PDA

View Full Version : About dang time...

Razoreye
12-01-06, 10:39
I purchased a new Glock 30 yesterday and as a token of Glock's appreciation they decided to finally update their website. :D

www.glock.com

Chris_C
12-01-06, 10:41
I purchased a new Glock 30 yesterday and as a token of Glock's appreciation they decided to finally update their website. :D

www.glock.com

The purchase you made, they were then able to pay the web developers the balance to launch the site.

Razoreye
12-01-06, 14:44
The purchase you made, they were then able to pay the web developers the balance to launch the site.
Yup, them Austians only get paid $2 a day. :D My contribution of $475 profit enabled them to hire a whole team!

Glockster35
12-01-06, 20:48
I don't think that site has been updated in about 5 years. It's about time.

How is it that a corporation who was so far ahead of their time when they introduced their first firearms, is so far behind in the IT age?

madryan
12-01-06, 21:54
I don't think that site has been updated in about 5 years. It's about time.

How is it that a corporation who was so far ahead of their time when they introduced their first firearms, is so far behind in the IT age?

Probably because they cater to shooters, not internet commandos. :D

M4arc
12-01-06, 21:57
WOW, I'm impressed!

However, you guys do know that the Glock, USA site is http://www.teamglock.com right? I guess Georgia got sick and tired of waiting for the mothership to update the site so they created their own over a year ago.

Glockster35
12-01-06, 22:44

I can't take offense to that...I admit, I do more posting than I do shooting...

I do own two Glocks though!:D

baffle Stack
12-02-06, 00:48
Wow. There's even a section under the options tab about the - marked connector. That surprises me.

M4arc
12-02-06, 06:12
BTW, congrats on the new G30 Razor!

Glockster35
12-02-06, 07:34
No to get off topic, but what is the purpose of the marked connector?

M4arc
12-02-06, 07:39
No to get off topic, but what is the purpose of the marked connector?

Different weights; the "-" connector is the 3.5lbs connector you always hear about and the one that comes standard in the M34/35. There is also a "+" connector that gives you a heavier trigger pull.

Glockster35
12-02-06, 07:43
I never knew that.

I have a Glock 35, and my connector is not marked anywhere that I can tell.

Then again it was made the first year they came out with them.

M4arc
12-02-06, 07:49
Some G34/35s do come with standard 5.5lb connectors. It's possible your G35 has a standard one.

Glockster35
12-02-06, 08:08
It might be there, but mine is defeinately the 3.5. Matter in fact right now it is much closer to 2.0, thanks to a Ralph Sotelo www.triggerkit.com setup.

I have never shot a smoother Glock trigger! I am still using the polished stock Glock connector.

LOKNLOD
12-02-06, 09:27
Wow. There's even a section under the options tab about the - marked connector. That surprises me.

Interesting that they list it as 4.5 instead of 3.5. Have they made changes?

Robb Jensen
12-02-06, 09:39
Interesting that they list it as 4.5 instead of 3.5. Have they made changes?

A Glock with a 3.5lb connector and a standard trigger spring has a trigger pull of 4.5lbs (typically). With a 5lb connector it's 5.5-6lbs. Ghost used to (may still) made/makes a 4.5lb connector

The best Glock trigger I've ever felt shooting was a Vanek 1.5lb trigger (not the drop-in) which is no longer legal in Production for USPSA. The new drop-in is legal. http://www.vanekcustom.com/index.html

HotRod9mm
12-02-06, 10:11
You can ID the connector just by field stripping the pistol.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v79/hotrod9mm/Connector-ID.jpg

LOKNLOD
12-02-06, 10:54
A Glock with a 3.5lb connector and a standard trigger spring has a trigger pull of 4.5lbs (typically). With a 5lb connector it's 5.5-6lbs. Ghost used to (may still) made/makes a 4.5lb connector

The best Glock trigger I've ever felt shooting was a Vanek 1.5lb trigger (not the drop-in) which is no longer legal in Production for USPSA. The new drop-in is legal. http://www.vanekcustom.com/index.html

Gotcha. That makes sense. 3.5 connector for a 4.5 pull...Any truth to the rumors about limited availability I heard a while back? I'd really like to try the 3.5/NY1 spring combo out I just haven't gotten around to ordering the parts.

Milkman
12-02-06, 11:21

Have you ever been to Glocktalk.com? :D

M4arc
12-02-06, 12:19
Have you ever been to Glocktalk.com? :D

As far as I know Glock (USA or Austria) has no affiliation with glocktalk.com.

Glockster35
12-02-06, 12:29
You are correct, GlockTalk is not associated with the Glock Corporation at all. It is simply a Glock enthusiasts site.

There is a lot of information available there, but like many firearm specific sites, there are trolls hiding in every nook and cranny, waiting to spook you away.

I have been a member there for many years, and I find today it is probably the forum I visit least often.

Robb Jensen
12-02-06, 12:32
Gotcha. That makes sense. 3.5 connector for a 4.5 pull...Any truth to the rumors about limited availability I heard a while back? I'd really like to try the 3.5/NY1 spring combo out I just haven't gotten around to ordering the parts.

Yes genuine 3.5lb Glock Inc connectors are impossible to get now. We used to stock them.

M4arc
12-02-06, 13:01
You are correct, GlockTalk is not associated with the Glock Corporation at all. It is simply a Glock enthusiasts site.

There is a lot of information available there, but like many firearm specific sites, there are trolls hiding in every nook and cranny, waiting to spook you away.

I have been a member there for many years, and I find today it is probably the forum I visit least often.

Yeah I thought Eric ran that site out of his own pocket, selling some advertising space, taking "donations" and selling a few items in his store. He does all in addition to having a real-full time job!

Milkman
12-02-06, 17:16
As far as I know Glock (USA or Austria) has no affiliation with glocktalk.com.

The joke is not funny if I have to explain it.

Robb Jensen
12-02-06, 20:01
The joke is not funny if I have to explain it.

Please do, we don't speak code here.

Razoreye
12-06-06, 20:06
BTW, congrats on the new G30 Razor!Gracious, sir! :D For some reason my G21 feels lighter (weight distribution, my guess) but the smaller package of the G30 is PERFECT for concealed carry. I feel much more comfortable now. The only drawback is the same with the G21, the grip is too wide to utilize the mag release without shifting the grip. Ah, I'll take that tradeoff though!

Razoreye
12-06-06, 20:10
Please do, we don't speak code here.
Glock caters to shooters, not internet commandos. Glocktalk caters to internet commandos, not shooters. :D I believe that was his joke.