large USN or CG customer he can be hell to get in touch with.

Maybe something has changed recently, but I've played phone tag with him for months at a time.

John_Wayne777
10-11-06, 10:45
IMO:

Getting David Taft to answer his phone or return a call is the equivalent to seeing Bigfoot or the Lock-Ness Monster. He is a nice guy, but unless you’re a large USN or CG customer he can be hell to get in touch with.

Maybe something has changed recently, but I've played phone tag with him for months at a time.

I got an e-mail response from him inside of 24 hours.

Maybe people just don't like you.

John_Wayne777
10-11-06, 10:46
...:D

John_Wayne777
10-11-06, 10:47
they are owned and staffed by former SEALS. training was not open to the public. training to be considered, high quality and risk. cumstomers were gov't and large security co. good to see they are branching out. hope that helps j.w. 777.

In other words, there's a lot of force on force stuff and they are worried that some whiny civilian will get in the class, get slammed to the ground or get put in a chokehold during training and then sue?

Cold Zero
10-11-06, 11:32
In other words, there's a lot of force on force stuff and they are worried that some whiny civilian will get in the class, get slammed to the ground or get put in a chokehold during training and then sue?

could be. or maybe they did not have enough instructors of the caliber they like to have on staff to meet the additional staffing requirements to also have civilians. maybe the facility would not accomodate the extra # of students? not every training center is lucky enough to have 7,000 acres that allows them to expand their facilities like an elastic band to increase revenue. some places feel that civies do not need certain types of training. m.h.o. yada ....yada;)

VA_Dinger
10-11-06, 11:40
I got an e-mail response from him inside of 24 hours.

Maybe people just don't like you.

:D

Certainly a possibility and he would not be the first or most likely the last.

Maybe his position has changed and this freed him up a bit. I know two years ago it was hell getting in contact with him. He was running allot of USN ships company security, EOD, and USCG classes at the time. If I remember correctly the USN alone was sending 4-5 hundred students a week through Blackwater. At least that’s what Don told me at the time.

John_Wayne777
11-29-06, 14:41

Forgive the zombie thread resurrection, but BW now has their 2007 schedule up, and it is much more sensible....

Robb Jensen
12-04-06, 04:47
Forgive the zombie thread resurrection, but BW now has their 2007 schedule up, and it is much more sensible....

Much better. I want to take the P2000 & USP courses.

Lars
12-06-06, 06:56
I want to take the SMG course, but it might push me over the edge and cause me to buy an auto sear.... Like i need to drop 12 large!!!!

Joe Mamma
12-06-06, 09:08
I want to take the SMG course, but it might push me over the edge and cause me to buy an auto sear.... Like i need to drop 12 large!!!!

I'm seriously thinking about the SMG course too. I'm not sure I can afford the ammo!

Joe Mamma