PDA

View Full Version : Colt And Bushmaster

Killer Angel
10-07-08, 09:55
I am about to finish assembling my first AR carbine.My set up is a used Colt M16A1 lower receiver with a Full auto feature and also a slightly used Colt M4A1 upper receiver and barrel(14.5 Inches(Nato 1/7)).Now someone is offering me a brand new Bushmaster M4 carbine also with a Full Auto feature in exchange for my Colt M16A1 lower and Colt M4a1 upper receiver and barrel set up carbine.If you were me,would you accept his offer or not?And why?
Thanks.

CCFP
10-07-08, 10:10
I wouldn't take that offer. Why? Colt is the original, and there is the question of comparable quality as well. That's my opinion.

Cameron
10-07-08, 11:03
Bushmaster for a Colt?

Yeah makes about as much sense as voting for Obama.

JoshNC
10-07-08, 11:34
Never would I trade a Colt for a Bushmaster. Keep the Colt M16A1 lower with the Colt M4 upper. I also have one of these and would never trade it for a Bushmaster.

Just out of curiosity, what country are you in? And how much do factory Colt M16A1s cost there?

ST911
10-07-08, 12:07
I am about to finish assembling my first AR carbine.My set up is a slightly used Colt M16A1 lower receiver with a Full auto feature and also a slightly used Colt M4A1 upper receiver and barrel(14.5 Inches(Nato 1/7)).Now someone is offering me a brand new Bushmaster M4 carbine also with a Full Auto feature in exchange for my Colt M16A1 lower and Colt M4a1 upper receiver and barrel set up carbine.If you were me,would you accept his offer or not?And why?
Thanks.

Bad trade. More importantly, most likely unlawful, depending on your location and undisclosed pertinents.

Iraqgunz
10-07-08, 13:18
Exactly what I was thinking as well because I cannot imagine any Bushamsters that would be considered fully transferable. I would also never trade a Colt for a Crapmaster under any circumstances.

Bad trade. More importantly, most likely unlawful, depending on your location and undisclosed pertinents.

Veracity
10-07-08, 15:42
Colt = Amazing

Bushmaster = Good

Colt > Bushmaster

LOKNLOD
10-07-08, 15:49
IIRC Killer Angel lives in the Phillipines and the issues with what we would consider NFA weapons are not really issues for him...

ST911
10-07-08, 16:22
IIRC Killer Angel lives in the Phillipines and the issues with what we would consider NFA weapons are not really issues for him...

Okay then.

Bad trade.

markm
10-07-08, 16:37

That's what I was assuming when I read this thread this morning. I think he should make that part clear though when talking about MGs so as not to freak out the weaker members here or any lurkers for that matter.

warpigM-4
10-07-08, 18:30
stay with the colt.

Killer Angel
10-08-08, 01:33
Never would I trade a Colt for a Bushmaster. Keep the Colt M16A1 lower with the Colt M4 upper. I also have one of these and would never trade it for a Bushmaster.

Just out of curiosity, what country are you in? And how much do factory Colt M16A1s cost there?

Like what LOKNOD said,I live here here in the Philippines and owning Full Auto weapons here is sometimes legal and sometimes not.What I'm trying to say is that,technically,it is prohibited but there are times when the government gives an amnesty for a couple of months and you can have your Full Auto weapon or loose firearms licensed.After that,even when it becomes illegal again,owning the said firearm that you had licensed still becomes legal as it is licensed already.It is the acquired Full Auto weapon or loose firearm during the Illegal period that is prohibited.In the case that you acquire a Full Auto or Loose firearm during the illegal period,all you have to do is wait until the Amnesty period and have the said firearm license to make it legal.As you can see,in my country,we have so many funny laws.
In regards to the factory cost of Colt M16A1s here in the Philippines,they aren't sold at gun stores here.They are sold by private individuals who have,for some reason,have access to them.You cannot also find a brand new Colt M 16A1(Lower and Upper) or M4/4A1 Upper and Barrel here.The Colt M16A2(Lower) and M4/4A1(Lower) are almost impossible to find in the Philippines.Most of the A2,A3,or A4 series(95%)which you shall find here are fakes.I myself was a victim of being given a fake Colt M4A1 Lower.Good thing for me I was fortunate enough to acquire a second hand(Used) Colt M16A1 Lower Receiver for 23,000.00 Pesos.That would be equal to $480.00.Then after that,I was fortunate again to find a Colt M4A1 Upper and Barrel(14.5 Inches(Nato 1/7)) for 100,000.00 Pesos.Roughly equal to $2,200.00.I suppose that you can call my set up a Half Colt M16A1(Lower)and a Half Colt M4A1(Upper And Barrel).Well,these are all for now.Many Thanks to all your advices.

Killer angel,

Cold Zero
10-08-08, 06:54
I would never trade a Schrubmaster for a Colt under any circumstances.

bankerrkt
10-08-08, 18:53
IMHO, keep the Colt.

Sabre675
10-09-08, 03:28
COLT

And swap the trigger group for a Geissele trigger FA 2 stage.

Loner
10-09-08, 08:30
Keep the Colt. I'm currently using a Colt AR15 lower myself and have another Colt M16A1 lower set aside for another build. I'd rather have an original Colt or Elisco M16A1 lower than a Bush or any other enhanced lower that you mentioned.

Funny thing is cost wise, market prices for an original Bushmaster FA rifle is more expensive than a Colt M4 upper and Colt M16A1 lower combined. Go figure!

lanceriley
10-09-08, 11:36
i live in the Philippines too.

Killer Angel should also point out the condition of his m16a1. as far as I know most of these m16a1s were rifles from the U.S. Military that were.... "used up" after the Vietnam war then given away to it's allies... one of em was the philippines. most of the m16a1s are really beaten down. maybe killer angel should let us know the condition of the m16a1 reciever?

In my opinion. he should get the bushmaster. I for one use an ELISCO reciever. it's a Philippine made lower reciever under license by colt. still looks better than the m16a1 reciever since it is more recent.

Killer Angel
10-10-08, 06:44
i live in the Philippines too.

Killer Angel should also point out the condition of his m16a1. as far as I know most of these m16a1s were rifles from the U.S. Military that were.... "used up" after the Vietnam war then given away to it's allies... one of em was the philippines. most of the m16a1s are really beaten down. maybe killer angel should let us know the condition of the m16a1 reciever?

In my opinion. he should get the bushmaster. I for one use an ELISCO reciever. it's a Philippine made lower reciever under license by colt. still looks better than the m16a1 reciever since it is more recent.

By the way,if you read my first post in regards to my Colt M16A1 lower receiver,I made it clear that it was a used one.

lanceriley
10-10-08, 11:09
Im not talking about a used m16a1. there is no such thing as a bnew m16a1.

If you read my post. it's about the CONDITION of the reciever.

it's badly beaten up. get the bushmaster

kukang
11-09-08, 03:04
It's amazing how BM's are so revered in the Philippines. Am from Manila too and I know quite a few guys who wouldn't buy anything else but Bushys.

lanceriley
11-09-08, 03:29
well... bushmaster is revered here in the Philippines... because... we don't have any other ar15s aside from bushy and dpms.

kukang
11-09-08, 03:34
well... bushmaster is revered here in the Philippines... because... we don't have any other ar15s aside from bushy and dpms.

And a lot of the BM's in the Philippines are fakes.

bkb0000
11-09-08, 03:45
And a lot of the BM's in the Philippines are fakes.

fake bushmasters.... who ever woulda thunk it?

lanceriley
11-09-08, 03:48
i've never seen a fake though....