PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened to the GRSC Combat Rifle Scope?

lowprone
10-22-08, 17:12
Anybody remember these? Anybody purchase one? Any feedback? I know some of you guys run an inordinate amount of ammo through your rifles and wonder if these things ever made the grade? What are the 1x4 scopes that have? I can only afford to buy once.

SMGLee
10-22-08, 17:44
I mounted my scope on a 308 FAL, I know, I know the BDC is build for 556, but I use it mainly as a GP combat scope and the scope has held up just fine.....

GRSC
10-22-08, 22:56
Anybody remember these? Anybody purchase one? Any feedback? I know some of you guys run an inordinate amount of ammo through your rifles and wonder if these things ever made the grade? What are the 1x4 scopes that have? I can only afford to buy once.

I don't post much on this web site because I am not a paid advertiser here, but here is the lates info. I'm the proccess of having two new scopes put into production. A 1x4 made in S Korea and a 1x6 being made in Florida. I'm being told by these manufactures that the scopes should be avalible Jan 09. I can only hope!!!!!! This has been a very long hard uphill battle to get these scopes into production. I haven't given up. The reports that have come back from people who have used and killed with the scope in the sandbox have been very positive about the reticle. The scope needs to be better. Sorry but I can't give more details at this time because the scopes are still in development.

Ed
GRSC Inc

Eye Spy
10-23-08, 09:21
I don't post much on this web site because I am not a paid advertiser here, but here is the lates info. I'm the proccess of having two new scopes put into production. A 1x4 made in S Korea and a 1x6 being made in Florida. I'm being told by these manufactures that the scopes should be avalible Jan 09. I can only hope!!!!!! This has been a very long hard uphill battle to get these scopes into production. I haven't given up. The reports that have come back from people who have used and killed with the scope in the sandbox have been very positive about the reticle. The scope needs to be better. Sorry but I can't give more details at this time because the scopes are still in development.

Ed
GRSC Inc

Thank's for the update. I have been considering a 1 - 4 scope for a long time and have been interested in the GRSC since it "came out". :) Though i'm not military or LEO, I like the reticle you have on your scope with the ranging circles. Simple and easy to understand by armchair commandos like myself.

Looks like i'm going to have to wait a while longer .... :(

BTW, any chance it will come out in a more compact package (shorter tube)?

GRSC
10-23-08, 11:23
Thank's for the update. I have been considering a 1 - 4 scope for a long time and have been interested in the GRSC since it "came out". :) Though i'm not military or LEO, I like the reticle you have on your scope with the ranging circles. Simple and easy to understand by armchair commandos like myself.

Looks like i'm going to have to wait a while longer .... :(

BTW, any chance it will come out in a more compact package (shorter tube)?

Yes both scopes will be shorter than the oringinal. The S Korean 1x4 will have a 30mm tube and be about 9.5 inches long. The US made 1x6 scope will have a 35mm tube and will be about 8 inches long. Both scopes will have the new 800 yard BDC reticle. This reticle is pretty much the same as the 500 yard BDC reticle but it goes out to 800 yards.

Ed
GRSC Inc

sgtmajor
10-23-08, 15:37
Yes both scopes will be shorter than the oringinal. The S Korean 1x4 will have a 30mm tube and be about 9.5 inches long. The US made 1x6 scope will have a 35mm tube and will be about 8 inches long. Both scopes will have the new 800 yard BDC reticle. This reticle is pretty much the same as the 500 yard BDC reticle but it goes out to 800 yards.

Ed
GRSC Inc

please keep us in the loop if the 1-6 goes down to a true 1x i might be interested in one of those as well.

boltcatch
10-23-08, 16:37
This is really interesting - sounds like it will be worth the wait, so let us know how it's going from time to time.

macman37
10-24-08, 20:49
I still seriously dig that reticle. Best of luck to you Ed!

fabulous45s
10-25-08, 07:24
Funny, I was just thinking about GRSC's the other day. A US made 1-6x sounds like a good bit of kit.

It's a lot easier for DoD units to make an open purchase of US made products. I know we'd be more apt to pick up 40-50 of those than a dozen S&B's.

GRSC
10-26-08, 20:43
please keep us in the loop if the 1-6 goes down to a true 1x i might be interested in one of those as well.

I am told it will be a 1x6. I was told by many scope people this was not possible. Well Swarovski has their 1x6 and I was very impressed. Unfortunately they don't want anything to do with my reticle. The prototype 1x6 I received from Ellis optics looked very good.

Ed
GRSC Inc

Tokarev
07-05-09, 11:15
Any updates?

Bulldog1967
09-27-10, 09:15
Website is down, did they go tits up?

shooter521
09-27-10, 09:19
Website is down, did they go tits up?

Website may be down, but GRSC is very much still in business. Ed posted on TOS recently that the new (Korean mfg.) CRS scopes are starting to ship. :D

Originally Posted By GRSC 9/23/10:
Up date we will start shipping scopes tomorrow.
Here is a link to a video of Super Set in action at a recent 3 gun match Using the CRS. Rifle action starts at 4 minutes into video. Enjoy!
Thanks
Ed Verdugo
GRSC Inc.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0WQZMwr9bs

ra2bach
09-27-10, 20:11
Ed, without being disrespectful, some people claimed this scope was the Millet with a different reticle. do you want to comment on that rumor?