PDA

View Full Version : Beretta 90two

graffex
11-15-06, 15:59
I'm a fan of the Beretta 92F and I'm interested in possibly purchasing the newer 90two. It's features are obviously a nice upgrade over the 92F but I was wondering how it stacks up against the 92F. I'm assuming it's the same other than the updates but I figured I ask. The Type G version is looking mighty nice to me right now.

graffex
11-15-06, 21:00
Anyone?

Striker5
11-17-06, 11:16
There are a few at the PX. I haven't heard any scuttlebutt good or bad. As far as I can tell it has a rail and an interchangable back strap - otherwise it is all 92FS. Ergo, it should be extremely reliable, acceptably accurate and too big for its cartridge. Personally, I think they look gay. I have a 92FS and it has its ups and downs. The ultimate Beretta for me ("height waiver") would be a Brigadier with a Vertec frame. I recently shot a friend's Brigadier - heavier slide, beefier sights. It was pretty sweet. It's guts however were just like my pistol. I think it will be the same story with this pistol.

Sam
11-17-06, 11:47
The ultimate Beretta for me ("height waiver") would be a Brigadier with a Vertec frame.

That would be an Elite 1A.

http://www.hunt101.com/img/450458.jpg

SuicideHz
11-17-06, 16:50
aren't 90-twos cheaper than 92fs' still according to beretta?

David Thomas
11-17-06, 17:39
That would be an Elite 1A.

http://www.hunt101.com/img/450458.jpg

I agree, but with de-cock only. No manual safety.

SuicideHz
11-18-06, 01:24
I wish I could turn my 92fs safety into a decock only...

Sam
11-18-06, 07:10
I agree, but with de-cock only. No manual safety.

That's exactly what you have in the Elite 1A, it's a G thang :)

All Elite series: the original Elite, Elite II, Elite 1A plus the SD are G guns, so they have decocker lever.

Suicide:
I was told that the only way you can turn FS or F 92s into G guns is by getting a G slide.

Bonk2029
11-18-06, 18:01
I had a good chat with the regional Beretta rep when he came up to let our SWAT team T&E the Benelli M4 12ga. He also brought two 90-two's and a half case of 9mm, even though he knew beforehand that we have no interest in dumping our Glock 22's.:)

Of the upgrades, he shared the following:
- Slight upward tilt of the safety lever (when off, it sits at 10:00 vs 9:00). That was done after they received dozens of complaints from users who were accidentally knocking it on when racking the slide. Kind of natural motion, particularly if you're using a "pinch" grip on the rear of the slide. Supposedly tilting the levers up like that helps prevent this.
- Interchangeable backstrap. This was done both out of a discarding of the "one gun should fit everyone" paradigm, and also realizing how popular the swappable backstraps of other handguns were becoming. I also liked how the punch tool to help in the swap stows neatly in the backstrap.
- Plastic rail cover. Neither one of us understood this, and he said he thought it was brought out to placate the "anti-tactical" IPSC crowd who thought light rails were ugly or something:rolleyes: . It's nearly weightless, and worthless in my opinion.

I know there's a couple of other changes, but I can't think of them.

Glockster35
11-19-06, 17:24
I handled one at a gun show yesterday.

I am NOT a fan!

I don't care for the futuristic styling or the replaceable back strap. Other than that, again, it's just a 92 FS in disguise. And I agree, it's far too big for it's intended cartridges!